Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 01:23 PM   #1

Winnabago Adventuer 38Q

Hi all I would like to hear comments, concerns, and opinions on this coach. I'm looking at purchasing a new coach. I have been leaning towards a Tiffin 36LA but I have seen the 38Q and it looks very appealing. It's going to come down to price basically. So please if you have a 38Q let's hear from you,,
kg6vvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 01:35 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Until Winnie and Tiffin quit using Schwintek slides avoid both! Look at Newmar.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 04:21 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just bought one 4 months ago

Ours is about 4-5 months old and we use it quite a bit. Initially we had many problems with it. Refrigerator fell out of its slot across the MH destroying it and the microwave, engine PCM gave us fits and had to be reprogrammed, slide ram broke and came out of alignment, lost the programming on the rear bedroom slide, leak around windshield, infotainment system not wired correctly, coax to tv input incorrectly wired,slide covers out of adjustment, front shade out of whack, control board on the replacement refrigerator failed and had to be replaced, punctured coolant line from engine radiator to coach heater system, and a bunch of other smaller issues that had to be repaired. I am always working on bugs with it, but some of that is to be expected with such a loaded and complex rig.

The new slide systems on this years model are really well built compared to the old Schwintek system we had on our 2104 Itasca. As noted we did have problems with the rams on the Power Gear Digi-synch slide but I think we have that all fixed up now.

It took about 2 months to get the bugs worked out between Ford, Winnebago, and my own repair work. About 60% of the problems I resolved without dealership help. At times I had some real doubts about having bought the rig, but I think we are happy with our decision now that the bugs are getting worked out and things seem stable.

We've owned 8 RV's (of all types) over the past 35 years and this rig has by far the most complex systems of all the units we've owned. With all the gizmos and gadgets we understand and expect we are going to have to deal with many more system problems and issues.

All that said things now seem to be working well (fingers crossed) and we totally love the comfort afforded to us by the unit. It seems to be doing quite well now and we thoroughly enjoy the 38Q and are using the unit frequently. We're really logging up the miles and plan a long cross country trip in it later this month.

If you want more specific info please let me know

Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 06:52 AM   #4

Love my 38Q

Really like the new 6 speed. New slides wok well. Had some warranty work but seem to be ok now. Love the floor plan.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent