RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #1

Winnebago acquires Newmar....

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...er-Newmar.html

Rmedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:53 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
All I can say is WOW!!

macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Now we know why Winnebago reversed course on the Junction City, Oregon factory and the attempt to move all DP production there.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Winnebago acquires Newmar....

One of the reasons Winnebago gave for backing out of Oregon was lack experienced quality workers in the area. I guess they have that now at the Newmar plants!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #5

Location: Land of high fuel prices and poor roads; Kalifornia
Actually, Winnebago and Newmar are my 2 favorite brands of RV's. The newer Winnebago's are so UGLY I haven't even considered one. Hopefully, this will be good for customers.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #6

Donít buy a DP from Winnebago, I would not buy any class A from Winnebago. Winnebago has moved away from a range of DP. Newmar has a range of DP, A, and SuperC. Winnebago will kill the Forza , the Horizon is dead. Class A use to have the Adventure as a top line A, the current line is many steps down.
Winnebago has the View, Newmar does not have a Sprinter class. I think this deal was in the works for a number of years.
If you are looking for a coach, be careful. Tiffin May have hoped to be acquired, the market is slowing.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:58 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting comment from Coffie Drink. But they still own a Winnebago
There are some other interesting comments also. As far as I can see, yes Winnebago seems to be letting go of what I call a very important class of people. They seem to have killed off their low end model gas units and brought back the High end name Adventure but attached it to the low end Vista and Sunstar models. Not a smart thing in my opinion. Right now Winnebago has 2 DP's the Horizon with only 2 models (not impressed) and the entry level Forza which has potential but misses the common sense mark with the 38D, F, and W. All three of these will sleep at least 8 only feed 4 at a time and only tow 5klbs or less which means a large family has to take a toad and another vehicle or have someone drive a vehicle large enough to carry the whole family. They had an earlier version that would at least feed 6 at a time but dropped that version. They also need to upgrade these 3 to at least offer Allison 3000 transmission and the 360hp Cummins so they can actually tow 10klbs and not just add a 10klbs hitch.
So back to the acquisition of Newmar, They charge a lot for their MH's but I don't think they are worth what they want for them. I think Winnebago had a better quality feel than the Newmar.
The Horizon floor plans and interior are lacking. I think they are caving in to the 30 something crowd and forgetting about the more mature crowd with the old world money.
Winnebago needs to get back to building 1 or 2 levels of gas MH on par with the ones they used to build.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:32 PM   #8

Winnebago may IMHO drop DP and Class A gas. They are pushing Sprinters with the current View at near 170k with FBP. The F53 will need an upgrade due to a new Ford V8 and transmision. Will they sell it or use Bay Star? I will bet the Horizon, is dead. They would need to move production from OR, did they?
I think the buyout was years in the making, get rid of competitive units, Newmar is the only large coach builder who did not have a Sprinter, or C/B. Now they have a SuperC. Winnebago did not get into that segment.
Winnebago will sell C and B, maybe low end A. As the brand is reduced, Newmar will have the DP, A and SuperC. This deal should make buyers and dealers pause.
Old 09-24-2019, 10:39 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Blah Blah.......Blah its over, done deal......lets move on people.........
Old 09-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Sorry, but it is not a "done deal". At this point there is a signed letter of intent and the announcement.
WGO has not yet BORROWED the cash it needs to make this acquisition happen. OBTW, the "experts" are not too happy about the issuance of more debt and will likely downgrade WGO rating because of it.

The following is a press release from S&P Global Ratings:

""NEW YORK (S&P Global Ratings) Sept. 17, 2019-S&P Global Ratings today took the

rating actions listed above. The negative CreditWatch placement on the senior

secured issue-level rating reflects the mix of debt and equity that Winnebago

is expected to use for the acquisition, and our expectation that the

leveraging acquisition will result in more secured debt in the capital

structure and potentially reduce recovery prospects for secured lenders.
It is

our understanding that Winnebago will raise about $270 million of senior

secured debt and issue two million shares of equity to purchase Newmar for a

purchase price of approximately $344 million, based on the closing stock price

on September 13, 2019. Winnebago also plans to upsize its asset-based revolver

capacity to $192 million from $165 million, which would increase priority

claims ahead of senior secured debt.............""
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:40 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGewl View Post
I think they are caving in to the 30 something crowd and forgetting about the more mature crowd with the old world money.
Winnebago needs to get back to building 1 or 2 levels of gas MH on par with the ones they used to build.
Yeah but the "30 something crowd" will inherit the "mature crowd old world money", so Winnebago may not be as clueless as you think.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Not a done deal yet, at least until the 1 qtr of 2020. https://www.southbendtribune.com/new...5e4b2b7b5.html

Also read: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/winne...113000321.html

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, winnebago