Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Adventurer

We have a 2009 Adventurer with slide out problems. 2 of the slides are intermittent. Sometimes they come in or go out other times they stop (not always the same place). We have talked with Winnebago service who gave the tech a list of things to check - they all checked out ok, no problems (this has been done 2 times). The service tech also contacted Kwikee with no success - he said they just didn't get it, so they were no help. We have had this in for service many, many times and spent thousands of dollars trying to find the problem since we purchased it new. We are not mechanically inclined so we have to rely on service. The tech told me today that he was not really familiar with this particular type of slide out mechanisms and that we needed to find someone who is, however we do not know anyone since we rely on service. Most of the miles on this motorhome are for taking it for repair. It only has 8500 miles. We are afraid to take it on a trip. The last time one of them stuck and would not go in or out with about 1" still out at the bottom of the slide. Anyone have this problem or have suggestions.
Richpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Not knowing all the checks that have been done I can only suggest something basic. On mine the brake has to be set and the engine running when operating the slides. If you have the key turned to accessory and the engine not running your battery may not be able to handle the load of the slide. I am probably way off but all I can suggest; Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone6 using iRV2 mobile
Old 07-20-2015, 07:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You may be better off taking this to Forest City for repair. At least the factory should be able to help without throwing a lot of money at it.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:23 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Just 2 tips.
Have the engine running.
Open the door.
My full wall slide would sometimes not come all the way in. A friend told me about opening the door. Believe me, it works.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. I like you suggestion. Does Winnebago have a service center at Forest City or is there a local dealer with service?
Old 07-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Chase A. We will try that one.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Yes, Winnebago has a service facility at the factory. There is also over night parking with hook ups while waiting or having service done. Also over night parking at Visitor Center across the street.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

It is best to make an appointment with the service center but they will take you on a non-appointment basis. It may take a couple of days before they can fit you in.
They do have electric hookups available at the service center and if that is full they have a section with electric hook up across the highway at the rally grounds. Water and sewer dumps are available at the rally grounds.
They do their best to have the rig out for you to spend the night in even if the work isn't finished.

We were there four or five times over the years and used to look forward the wait. There were happy hour gatherings every day and we met some neat people - some of which we are still in touch with and met up with from time all over the country.

Tags
slide problems, winnebago