Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Aspect Thread

Thought I would start a thread specifically for Aspect owners. For full disclosure, I do not have mine yet but after looking at trailers, class B and others, I have decided on the 24D. Will be pulling a Jeep Wrangler dingy. Waiting to see the 2017 models and what changes they make. Please feel free to share your pleasures, displeasures on your Aspect.
SeniorRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2016, 05:08 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
My wife and I bought a 2007 Aspect 26a in 2011. It was our first motorhome and it served us very well. As our grandchildren grew (6 of them now), the Aspect was too small. We traded it for a Vista 27 n that has more room. We did like the Aspect a lot and don't regret buying it at all. Good luck with your purchase.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:26 AM   #3

Are you aware there is an Aspect/Cambria forum @;

aspectcambria.proboards.com
Old 04-21-2016, 10:00 AM   #4

I had looked and not found one, will check it out and end this one. Thanks much.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #5

SeniorRover–

Didn't mean for my post to sound so gruff and ruin your idea of a Aspect dedicated thread here on iRV2. This is a great forum, high traffic, lots of views, so maybe a Aspect/Cambria thread here would be good.

But please drop over to the forum at AspectCambria.proboards.com and see what you think.

Cheers
Old 04-22-2016, 01:40 AM   #6
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
This is our second Aspect/Cambria and like it a lot. The new ones are quitter than the older ones. They have improved the insulation in the dog house. We have a new 2015 27K and have just passed the 6000 mile mark. We will put a little over 4000 this summer one it.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:39 AM   #7

We have had our 2008 26A for 2 seasons now and love it. The only problem I have is how little room there is around the toilet. I am willing to put up with that to have the other amenities. We especially like the large u shaped dinette and how comfortable it is, especially when compared to the competition. Generally it is just the 2 of us but we have accommodated up to 5 of us when the 2 small grandkids visit.

The proboards Aspect Forum is useful but pretty dead. There just isn't much activity on it.

I am not a mechanic but I do play one in my garage!
OlYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 02:10 PM   #8

Thanks for all your comments. I really like the units I have viewed.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:17 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Correction on my previous post. Our Aspect was 2006 not a 2007. Old age is getting to me.
sask66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #10

Thanks for all of your comments. I have been torn between an airstream 25, airstream interstate and the aspect. While I have not decided for sure, I am leaning toward the aspect. I am concerned at the lack of available service locations for the interstate, diesel fuel restrictions. I think my lifestyle today would be better suited to a coach rather than the trailer. I can get the aspect locally and have it and the Ford serviced here. I also like the large gas tank and the fact the generator pulls off the gas tank. I am sure it will not go at great speeds going uphill, but I am in no hurry. From all I have read, people are generally pleased with the Winnebago quality. I also like the larger generator in the aspect as compared to the interstate. Have any of you pulled a dingy?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #11
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes we pull a 2013 Lincoln MKX. Have pulled through Rocky Mountains without any problems. We originally pulled a Jeep Wrangler 2 door it pulled fine with the 2012 30C. Any other question please feel free to ask.
I have had several class As and class Cs. All have been Winnebago except one Fleetwood. We love our Winnebago products.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:48 PM   #12

Thanks, Jim and Pat. I have been looking at the Jeep Wrangler, Roadmaster tow bar and RoadMaster Invisibrake. Have heard from those using that dingy brake that they really like it. The Aspect I looked at had 2300 pounds of storage capability. I will use less than half of that to should be able to handle the jeep with no problems. It is really good to hear from those who have "been down the Winnebago road" before me. I will have the unit in the mountains a bunch.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
We use the brake buddy auxiliary braking system and the blue ox tow system. The wrangler was the easiest to tow and no speed restriction. Wife did not like climbing to get in back seat. The MKX is restricted to 65 mph max. This is ok. We usually run about 60 to 65. Make sure that you get the installer to run a line to keep tow battery up so you don't have to worry about running battery down.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:12 AM   #14

Thanks Jim. The RoadMaster system has the "hot" wire.

Tags
winnebago