Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2015, 04:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Winnebago ERA 70C - Whaddya think?

My apologies for posting the same question twice (both here and in the Class B forum) but I didn't notice this Winnebago forum until just now . . .

Guaranty RV in Junction City Oregon, says they have a 2016 Winnebago Era 70c on order that should be delivered in about 8 weeks. While we have not settled on a price the ballpark figure they gave me was in the low $100s.

Has anyone bought this make and model lately who can tell me if I am anywhere close to a good price? (And who can tell me how they like their rig?)

I've narrowed down my choices to this unit. I like the separate shower the hydronic heating and some other features.

Whaddya think?
Weazelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 01:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Do a search on RVT.com and you should see a number of units albeit not 2016 that should answer your question.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

just bought one and will pick it up in two weeks.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

You should be able to do better on the 2015 ERA 70C, just purchased and under the amount you have listed.
Gorzquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #5
jgn
Winnebago Watcher

We are looking at a 70 A or C. Have you had problems with the slide on the C and how is it to move around the bed when out.
One of my issues with the A is a wet bath and no screen, with the C is no where to lay sit is someone is laying down.
Guess if I want everything I won't find it in a B but we are travelers not campers so the B fits our needs best.
jgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I just posted a report on our first 2500 mile trip with the 70C over on the B forum. Zero slide problems, but two notes: 1) make sure the driver's chair is fully forward before operating the slide, 2) make sure the outside water compartment door is closed before closing the slide. Our was cracked from the dealer from where some kid didn't check it.

As to laying/sitting, when one of us wanted to sleep and one wanted to read, we pulled out the bed and put the two front seats angled towards each other. One slept, the other sat in the chair with the feet up on the other chair. Worked better than I thought it would.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

ERA 70C Slideout

We have not had any problems. The slid out worked as advertised, good to pay attention to the location of the driver's seat. You must pull the seat forward to avoid any problems.
Gorzquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We saw the Era 70C last month at McClain's in Oklahoma City and, I must say, that it's what rekindled our dream to have a RV. Based on my wee bit of experience with RVs, I have no interest in driving a Class C or certainly not a Class A. I've done a lot of comparisons, albeit all online, and have read lots of these forums. I'm hoping to see some other brands at the local RV show next month.
VoyagerRick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago