RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #99

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinbender47 View Post
I must be stupid I guess! What they (Winnebago iND) call wiring diagrams is beyond me for sure. I spent 37 tears in the HVAC business and reading blueprints and WIRING DIAGRAMS. Never had any trouble ciphering my way thru those diagrams. Now I look at the wiring for my 2016 Navion 24J and it's like I'M stupid all of a sudden.
I have on thing to say HELP!!!!
Thank you for letting me vent a bit and praying I can find some help here..
Bob
The place the vent respectfully.

As I have stated several time before, Winnebago has shot their customers and techs in the foot in this area. They did it in 2005 as a cost cutting measure.(????)

We just came back from having work done at the new Winnebago work center in Junction City, OR. The lead tech there told me that he has access to partial wiring schematics in their propitiatory data base. He can find a circuit using a number printed on a wire at the component in question. For the rest of us? Go fish. What a way to serve your loyal customers: the very people that have kept you alive.

I am looking for someone with the knowledge and know-how to put up a petition for all of us to sign and send off to Mr Happe at Winnebago. We need to demand that this most valuable resource be reinstated to us.

What electrical problem are you having?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 12:33 AM   #100

2016 Navion door locks

I have a 2016 Winnebago Navion 24J.
The power door locks work on the front 2 cab doors but not the main coach door. The solenoid actuator functions if power is applied to it. But there is the problem, no power reaches it. I've checked the "buttons" in the door frame and they seem fine. But to trace the problem further I need the schematics for the 12 volt system.
I have talked to Winnebago and they say the breaker needs to be reset under the passenger seat. None of the breakers are tripped. So I am at a stand still. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tinbender47

Tinbender47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:26 PM   #101

Have been cruising the many wonderful pages here on irv2. Don't remember where saw this but someone was having power problems, they found a loose screw on back side of breakers after couple different service centers gave up. Just saying sometimes have to look for the unexpected. Pick up a screwdriver/electrical tester and start from known power and check each point down the line, sooner or later will find trouble.
mcroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #102

Help please? Took our Minnie micro on first trip and canít get tv to work along with any of the outlets (like when I tried to use the kurig this morning figure we must be doing something wrong but no idea what. I really donít want to go to bet at 8:30 again tonight.
winyan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:15 AM   #103

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winyan7 View Post
Help please? Took our Minnie micro on first trip and canít get tv to work along with any of the outlets (like when I tried to use the kurig this morning figure we must be doing something wrong but no idea what. I really donít want to go to bet at 8:30 again tonight.

What does your owners manual say?

Are you dry camping or plugged in?

What is the model name for your RV? Minnie micro is too general.
Old 06-16-2018, 08:29 AM   #104

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winyan7 View Post

I'm assuming you're plugged in to shore power. Is the breaker for the shore power outlet turned on? (on the pedestal)

Does anything requiring 120 volts work?

Check your 120 volt breaker box for a tirpped breaker.

Check all GFCI outlets looking for one that's tripped. Often outlets are daisy chained from the GFCI and if it trips many other go out also. Be sure and check in storage bays for a 'hidden' one.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:24 PM   #105

Winnebago Owners Club
1989 Winnebago Elandan

I need a coach wiring diagram for a 1989 Winnebago Elandan modle 37RQ. Can not locate anywhere, having problems with front roof top AC unit, it workswell but only if power applied thru the control switches by way of a drop/extention cord. Is not a fuse/breaker issue, please help.
The breaker branch line that run the rear AC unit, attaches to a 3 position switch located in the galley, beneath the refrigerator alcove, is fed ,as I said by the line feeding the rear AC unit and has lines coming off the switch, the switch has not effect on anything that I can determine. Below is a picture of the switch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180826_162455.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	266.8 KB
ID:	216567  
wayhilc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:10 AM   #106
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayhilc2 View Post
I need a coach wiring diagram for a 1989 Winnebago Elandan modle 37RQ. Can not locate anywhere, having problems with front roof top AC unit, it workswell but only if power applied thru the control switches by way of a drop/extention cord. Is not a fuse/breaker issue, please help.
The breaker branch line that run the rear AC unit, attaches to a 3 position switch located in the galley, beneath the refrigerator alcove, is fed ,as I said by the line feeding the rear AC unit and has lines coming off the switch, the switch has not effect on anything that I can determine. Below is a picture of the switch
Winnebago claims to have all that by request. Mystery is, how far back do they go. Give 'em a call and see what they say.

866-311-7133 is customer service, they'll get you to the right dept.

Best luck.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #107

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayhilc2 View Post
Try this: http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/1990/097948.pdf Look at the last pages, beyond the DC section.
Hope this is helpful.
Rick
Old 08-28-2018, 11:41 PM   #108

Winnebago Owners Club
Thank you very much, yes it provides the information i needed. Hope to get the new power center installed shortly, as it arrived just today.
wayhilc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #109

1999 Adventurer Fuseblock

Pardon if this has been brought up before, but...looking at the chassis schematic for my coach (37G) what shows as the fuseblock in the dash is clearly "not it." Not the same number of rows, or number of fuses in each row.
It makes troubleshooting electrical issues a little frustrating.
I can look it up on the Ford side and I get a match but I'm wondering why the Winnebago diagrams would be wrong.
Is anyone else experiencing this?
AndyAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:30 AM   #110
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAk View Post
Is anyone else experiencing this?
Is it possible that you are looking at a Workhorse fuse block?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:15 AM   #111

When I go to the Winnebago site and look at the schematics there...it's a fuseblock that's not in my rig.

When I look at the Ford Chassis manual, I see the one mounted in front of the radiator (and it matches) and I see the one that's under the flip up dash (and it matches as well).

I don't understand where the one in the Winnebago document came from.
AndyAk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:42 PM   #112

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAk View Post
When I go to the Winnebago site and look at the schematics there...it's a fuseblock that's not in my rig.

When I look at the Ford Chassis manual, I see the one mounted in front of the radiator (and it matches) and I see the one that's under the flip up dash (and it matches as well).

I don't understand where the one in the Winnebago document came from.
To me, this is NOT a chassis wiring issue. I think it would help if we had a better idea of what you are showing us in your picture. Please post a front view.
If this is a manual "Duel Air Switch" you need to ID the stages of it going to the units and verify power is getting through the switch.
Are you trying to run them on the generator?