Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #81
Winnie-Wise

Yes, it will fit through the front door. The washer is very heavy. We built a four wheel dolly to roll it to the entrance and then built a ramp onto a pickup truck. I am thinking it was around 130 pounds. No problem.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #82
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonedmon View Post
I want to remove my washer & dryer from my Itasca 42E. Has any fellow members done this. Will the washer/dryer fit through the front door?
May I ask why?
Old 09-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #83
Winnebago Master

Leaks anyone?

I'm back to add more info to the 40U's and even the QD's. Our grandsons were doing a sleepover with us about a month or so ago. We has some really bad rain during the night and the 5 year old got a wet face. "Grandpa. Water is dripping on me." And that started the problem chase.

The 'J' couch/gallery slide roof was leaking and the ceiling material over the speaker end of the couch was full of water. (A side note: I was trying to figure a better way to secure that end of the cabinet. It had come loose from the ceiling and I had removed the problem screws. This left small holes in the material to work the water out of.) We had a dry spell and I was able to squeegee the water out and get the material as dry as I could.

The problem is a Winnebago design issue for the way the flat roof is sealed behind the interior trim mounting rail. I believe the stress of opening and closing the slide causes this seam sealant to fail. It is a bear to get to but it is possible with the topper pulled back. The problem area can be seen behind the roof debris wiper. I found that this problem had been addressed once before with silicone.

My repair process included making a scraper from a small pry bar and, with a flexible 1 1/2 putty knife and the pry bar scraper, I cleaned all of the old stuff out. I had washed the slide roof before I started this repair and then washed the repair area with denatured alcohol. My repair was with Henry 212 clear sealant from HD and 3/8th" backer rod. I applied the sealant to the seam and the backer rod to the sealant, pressing it firmly in place. I water tested the repair and all is well again. This repair is for the full length of the seam. I didn't trust any of the old stuff.

While I was in the process of trying to deal with the above slide issue I was greeted with water dripping from the shower skylight. The sealant in the main roof track rail was not done correctly from the factory. I had a ceiling full of water over the shower. I pulled the inner skylight half out and worked for days to dry the ceiling. The plywood was a mess and the material saturated. A major area was separated. While things were drying I used a small pick to remove the sealant from the roof channel. Once started, the stuff pulled out like a rubber band. I cleaned the channel with denatured alcohol and filled it with the Henry 212 sealant. I am confidant this is now in good shape. Then I went to repairing the shower ceiling.

I used 1 1/2" aluminum from HD. I fitted it into the ceiling as a new attaching area for the skylight. I pre-drilled the holes and ran new screws into the ceiling. All is back together but what a mess to clean up.

We love our coach, but the problems we are encountering are more often a factory oversight or poor engineering. We are very pleased with the overall functioning of the coach as a home on wheels.

Happy trails all.

Rick Y

Tags
itasca, winnebago