Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2016, 07:26 AM   #1

KZ RV Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Winnebago make changes during the middle of the year

We are looking to buy a Fuse. It look like Winnebago make changes during the middle of the year.My question is do they make any changes to the modle # or is there any way of knowing the unit you are looking at has the new changes on it?
Thanks
EarlACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2016, 12:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlACO View Post
We are looking to buy a Fuse. It look like Winnebago make changes during the middle of the year.My question is do they make any changes to the modle # or is there any way of knowing the unit you are looking at has the new changes on it?
Thanks
About the only way to knowing if changes have been made through the model year is to call Winnebago using one of the methods in this link:

https://winnebagoind.com/contactges

If you have a product in mind give them a call and ask if any changes have been made. If so ask the date the changes went into effect and ask them to e mail you a list of those changes

Some changes are made to rectify a problem, others are for styling. If you read the last footnote on the specifications page of any Winnebago product brochure you'll see they reserve the right to make changes throughout the year without notice.

The brochures are printed once a year before the release of that years products. They are never reprinted so any changes made through the year will not be reflected in any printed or online publications.

When we were looking to order a 2013 Adventurer we got all the printed publications and visited a number of dealers. When the actual time came to make the order we visited several dealer websites and found completely different looking motorhomes. We found out that as of October 1st 2013 they changed the entire look of the front of the Adventurer. Those built before Oct. 1, 2012 looked like the 2012 models. Those built after Oct. 1, 2012 look like the 2014 models.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Winnie is very good about tracking changes by serial number. When you get down to a particular coach, get the serial number and call them and ask when it was actually built and what changes are included.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was looking at 2014 Sunova that was ordered by the dealer and it had everything we wanted. So we waited for it to come in and when it did arrive in late May it was branded as a 2015 model year on a 2014 Chassis. I was eager to learn the differences between the 2014-2 and 2015-1 models and there was some minor upgrades and they were there. At the time time I figured the difference was 2015-1 was simply on a 2014 chassis and the 2015-2 was on the 2015 Chassis. Now this past summer I was a RV park and we saw a Sunova that looked just like ours across the road. We spoke to the owner and his wife and he had a 2015-2 model. We visited each other coaches and there were plenty of differences for being the same model year - he had the new slide fix with the different tracks to pull the slides in, he had the vinyl flooring into the cab, the Itasca on the front hood was replaced with Winnebago and he had different cabinets over the buffet which they didn't like and really limited the use of the buffet on both sides of the tv. I don't have an issue with changes that have to do with equipment upgrades but to change things mid-year for cosmetic purposes it is not right. It just takes away from purchasing something new when in six months or less it is changed.

Back to your original question the Winnebago Serial Number has one different character in it - Go to the Winnebago website, under Resources select Product Information and the page opens up to a drop down for model year and model if you select 2016 FUSE you get this message

2016 Operator Manuals

2016 Motorhomes - 7th Digit in Serial Number is 1 Example: 12345U189012
2016 Motorhomes - 7th Digit in Serial Number is 2 Example:
12345U289012

Then you click on which one you were looking at or if you have the time download both manuals and compare them page by page to see the changes.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I purchased what the dealer called a 2017 1/2 Fuse 23A. I think there were minor cosmetic changes but the big change I saw was the chassis dash. Mine came with GPS/Ford Sync system which is a nice feature
SFC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:18 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlACO View Post
Thanks
If you go to winnebagoind.com -> resources -> product information and select the year and model and look down into wiring or plumbing diagrams you will often see more than 1 entry for a given model year in the serial number the original version will have "T1" in the serial number and a revised mid-year version will have "T2" in the serial number. This is one way of knowing they made a change mid-year that impacted the plumbing or electrical diagrams. There are even a few models and years that have a T3 series indicating a third version in a given year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago