Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #3893

Power Jack in the way!

Just bought a 2201DS and my TV is a Yukon XL with a full length rear lift hatch. When I picked it up at the dealer and finished the hook-up the hatch was up and on the way down it missed clearing the Power Jack by about a quarter of an inch. I forced it past the jack plastic housing and it left a little paint on the jack. I want to take the jack apart and turn it 90 degrees. I have the top of the jack loose and don't see anything there to loosen. I removed the two rubber plugs on each side and there are bolts in there. Rather than start cranking on them and then being sorry I thought I'd see if I could find some help here. I put a call into Winnie Towables but haven't heard back from them.
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #3894

Congratulations on the new 2201DS. We love ours.

On the power tongue jack, I think I would focus on the three bolts that attach the tongue jack to the tongue of the camper. Remove those three bolts and rotate the whole tongue jack. I think Bigbird did this same mod and had to redrill one of the holes.

Good luck with your modification. We've done lots of mods to our 2201DS. When you need some ideas/projects, let me know.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #3895

Hi Bob,
You're probably right about doing some drilling, it looks like the 3 bolts are not equally spaced. It also would put the switches more into the propane tank cover because we would be going about 120 degrees with the swing. I'll hang tight and see if someone else may know about the innards of the jack. Thanks
Old 02-20-2018, 03:31 PM   #3896

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ernie View Post
Hi Bob,
You're probably right about doing some drilling, it looks like the 3 bolts are not equally spaced. It also would put the switches more into the propane tank cover because we would be going about 120 degrees with the swing. I'll hang tight and see if someone else may know about the innards of the jack. Thanks
Ernie, it turned out to be a pretty easy job. I had to turn mine because of the tailgate. Remove the three mounting screws. Turn the jack so two holes match up. Start a couple of screws in these holes. From the bottom use a pencil to mark where the new hole in the jack base needs to be. Drill it and remount the jack. That is all there is to it. Welcome to the thread.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 06:16 AM   #3897

I agree with Ken and Bob. So now I don't have to type all that!��
Let us know how it works out.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #3898

I've been wanting to install a 12 volt meter somewhere in my 2201DS. I found one on Amazon that would fit inside my control cabinet next to the door. The switch turns the power off to the meter and the switch so there aren't any parasitic draws when I don't need it on. Should make battery monitoring a little easier when we dry camp.

Sorry the image turned out sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1437.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	193158  
Old 02-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #3899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
I've been wanting to install a 12 volt meter somewhere in my 2201DS. I found one on Amazon that would fit inside my control cabinet next to the door. The switch turns the power off to the meter and the switch so there aren't any parasitic draws when I don't need it on. Should make battery monitoring a little easier when we dry camp.

Sorry the image turned out sideways.
Excellent installation Bob. It was such a major mess behind my panel that I chickened out and mounted mine beside the indoor/outdoor thermometer above the bed and powered it with the light power. Today it is about 32 degrees and mine is reading 13.3. I have a functional switch but never turn it off because Minnie is on shore power 24/7 at home.

Right side up.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #3900

Just an update. I'm sure some of you folks remember that I spent $3200 on the rotted floor and restoration. David and I also installed a slide topper. In the last 2 1/2 days we have had 4" of rain according to my rain gauge and it is still raining. A short time ago I went out to Minnie with a flash light and thoroughly inspected it for water. I could not find a single drop.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:04 PM   #3901

Bigbird, I'm glad you are high and dry. I have also considered installing a slide topper on my camper but haven't gotten around to it. I was focusing mostly on upgrading the bearings, shackle bushings, tires etc. We got several multi-week vacations already planned out this year. I was even able to book 3 days in the Florida Keys at a State Park next December. Getting a state park campsite in the Florida Keys in the Winter is like winning the lottery.
Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 PM   #3902

I just got back from a short visit to Key Largo (not camping). I can see why it would be so hard to get a camping spot there - beautiful. I hated to leave.
Br0wnBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #3903

Bob, BigBird and TDI...

I'm gonna give it a try, BigBird...I see you jack has a round flange. My flange is a triangle that is longer on one side so that's going to throw one or all the holes out of whack when it gets rotated. I'll let you know how it turns out.

This is my third TT. I started out with a 70's model no name that had been worn out two or three times by the time I got it. We were young with a couple tots and it served us just fine. Next was a Sunnybrook that was at least 3rd hand for us. Wasn't too bad but DW couldn't stand it. Used it twice and spent more time working on the roof (dry rot) than we did camping. This time it had to be new or nothing. I picked the brand and she did the shopping. This thing is nice! Fit and Finish. I'm still pulling panels poking around truing to figure out where everything is.

Thanks for your help, I'll be back. E.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:19 PM   #3904

I'd be reluctant to start over with a new camper after all the stuff I've done to this one. It sure is fun making the improvements and learning how everything works and sometimes even making it better.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #3905

A/C Vibration

I have a 2013 Minnie 2101 FBS with an AC135 ducted unit and LP heat. The A/C unit is loud and vibrates the trailer. Anyone have any thoughts? Also, I want to install electric heat, anyone done this before? Thanks guys.
przero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #3906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ernie View Post
Bob, BigBird and TDI...

I'm gonna give it a try, BigBird...I see you jack has a round flange. My flange is a triangle that is longer on one side so that's going to throw one or all the holes out of whack when it gets rotated. I'll let you know how it turns out.

This is my third TT. I started out with a 70's model no name that had been worn out two or three times by the time I got it. We were young with a couple tots and it served us just fine. Next was a Sunnybrook that was at least 3rd hand for us. Wasn't too bad but DW couldn't stand it. Used it twice and spent more time working on the roof (dry rot) than we did camping. This time it had to be new or nothing. I picked the brand and she did the shopping. This thing is nice! Fit and Finish. I'm still pulling panels poking around truing to figure out where everything is.

Thanks for your help, I'll be back. E.
Ernie, I think the hole spacing is not equal but is universal for these electric jacks so you will be OK. You are going to love that new 2201.

Bob, I'm with you on keeping the trailer we have because it suits our needs just fine. New Goodyear Endurance tires, bushings etc etc etc.

Tags
winnebago