Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #3949

BrownBear, Leaks can be,
uhh, a real bear! The leak is likely some distance away from where you spot the water. If the wall under the window isn't wet, then the leak may not be in the window at all. You could request your dealer remove the window completely to inspect for water inside the wall, that will show if any water has been migrating thru or around the window. I found a leak thru direct observation during a rainstorm, sometimes, you just gotta look for the drip, and even then, the water might be travelling some distance before the drip. YOu could also get a 'moisture meter', like a stud finder, that you could use to see what parts of the wallboard are wet. Just an idea. Keep at it while you have your warranty!

YOu might see if you can find a shop that has this equipment:

http://rvleaks.com/
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2018, 07:39 PM   #3950

I am beginning to think it’s something like that, coming in from a roof light or a seam where the front cap joins the roof or sides, and then running through the ceiling or roof to over the “nightstand”. Since it is still under warranty, all of 4 months old, I’m glad I can make it the dealer’s problem to solve. I like the look of that SealTech system. Whatever they use, I just hope they put in the effort to doing it right and completely. I hate the thought of water damage in my brand new camper.

I look forward to having it fixed so I can forget about chasing leaks and just enjoy preparing for a long stay in the Minnie at the Outer Banks at the end of March. Amazon just delivered a Coleman Roadtrip grill I’m going to adapt to run on the quick connect propane line under my outdoor kitchen.
Br0wnBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #3951

Cruzbill, I’ll take a look at that Roadmaster hitch. I’ve gotta get a hold of my grandson and get his camera, guess I might try my Kodak and see what happens.

TDI-minnie, I tried finding the Minnie Owners group on Facebook. Guess I’m not entering the right thing. I tried Minnie Owners group and Winnebago Minnie Owners Group and no hits.
can you help?
Yukon XL 5.3 4:10
Minnie 2201DS
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 PM   #3952

Right after we got ours, I noticed a couple of drops of water hanging off of the TV antenna crank. I went up on the roof and discovered that it was leaking past the rubber boot on the antenna wire and following the wire down. I got some Dicor and caulked it up good and haven't had any problems since. It's probably something small. The tricky part is identifying it.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:39 AM   #3953

You will have to stay on the dealer to make them perform. They will try to silicone their way out of everything. Don't hesitate to refuse their solution if you don't think its right. One thing for sure, that, apart from a collision, there is nothing worse for your new TT than water intrusion, it is an insidious beast! Example, how many times have you said that dripping faucet you had will get better on its own? Not gonna happen. Not likely your dealer has the SealTech Machine, you might have to find a shop with one and then get Winn to let you go there to have the leak checked out. Stay on it!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:48 AM   #3954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br0wnBear View Post
I look forward to having it fixed so I can forget about chasing leaks and just enjoy preparing for a long stay in the Minnie at the Outer Banks at the end of March. Amazon just delivered a Coleman Roadtrip grill I’m going to adapt to run on the quick connect propane line under my outdoor kitchen.
I really know what water damage can do to a trailer and wish you the best at correcting it. Don't stop until it is fixed.

Last May we spent a week at Hatteras Sands Camp Ground. Very nice camp site on a water inlet.

Twice a day we were treated to a goose parade.

Fishing was good also.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:51 AM   #3955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ernie View Post
TDI-minnie, I tried finding the Minnie Owners group on Facebook. Guess I’m not entering the right thing. I tried Minnie Owners group and Winnebago Minnie Owners Group and no hits.
can you help?
Ernie, here is the website you are looking for.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:11 PM   #3956

Ken, thank you. It looks like Facebook has to have the exact name or no soap. With the volume they go through it has to be that way.

I clicked the link and it opened to a picture that has to be my old stomping grounds, Northern Arizona or Southern Utah. Great Country.
Yukon XL 5.3 4:10
Minnie 2201DS
Hey Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #3957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ernie View Post
Ken, thank you. It looks like Facebook has to have the exact name or no soap. With the volume they go through it has to be that way.

I clicked the link and it opened to a picture that has to be my old stomping grounds, Northern Arizona or Southern Utah. Great Country.
.........and did they let you join?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 PM   #3958

Say Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
I really know what water damage can do to a trailer and wish you the best at correcting it. Don't stop until it is fixed.

Last May we spent a week at Hatteras Sands Camp Ground. Very nice camp site on a water inlet.

Twice a day we were treated to a goose parade.

Fishing was good also.

Did you say high to my sister? she lives 5 miles from the lighthouse. I noticed your TV...same that i bought in 2016. Want to get a Winnie Plus so looks like my RAM ought to handle it. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
sejac55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:32 AM   #3959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miseagull View Post
Hi,

I am soon to be a real member of the Winnebago towable group as I am in process of ordering a new Minnie. I am trying to make my final decision on the floorplan I will order. It will come down to the real life length of the dinette that Winnebago puts in the 2500FL and 2500RL. Last weekend I made a huge mistake and didn't insist on the sales guy converting the dinette so I could lay on it and test it. Because the back cushions are form fit into the back of the dinette and there is a decorative strip around the dinette, it looks like there may be an inch or two or three that lost in length from the wall-to-wall dimension. Does anyone know what the actual sleeping length is with the cushions removed? Thanks a bunch!
Hi and WELCOME to our merry band of campers!
I don't have the dimensions for you, but the fitted cushions generally come out. Not sure if this is different on the 2500, but on mine, it ends up being roomier than you think. You can always lay a bit diagonal... Depends on how tall you are. Two adults may be tight.
Good luck and keep us posted on your buying.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:02 AM   #3960

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejac55 View Post
Did you say high to my sister? she lives 5 miles from the lighthouse. I noticed your TV...same that i bought in 2016. Want to get a Winnie Plus so looks like my RAM ought to handle it. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Missed your sister but saw the lighthouse. We really like the RAM. You should have no trouble pulling the Minnie Plus. When will you be getting it?
Old 03-03-2018, 03:27 PM   #3961

Back in Oct. I posted about our new 2401rg and our highly successful initial driveway camping experience and the short but equally successful real camping adventure that occurred just a few days later. Then ... poof not another word till now. Well there were two more camping trips before we winterized and hunkered down to impatiently wait for spring. Unfortunately those trips were not as problem free as our first outing.

First follow-up trip - we discovered the newly adopted boxer has severe separation anxiety which affects his digestive track requiring frequent floor and crate cleanings. One of the support slats snapped under the bed in the pass through storage area. On closer inspection the slat had a big knot where it snapped so 1st item added to our “down time to-do-list”. There was also a
substantial water leak under the kitchen sink. Lots of towels for soaking up the mess, plumbers tape and tightening all the fittings seemed to rectify the situation. Checked under bathroom sink discovered a loose connection there as well so future problem avoided.

2nd trip - record breaking cold spell occurs while camping in Maryland in early Nov. Overnight temps were in the low teens with daytime hovering around 36 degrees. We were surprised how well our propane lasted during the 10 day trip. Started off with 1 tank around 1/2 full and 2nd tank full and ready to go. We needed to change over to the full tank on the 6th morning. We also noticed we had a problem with the thermostat. Despite being set for 65 degrees daytime/ 55 night on 4 occasions the furnace went into overdrive and the temps went to 90 degrees. We had to turn it off and reset to turn the furnace off. Discovered back flush has a valve stuck closed which resulted in another leak under the kitchen sink. Luckily I was standing in front of sink when the pipe popped and water spewed so water was turned off before it got too far. So not sure if this is repeat of previous camping trip leak or a new occurrence. We were both outside when the first leak occurred but definitely knew where the second leak occurred being right there. B.I.L. assisted Hal in his first winterizing process. Headed home for Thanksgiving, and Christmas with plans to contact dealer about plumbing and thermostat issues.

So the 1st opportunity to free the trailer from it’s ice & snow locked parking pad was the latter part of Feb. Called the dealership on a Tuesday and set up an appointment for drop off the following Monday while kiddingly adding unless it snows. Well Sunday morning woke up to 6 inches of snow. We did manage to get it to the dealer as scheduled. Never having dealt with rv repairs I’m not sure what is normal but I was surprised how quick we got an appointment, and more surprised when we got the call on Thur. saying ready for pick up. Back flush valve replaced and pressure tested, thermostat tested faulty & replaced, and the under bed slats were all replaced and reinforced. I’m really pleased with Fretz Rv in Souderton PA.

Now if spring could just hurry up and get here I want to go camping !

Bigbird65 .. Ken you asked ( back in Oct.) where we’re located. We live about a 1/2 a mile from the Delaware river in northwest NJ not far from the Water Gap.
Elander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #3962

Hal, that was a lot to deal with. Most of it should have been taken care of by Winnebago before it left their factory. Your dealer should have found the problems before you got it but it is good that he is taking care of the problems now. I guess it is cheaper for the customer to find the problems and let the dealer correct them. I guess the most common problem that I have heard of on new Minnies is leaks under the sink or lavatory.

You probably should be winding down on the problems so future trips should more uneventful. As I recall we had only 3 problems shortly after receiving our Minnie. The first was a memory foam mattress that wouldn't recover after sleeping on it. Dealer ordered new mattress. It worked. Had some holes in the wheel casting and it leaked air. New wheel from Lionshead. Bad propane detector. Dealer took care of these items. Really great to have a dealer take care of you. Hal don't stay gone so long.

Tags
winnebago