Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2018, 05:37 AM   #4019

The 1706fb shower is a little tight. We just got accustomed to no heater. We're going to try it this year. Airways used parks facilities. I had opened everything when blowing out water to winterize.

wecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #4020

Thanks, folks!! We are really looking forward to going out with it! I'll keep the group posted!

CarolinaCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:23 PM   #4021

Toilet upgrade

I wish to replace the toilet in our '17 2351DKS with a Dometic 320. I have learned that the bolt holes for the toilet must be a minimum of 11" from the wall. The toilet in our DKS sits at an angle, and the bolt holes are about 12" and 9" on the left and right sides. My guess is that the flange under the toilet is slotted so it may be rotated to give me the proper clearance. Can anyone verify the flange is adjustable? This is a project I am concerned about tackling myself, and I'd like to learn of what I am going to encounter before proceeding. TIA for any help.

[Cross-posted on Facebook Minnie Winnie page.]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	195358  
michaelstano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #4022

Take a look at the installation manual at the link below. I replaced the cheap plastic toilet in my 2106 with a 320. The hole pattern on the previous toilet and the 320 matched exactly. Where you had to be careful is the clearance around the upper bowl. Most of the additional space is to the rear of the toilet so measurement E from the manual was the critical factor. My toilet was not positioned at an angle like yours but I think you should just be able to partially turn the toilet to align with the existing bolt pattern. As long as there is room behind the toilet for the extended seat you should be good to go.

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...specifications
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #4023

Tighten flange bolts to 22 in lbs-Get an in/lb torque wrench at HF. Use a new Dometic gasket. Don't overtighten.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #4024

RE: Toilet upgrade

@ blueridge-fl and cruzbill:

Thanks for the information, and for the recommendation on the torque wrench.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:12 PM   #4025

Mike, when you get it installed, take some pictures and post them. If you can get one while in progress, that would be good also.

I want to change the toilet in the 26RBSS also. It is ceramic, but not elongated. The elongated toilet is so much more comfortable.

Good luck!!
CarolinaCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:01 PM   #4026

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCats View Post
Mike, when you get it installed, take some pictures and post them....
Will do! Still feeling trepidatious about the project, largely because of the off-angle of the bolts. I think I can get the toilet out without problem, and once I've seen the flange, I'll know whether I can tackle the replacement.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:05 AM   #4027

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstano View Post
Will do! Still feeling trepidatious about the project, largely because of the off-angle of the bolts. I think I can get the toilet out without problem, and once I've seen the flange, I'll know whether I can tackle the replacement.
Ha! I can't tell you how many times I measured and remeasured before I bought the upgraded toilet. Then when I installed it, it was one of the easiest things I have done to the trailer. Not sure the whole process took 30 minutes.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:45 AM   #4028

RE: Toilet upgrade

I got brave and removed the toilet--no problem whatsoever. In the attached photo, the painter's tape with the arrows indicates the existing position on the flange of the off-angle bolts that hold the toilet down and the front of the center off-toilet. The barely-visible lines on the floor are 11" from the back wall, what I believe is the clearance required. Clearly, the flange must be rotated to get the new toilet perpendicular to the wall. To those with better spatial reasoning skills than I: Do you see any way to move the position of the flange to get the bolts at 11" and use at least 4 of the existing screw holes? (I removed one screw; it is an ordinary wood screw--there may be a screw anchor in the floor.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1538.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	195426  
Old 03-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #4029

Is the flange glued to the tailpiece? Loosen all screws and see if you can rotate the flange, if yes, head on!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #4030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Is the flange glued to the tailpiece? Loosen all screws and see if you can rotate the flange, if yes, head on!
I took the screws out, and, while I can pull the flange up about 3/8", it won't fully come out. I tried unscrewing it to no avail. At the top of the pipe that goes down into the black tank, there seems to be a seam with a dribble of caulk showing. I read elsewhere that some flanges are glued or cemented in. If I can't get the flange out, I'm dead in the water.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #4031

I'm betting that the flange is glued to the down pipe with PVC glue. That's the way they do it in houses. In order to remove the flange, you will probably have to cut the pipe leading to the black tank and reattach with a PVC fitting and PVC glue. That is if you can even get to the pipe to cut it.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:47 AM   #4032

Hold the phone, Dometic makes an adapter flange to adapt a new toilet to an old flange. If you can find one of those adapters, you could see if it would work with your situation. I have no idea if it will work, but..........

Tags
winnebago