Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #4033

Adapter here.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #4034

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Adapter here.
Obviously, Dometic is way ahead of us. I knew this couldn't be the first time this issue has come up. With the right adapter, anything is possible.
Old 03-13-2018, 01:51 PM   #4035

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
Obviously, Dometic is way ahead of us. I knew this couldn't be the first time this issue has come up. With the right adapter, anything is possible.
Bob, this one may be a better fit. It looks like you need to buy the hardware kit for it. I have gone back and forth between these adapters and the flange shown on the floor and I don't see how you make the adapter turn and fit the holes on the original. Clue me in. I'm missing something somewhere.

I found this answer on the website for this adapter:

Some older RV toilet flanges don't have a 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock bolt arrangement that you need for the new Dometic toilets. On RVs where you can remove the old flange it's no big deal. On mine, however, the flange was cemented to the holding tank. This kit allowed me to adapt the old-style flange to the newer style required for the installation of a new toilet. The kit consists of a flange that goes atop the old flange, thus requiring the 1/4" tall riser/base you see in the picture. If not for the riser/base, the toilet would not sit on the floor - it would rest on the flange possibly causing damage to the old flange or holding tank. I found this kit to be perfect for my needs. see less
By J. Stoltz on October 3, 2014

I think you might have to put the new flange over the old flange and with it aligned properly drill new holes through the old flange to allow longer wood screws to anchor it down. Of course you will have to seal the new flange to the old flange with something like silicone glue. What do you think?
Old 03-13-2018, 02:51 PM   #4036

Sorry Mike, I must have missed something. You are planning to rotate the toilet to provide the proper wall clearance? Won't that cause a problem with lack of leg space?
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:12 AM   #4037

I just bought the 2018 Minni Plus 27bhss and have had it on two trips so far and this is my initial thoughts.

1. Did not properly winterize so we sprung leaks at both pressure ports, replace the PVC with copper and release the pressure before storage if still Cold. Easy to replace just unscrew 4 screws and you can pull the pressure valve in the pvc and replace with copper and add the pressure valve back. Spoke to dealer about winterizing and all they do is hook up air hose and less than 60 psi and pump air and flush all lines and your done. But if you are in extreme cold you would will want to add Anti Freeze but be sure to access water heater and turn in bypass.
2. Replace both shower head and pressure hose sprayer with good metal heads as both are plastic and break easy.
3. Starting the oven can be a challenge but once you have done it a couple of times its easy.
4. Replace mattress the one from factory will kill your back. We found a nice one at Nebraska Furniture Mart for $200.00 and it very nice considering the price.
5. Adding a TV to bedroom, send email to factory and they will send back diagrams on where to exactly add the mount. They replied back in less then a day a great sign for a company who has been doing this for 60 years. They do care and the name speaks for itself. Love this RV.
6. Know your drainage, under the stove you pull the big drawer out and you will see the mainline drainage, pull those when draining along with fresh water drain cap under the RV. Did not know about those but do now! LOL!

Other than that we love our Minnie plus and have had little things happen due to our newness of RV ownership. We pull it with a GMC Z71 4x4 with sway bars and it pulls great.

It does have support for multiple TV's, Solar and outside kitchen with fridge is nice as I use the mini fridge all the time.

Also if you get and setup don't use the anti sway arms as level jacks they are not that sturdy and are only from anti sway of the coach. Still trying to figure that out but it works. '

Love the Minnie Plus, can't say enough good things so far about it. Hope this helps.
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:01 AM   #4038

PVC pipe in a 2018 model? Sure it's not PEX?
przero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #4039

The water lines are PEX. The drain lines should be PVC.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:42 AM   #4040

Dbunn congratulations on the new Minnie Plus. Interesting commentary. Welcome to the thread.

Przero, welcome also.

Shortly we are headed out to Blanco State Park. This will be the first time that we will get to try out our inflatable Sea Eagle 9.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #4041

RE: Toilet upgrade

Thanks for the lead on an adaptor that might square up the off-angle toilet bolts. Below is a photo of an adaptor I found at Lowe's; unlike the adaptor from Dometic, it only adds about 1/16th of an inch height to the flange, and the price was $6, not $60. However, it appears to me that both the Lowe's and the Dometic flange would require drilling some new holes in either the adaptor or the trailer floor to properly secure the flange and adaptor to the floor. This makes the project more than I want to tackle. So, I am going to re-install the original toilet (but only after going back to Lowe's for a new screw and bolt to replace the parts I dropped down the deep and dark hole), and either live with it or have a repair shop do the fix.

I appreciate all the helpful advice and encouragement, and I regret I couldn't make the switch. Had the bolts been in the 3 and 9 o'clock positions, I could have installed a new toilet in under 20 minutes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	195594  
michaelstano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:24 PM   #4042

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbunn View Post
3. Starting the oven can be a challenge but once you have done it a couple of times its easy.
You want a challenge, wait until the DW has something in the oven and the propane bottle runs out. You go outside and open up the other propane bottle and switch to the new tank. That's the easy part. Now you get to relight the pilot light in a 400 degree oven. It makes for an exciting couple of minutes.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #4043

Quote:
You want a challenge, wait until the DW has something in the oven and the propane bottle runs out. You go outside and open up the other propane bottle and switch to the new tank. That's the easy part. Now you get to relight the pilot light in a 400 degree oven. It makes for an exciting couple of minutes.
I'll bet it does Bob. That might be a good reason to have some of those long fireplace matches along.

I have always left both tanks turned on with the hopes that the automatic switch over would work. Have you ever had a chance to see if it works? Or anyone else?

I have often wished I could find a retrofit kit for an oven lighter but haven't been able to locate one.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #4044

I only turn on one tank at a time. That way I know when that tank is empty. Otherwise, I would forget to check and have both tanks empty. The long fireplace matches are now on the Amazon list to buy.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:58 AM   #4045

Quote:
I only turn on one tank at a time. That way I know when that tank is empty. Otherwise, I would forget to check and have both tanks empty. The long fireplace matches are now on the Amazon list to buy.
We always keep a couple of long handle butane lighters in the trailer. I think they are easier to use than the matches.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:29 AM   #4046

Quote:
Before every trip I weigh each tank on the bathroom scales and subtract the tare weight. That way I know the propane weight and I log this. So far no problem keeping both valves open.

Tags
winnebago