Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #4621

Hey Ken since you have owned both white and gray color Wwinnebagos which skin do your like best ? I was not crazy about my red 2106 , I really like the white but most dealers do not stock them..Looking at window stickers on line you will see white is a no charge cost but all other colors are $800.00 up charges.
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #4622

Hi Monty, long time no hear. Glad you are looking at Minnies again. The white was fine and cool but we really like the Platinum (sounds more classy than gray). There was a long thread on the Facebook Minnie group about what colors were bought the most. Platinum won out by quite a large margin. You might take a look at the 2250DS. We have had ours for a year and love it. We had no use for the outside kitchen or bunk beds. There is a lot of storage in it. The quality is also excellent.

Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:07 PM   #4623

Not for sure Ken but I think 2019 was the last year for the 2250 / 2200 / 2201 .. They came out with a Murphy bed 22 something to replace a few. How do you like your dinette ? Comfortable ? I’ve had red and platinum so unless there is a great deal somewhere on a non white i’ll Stick with it .
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
Old 04-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #4624

We like the dinette just fine. When we make that area down into a bed for a guest we have a memory foam topper for it. Would not be comfortable without the topper.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:35 AM   #4625

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Not for sure Ken but I think 2019 was the last year for the 2250 / 2200 / 2201 .. They came out with a Murphy bed 22 something to replace a few. How do you like your dinette ? Comfortable ? I’ve had red and platinum so unless there is a great deal somewhere on a non white i’ll Stick with it .
I mentioned earlier in the thread, the foam on our dinette benches would compress to the plywood within about 30 seconds of sitting down. We replaced it with some quality firm foam and the dinette bench is now quite comfortable to sit at. Best upgrade, and one of the cheapest, we have done yet.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:34 AM   #4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
I mentioned earlier in the thread, the foam on our dinette benches would compress to the plywood within about 30 seconds of sitting down. We replaced it with some quality firm foam and the dinette bench is now quite comfortable to sit at. Best upgrade, and one of the cheapest, we have done yet.
We took our new 2455bhs out for a 4 day shakedown last week and agree about the foam on the dinette. Will be doing the same thing after this season is over. Queen mattress is so-so as well. We put a 3" foam topper on and it helps but still not up to the comfort level that my old back needs.

Very pleased with the trailer though. Everything works as it should and it rained cats and dogs one day with not a drop inside. That was a relief. I know it can be luck of the draw sometimes with a new rig but our must have been built on a good day. Great purchase and it will be getting a lot of use this year. We'll see how it holds up over time.
BobChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #4627

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
Hi Bross, I was just out in the Minnie and sat down at the dinette table for a few minutes. I did not find the cushions uncomfortable, quite the contrary. They are very firm which makes them comfortable for sitting but uncomfortable for sleeping. That is why I have the memory foam topper for sleeping. Sounds like ours are different from the ones you got. Good to hear from you.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:48 PM   #4628

Two things I do not like about the 2401rg are the bathroom set up and that jack knife sofa.. It is the exact unit Winnebago replaced in my 2200ss because of going flat ( never sat on the new one before selling ) being on a raised slide makes a better replacement impossible. The two bath room doors are still goofy, open one and you can not get into the linen closet , open the hall and bedroom entrance doors at the same time you can’t move plus they must be closed to use the sink. A nice floding accordion type going from bedroom would help. This is driving me nuts again maybe I should look at other brands.. I like the Imagine 2250rks however while on the road every owner I talked to said they bought junk.. Before Winnebago purchased GD the quality was decent.. Now the former owners are working for a pay check that they probably do not need , their quality control does not exist now..
Old 04-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #4629

The most active website for Minnies is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/425391114324531/ You have to ask to join before you can post but it is really a worthwhile site with thousands of Minnie owners. Lots of information there.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:15 AM   #4630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
The most active website for Minnies is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/425391114324531/ You have to ask to join before you can post but it is really a worthwhile site with thousands of Minnie owners. Lots of information there.
I remember you mentioning the FB group..Checking it out !
Old 04-24-2019, 10:03 PM   #4631

Going to pull the triger tomorrow .. Ordering a 2401rg... I drove to Mesa Arizona to look at a left over 2019 that was equipped with the 2020 outside grafics and the new interior wood tones etc..2 Words describe.. Beautiful & Comfortable... Their so called dealer cost quote was 2,900 bucks more than 2020 will cost me in Ohio (RVW) So another 2,000 mile trip is in my near future .The jack knife sofa looks the same as my 2200ss but now has memory foam inserts and sits real nice.. Next is ordering a new tow vehicle, hopefully I can duplicate my last Ram..
Old 04-25-2019, 06:01 AM   #4632

Hello 3 Card Mmont! If you remember, we met near Ft. Myers back when we had our 2201DS. Congratulations on getting another rig and I'm glad to see you're still on the road and enjoying! We have a Newmar Bay Star MH now, but I still drop by here to see what's going on. We'll be back in Fl (LaBelle) next February...so if you see a brown Bay Star towing a white Chevy Malibu...it may be us.

I will say that I see quite a few more Minnies on the roads these days. We had a neighbor in LaBelle that had a nice one, and they were happy with their rig.

Good luck with the new rig!
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:14 AM   #4633

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Going to pull the triger tomorrow .. Ordering a 2401rg... I drove to Mesa Arizona to look at a left over 2019 that was equipped with the 2020 outside grafics and the new interior wood tones etc..2 Words describe.. Beautiful & Comfortable... Their so called dealer cost quote was 2,900 bucks more than 2020 will cost me in Ohio (RVW) So another 2,000 mile trip is in my near future .The jack knife sofa looks the same as my 2200ss but now has memory foam inserts and sits real nice.. Next is ordering a new tow vehicle, hopefully I can duplicate my last Ram..
Hey Monte, I've read all your posts about your last Winnie and all the troubles. It made me very cautious with our 2455bhs and I inspected every square inch before signing in March. It was built in Dec of 2018 so it's a late model 2019. Every single thing works fine in the trailer, not a single leak with the slide in or out (rained cats and dogs several times), and we're thrilled with the purchase. Very well put together. The only issue was the toilet water intake fitting dripped a little and a little tightening fixed it right up. For all we know it loosened while rambling down the road and not out of the factory. Other than that it's been perfect. I really hope your new one is the same. These are some nice trailers for the money. Dollar for dollar one of the best on the market imho. Good luck to you!
BobChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:21 PM   #4634

Monte,

I have the bunkhouse but I have had several issues you need to check.
1. The pull down shades, they where are mounted with wood screws into sheet rock. That will fail and fall. Check see how they are mounted.
2. Connector box for shore power. That box unless changed has no insulation and will be a problem in winter. I have had leaks fixed at connector 2 times and I use winter and winterized. That box should be taken out and insulation board added and wrap all hoses and connections.
3. Power outlets will pull from wall as it is just put in and not anchored, may have fixed but bad workmanship. Especially the kitchen outlet.
4. Thermostat - very sensitive, had to replace already after one year.
5. Have had issues with electric side of water heater. Failed already after 1 year.

Love my BSS but a lot of corners cut but not enough not to buy another one. Get the extended warranty, has not cut out all costs but saved me money and paid for itself.

Good luck.
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago