Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
I take the tv off the bracket and lay it on the bed.
Not sure how yours is laid out, but mine came with a strap like this:

Thanks;
but since even my rep @Fretz did not even know how upon trailer pick-up;

can you please advise how the TV does get taken off its mount on our Minnie trailer ?
BobbyD16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2014, 05:37 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD16 View Post
can you please advise how the TV does get taken off its mount on our Minnie trailer ?
Not all of these are the same, so not sure how yours is set up but:

First, unplug the power and cables.
Next, understand that the TV basically hangs on a bracket, so it needs to come up-and-off. There is a safety strap with a phillips head in the wall behind the lower edge of my tv that prevents it from going up (in case of a big bump). So take that screw out and lift the tv up and off.

Mine has a tv mount outside, too. The process is the same without the safety strap.

It's a bit difficult to line it up and put it back on the bracket the first time, but once you get a feel for it, it's a snap.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #45

Argggggg--need your help! First time de-winterizing the camper (have never had a hot water heater before ) and we can't get the water heater to work. The water will start to get warm and then a second later go back to cold. Any ideas what we should do??

Thanks
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 AM   #46

Make sure the heater is not by-passed. Make sure the fuse is "on".
Go outside and open the pressue relife valve to make sure you purge the air and the water is acually flowing. Switch from electric to propane and see if that works. It does take 20 minutes or so for it to get all 6 gallons hot.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #47

Thanks TDI! DH doesn't remember doing anything with pressure release valve--will try that!
Old 05-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #48

Vickie,
Any luck?
Old 05-04-2014, 09:05 AM   #49

We found another lever we needed to move---so we have hot water now----BUT last year it was really really hot and now it's "ok". Starts off pretty hot, but doesn't stay that way long. Not sure how I can take a shower in luke warm water!!!!

Any thoughts? We are going to switch from electric to gas next time to,see if that makes a difference.

Thanks, V
Old 05-05-2014, 02:42 AM   #50

I'm not sure but are you waiting long enough after you turn on the heater, around 20 minutes? (Also note you can turn on both gas AND electric for a faster warm up)
Rogonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #51

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryB48 View Post
We bought a bright yellow 1805 Minnie last spring. Because of a series of family crises this summer, we got one weekend in May or so, and a week from Victoria BC to Grande Prairie via Prince George and return (rather than the Yukon trip we had planned).

We like our " Buttercup". I made several modifications that others might be interested in.
1. Switched out all of the incandescent lamps to LEDs. I found 24 on the web for $27. Now we can have ALL of the lights on, and still draw less than one incandescent lamp. We can dry camp for 3 days on our two 6 volt batteries before we need to charge - which we do when we drive 300 km or so. I also installed 21 LED spots on the wall above the bed for reading at night.
2. I built one deep drawer and two shallow drawers under the dinette seats, for food, canned goods and cups/dishes. Very much better than lifting up the seats every time you want to access those spaces!
3. I had several old hard disks in my junk drawer, so I took the ceramic magnets out of them, mounted them on a plastic sheet on the wall near the sink and we keep knives and kitchen tools there rather than in the drawer. Handy.
4. I also built a bookshelf between the fridge and front storage locker, to store our books and reference library.

Our Toyota Tacoma pulls it fine on flat ground, but has to work on hills. If I keep the revs below 3000 I have to slow down, sometimes to 50 or 60 kph. We did get up the long long Coquihalla 18% grades, but I am glad there were slow lanes! I do not like narrow two lane highways with no passing lanes. There are too many impatient idiots on the roads.

We will probably get solar for next summer' and remove the TV and air conditioner (to save weight) since we plan to go north not south. We will also be much more careful about how much weight we carry. The Tacoma really sucked gas pulling the trailer, and with a load in the truck it was even worse.

Thanks Gary,

Just some questions on the following, we too need to install reading lights (definitely 1 Winnie overlook) ... ;
"I also installed 21 LED spots on the wall above the bed for reading at night."

- where did you tap into electric to hook-up these reading lights?
- can you share the reading light you installed; perhaps with photo and "amazon" reference for buying?

? any updates on the solar install yet?

Thanks for your info...
Old 05-05-2014, 05:01 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Thanks! Sorry to hear you're down for the winter already. I'm hoping to do only light winterization between uses (blow out the water lines with air) and put a little antifreeze down the drains. Here in Atlanta we'll only be limited mid December through mid February.
Hope you can live (camp) vicariously through your friends online.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find myself taking lots of pictures of our Minnie every time we're out.
Hi TDI,

in reviewing your photo here; and since we are doing set-up for long-time travels, a few questions please; it looks like you installed bumper mounts on the TT rear;

- winnebago told me not to do any bumper mounts, how do you like it with all of these and did you beef up the the bumper for these installs?
- which bike rack did you use, it looks like a receiver channel bumper mount, do you get any bike whip action back there too?
- which grill and / or grill rack did you install?

Thanks in advance for your info,
Bobby D
Old 05-05-2014, 05:30 AM   #53

Quote:
Hi TDI,

in reviewing your photo here; and since we are doing set-up for long-time travels, a few questions please; it looks like you installed bumper mounts on the TT rear;

- winnebago told me not to do any bumper mounts, how do you like it with all of these and did you beef up the the bumper for these installs?
- which bike rack did you use, it looks like a receiver channel bumper mount, do you get any bike whip action back there too?
- which grill and / or grill rack did you install?

Thanks in advance for your info,
Bobby D
The grill is made by Aussie. Got it from the dealer. It has a gas hose that plugs right in to the camper as mine has the gas line routed back there for the camp kitchen. Not sure if they all do.

The bike rack is in a standard hitch receiver bumper mount from Reece. I've had 2-3 bikes on it with no problem. I do inspect the welds regularly for cracks and would weld on additional support structure, as needed.
I also loop a long tie-down strap from the frame rails over the top on the rack to eliminate the bikes from bouncing. This is important because the thing you need to avoid is the torsional loading (twist) of the bumper. If the weight is vertical, it's not bad, but if it twists the bumper backward, you can see how people have issues.
The thing to remember is that anything rear of the axles reduces tongue weight, so if 2 bikes + the rack weigh 100lbs, you just took that off the hitch ball.
I have hauled the bikes like this 20-30 times, but mostly shorter trips with smooth roads.
Longer trips we take the Ram 2500 and they go in the bed.
It's hard to see in this pic (click on the pic to enlarge), but I actually get 4 bikes securely in the bed without and rubbing or damage with the use of two, cheap bike racks from Home Depot. They just sit in the bed when traveling, and then at camp everyone has a place to put their bike.

$30 at Home Depot online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring Break Savannah 2014 008.jpg
Views:	589
Size:	668.5 KB
ID:	62125  
Old 05-05-2014, 06:05 AM   #54

Quote:
which grill and / or grill rack did you install?
Here's a picture of the Aussie grill. Works great. The grill detaches and has a semi-padded travel bag. We actually put it in the pass-through or in the shower where it is secure and out of the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Acworth-Kennesaw-20130815-00061.jpg
Views:	2468
Size:	353.5 KB
ID:	62129  
Old 05-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #55

Did you get the Minnie...we have a 2201DS and just love it! Just took it on our first long trip and everything worked great.
Bamabago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:29 PM   #56

We just got back from Austin, first road trip with our 2201DS. Loved it and had a ball.
we both ride Harleys and are thinking of towing a small trailer behind the Minnie.
Talked to Reese and they had nothing. Anyone else tried this?
Attached Images

bbird76020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago