Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2016, 04:49 PM   #1345

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmtnbkr2 View Post
Generator showed way earlier than quoted! Hail Costco! Not quiet as I expected, but hard to say in the driveway....will see come camping time!
My 3100 seemed to quiet down after 20 hours of run time. After 50 hours I adjisted the valves and it was noticeably quieter. The valve adjustment from the factory was on the loose side
Cminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #1346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampmtnbkr2 View Post
TDI-Minnie....isn't the grill a bit close to the trailer with a bumper mount? I'd be afraid of melting the taillight and/or the back of the trailer......
Not at all. It swivels more than 180 degrees and even all the way flush to the back, it's still 18"+ away.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:08 AM   #1347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
Thanks Cminnie. There are some great National Forest campgrounds on trout streams in North Georgia. If we stayed more than a couple of days, we would need a generator and I might as well get one that will run the A/C unit if needed.
Badlands Bob,
At a stop at the local Camping World this weekend I caught a glimpse of the new Champion 3500 watt (3200W continuous) inverter generator. Camping World has it on their website for $1200. From the specs. It appears to be only 10lbs heavier. It might give you a bit more margin for your 15k a/c.

Happy Camping
Cminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 04:19 PM   #1348

Thanks Cminnie. I'll swing by Camping World soon and check it out. I really don't want to buy a generator(s) that won't pull the A/C unit. I really like the Honda 2000s but $2,200+ is a lot of money for a pair. Unfortunately, my disposable money this month is going for a new garage door. Gotta keep the wife happy.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:26 PM   #1349

Finally going camping in 2016

I have been waiting since last fall to go camping. Ran all the pink stuff out, checked everything I could think of and heading out tomorrow late afternoon thru Sunday. Short trip just 20 miles away and going with family and fishing is pretty good right now. I added a 12V tongue jack to help with the equalizer hitch hookup and our weather is above normal here in north Montana so expecting a lot of relaxing and just plain family fun.

We could only go 2 times with the new Minnie (named Big Red) last fall so not even broke in yet.

Wahoo, Karen
MT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:26 PM   #1350

BIGBIRD65............If you are going to be in the Estes Park , CO area , you might thing about the ( I believe ) first weekend in Oct . The Elk Fest , a weekend bash held yearly celebrating the elk that come through town and occupy the golf course during the annual rut . You can get up close but not too personal with wild elk . Have a cool adult recreational beverage , enjoy some BBQ and have a good time .
Happy trails , Don
frypanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #1351

Hi everyone,

I just picked up our first RV and plan to go on our first camping trip for Memorial Day weekend

WM2451BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #1352

That's a beautiful rig. I know you'll enjoy it. Have fun on your first outing.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:29 AM   #1353

Don, watching the elks run through town has to be a real hoot. Very unusual scene. I'll try to make it sometime.

That is a beautiful new orange Minnie and not so "Minnie" at that. Very nice size. Congratulations and welcome to the thread.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 05:22 AM   #1354

Thanks!

I went out looking for RVs and the first one I saw was a Minnie. After visiting 4 other RV dealers and looking at many different brands and models I ended back where I started and went for the Winnebago. Nothing else I saw looked quite as good or had all the features I was looking for.

I wanted bunks, a slide out, full length queen bed, full bath and all under 5000 lbs. I assume we will add another 1000 lbs in weight to the trailer and another 500 lbs in people/dog to the truck.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:36 AM   #1355

One question I have: The campgrounds we are visiting on Memorial Day weekend did not have a spot with sewer. Will I have to dump grey water tank (41 gal) halfway through our stay? What do you guys do? Just hook up the trailer and stop by the dump station?

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 05-11-2016, 06:18 AM   #1356

Your other options are to purchase a "blue tote" which can be towed behind your tow vehicle. Due to the weight, I prefer one that is 25 gallons or less. Another option, which works well if you are near a dump sink or toilet is to use a couple of buckets. I always carry my blue tote in my truck bed so it's available when needed. And with great care, I've used it for the black tank also.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:43 AM   #1357

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM2451BHS View Post
One question I have: The campgrounds we are visiting on Memorial Day weekend did not have a spot with sewer. Will I have to dump grey water tank (41 gal) halfway through our stay? What do you guys do? Just hook up the trailer and stop by the dump station?

Thanks in advance for your help
How many people? My wife and I can get by with a 25 gal grey water tank for 3 days.

Mike
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #1358

We also have a 41 gallon gray water tank. The wife and I can go 5 days between dumping. Navy showers and moderate conservation of water use. I also have a new 32 gallon tote but I just got it last week and haven't had a chance to use it yet. It should easily extend our staying ability to a week or longer. If you can use a bathhouse for showers, you could stay a loooooong time.

Tags
winnebago