Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2017, 12:31 PM   #2871

Bedroom TV Mount Location?

Hi all,
We just picked up our 2017 27BHSS and would like to mount a 19" LCD TV in the bedroom where the 110V outlet and cable hookup are located. However, I'm not sure if there's any backer behind the either of the closest walls, as there's nothing marked (unlike outside.)
Has anyone mounted a TV in the bedroom of this particular model? How did you do it?
Thanks for any information you can provide!
Gina.
zeerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #2872

Gina, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Congratulations on your new 27BHSS. Lots of fun to come.

I think I would use one of the electronic stud finders that you can find in stores like Home Depot and Lowes to locate the backer board. I'm sure there is one since the AC outlet and cable is already there. I'm sure they just failed to mark it.

Ken
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #2873

RE: Interpretation of weight ticket [message 2858]

I was away from the forum for awhile, and I missed some of the very helpful replies to my question about weight tickets. Thank you to everyone who helped educate me; I learned a lot, and you have made my travels safer.
michaelstano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Gina, let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. Congratulations on your new 27BHSS. Lots of fun to come.

I think I would use one of the electronic stud finders that you can find in stores like Home Depot and Lowes to locate the backer board. I'm sure there is one since the AC outlet and cable is already there. I'm sure they just failed to mark it.

Ken
Thanks for the welcome and the info. We've already got our first trip planned and are looking forward to the increase in space this model has over our old Class C.
I did some more finger tapping and discovered that the interior wall closest to the exterior wall may be the best bet. I'll have a go with a stud finder and see if it says any different (though to be honest, I haven't had much luck with them in the past!)
Old 06-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #2875

Hi Zeerider!! We have a 2017 Ultralight 27BHSS (now known as Minnie Plus). I had the same question about the television. Our dealer didn't know, so they called factory, who also weren't much help. They sent me a schematic of the wall in hopes I could figure it out---I couldn't.

On the up side--I LOVE our trailer and we'll be living in it for 3 or 4 months in Texas during the winter. So we are making some changes to help it fit our lifestyle. We removed the U-shaped dinette. So happy!!! I wish I could post pictures, but everytime I get it all set up and attachments made, it won't let me out of,that page to post. Don't have this problem on any other site. ��

Anyway, this week my hubby broke down and let me order the Port a Deck system, which will give me a 36 x 48 inch deck outside the door and steps. Pricey, yes. Worth it to me,yes!

Now I'm on a forum called RV Exterior/Interior Ideas getting all kinds of great ideas for decorating and remodeling (yes, I may be changing the bunk area!)

Have fun--I'll keep trying to post the d#*n pictures .
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #2876

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Hi Zeerider!! We have a 2017 Ultralight 27BHSS (now known as Minnie Plus). I had the same question about the television. Our dealer didn't know, so they called factory, who also weren't much help. They sent me a schematic of the wall in hopes I could figure it out---I couldn't.

On the up side--I LOVE our trailer and we'll be living in it for 3 or 4 months in Texas during the winter. So we are making some changes to help it fit our lifestyle. We removed the U-shaped dinette. So happy!!! I wish I could post pictures, but everytime I get it all set up and attachments made, it won't let me out of,that page to post. Don't have this problem on any other site. ��

Anyway, this week my hubby broke down and let me order the Port a Deck system, which will give me a 36 x 48 inch deck outside the door and steps. Pricey, yes. Worth it to me,yes!

Now I'm on a forum called RV Exterior/Interior Ideas getting all kinds of great ideas for decorating and remodeling (yes, I may be changing the bunk area!)

Have fun--I'll keep trying to post the d#*n pictures .
Ooh, a schematic of the walls would be great. I think the only difference between our model and yours is the fiberglass front and cosmetic changes on the interior. It's very likely that the walls would be the same. How did you reach out to Winnebago? If you can't figure out how to post it, maybe I can contact them directly.
A deck sounds interesting. I'm not making too many mods on our unit. I definitely would like to upgrade the bedroom vent to a Fantastic fan and install covers on both it and the bathroom fan. I think that's about it though. I need to spend $$ on our tow vehicle, so have to prioritize that first!
Old 06-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #2877

Zee--sent you a PM
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:26 PM   #2878

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Checking in here as well... New 2017 2401RG owners (Jay & Sheri) from VA. Towing with a 2016 Suburban and currently on our shakedown trip at Occoneechee State Park - loving life!

Just want to say thank you and that I've learned a lot from reading all the posts. I'm looking forward to learning more and possibly contributing in the future. Semper Fi!
jaysheridoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #2879

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL2014 View Post
We purchased our Parklane Mattresses, The Explorer on Amazon. It is indeed firm, and replaced a Denver Mattress that barely made it 30 nights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Another option you can think about is forgetting the rv queen and switching to a full, same length and the width is not all that noticeable..I did the change with my 2106fbs ... In my opinion rv queens are goofy.. I have a full queen in my current Winnebago, shopping for a nice replacement was a breeze..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #2880

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Not yet Ken, there are a few things that Winnebago has not fixed.. When it is right I wil list it..I'm getting close to signing the papers on the motor home.. So where are you and Joyce off to next ????
Ken, I fnally have all troubles fixed, winnebago spent over 12 grand , most repairs were done by professional contractors and Buddy Gregg in Knoxville..Replaced the Mattress and now I can't sleep on it since it is for sale.. If ya know someone LQQKING for a perfect camper that is only 4 months old send them my way..When are you going to Florida ( and where )?? I am near Ft Meyers now, Will be in Cincinnati next month where I hope to order a motor home..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #2881

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Monty, all I can say is that I feel for you. I've read through your troubles and hope that Lady Luck can start throwing you some bones my friend. We leave Thursday 6/29. A little nervous about the 12 hour pull, but the trip we're on now has helped ease the anxiety.
jaysheridoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:18 AM   #2882

Well Monty I think you have just advertised your trailer here. It should be a good buy for someone.
Today is our last day in Lake Placid FL, not very far from Ft. Myers (correct spelling). We have been here for 2 weeks visiting my sister-in-law. Didn't bring the Minnie with us. Last Monday we spent a wonderful day at the most beautiful beach in the USA. It is called Siesta Beach in Sarasota FL. Joyce got to fly her kite.

Jay, welcome to the thread and congratulations on the new 2401RG.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:34 AM   #2883

Ken, great pictures. We went as far as the Florida panhandle last winter. I think we'll venture a little further south next winter. Until then, I think higher elevations and cooler temperatures are the deciding factor. Have a great trip.

Bob
Old 06-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #2884

Thanks Bob, we love the beaches and the mountains. Back in May we really enjoyed camping on Myrtle Beach SC. Very beautiful but not quite as nice as Siesta Beach. If I can talk Joyce into it we will head back to the mountains this fall.

Tags
winnebago