Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 10:21 PM   #4649

Smile Tongue Jack cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Just received and installed my Clever Cover from Amazon for the LCI tongue jack. It is indeed clever and well made.

Bigbird65, a simple question, is this cover really needed?

I tought the Tongue Jack was already weather proof.

Is this only for added protection?

Thanks
JPLAPUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2019, 06:30 AM   #4650

Welcome! Yes, this is added protection against water. The jack is supposed to be water proof but I have read a few times about water getting in and doing damage.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 01:35 PM   #4651

Hey guys ,I am in Rockford IL ...Tomorrow I will be at the local Winnebago dealership to look at / purchase this 2401rg... https://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Minnie...27148-UX116234.. ...So if any owners of this model have anything discouraging to vent or positive reports please do ASAP..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #4652

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
Welcome! Yes, this is added protection against water. The jack is supposed to be water proof but I have read a few times about water getting in and doing damage.
Thanks for the infos!

Like we say in french "mieux vaut prévenir que guérir!"
Wich mean " better be safe than sorry!"

JPLAPUCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:08 PM   #4653

An update on how I ended up here in Rockford IL from AZ...RVW , the dealer in north Ohio did not want to order nor do any business with me after all the trouble I had with my 2200ss.. They said Winnebago refused to reimburse them for the work they authorized other dealers to do also the mobile service tec they sent to do most of the work.. They claim to have lost thousands because the dealer and service guy did not send back defective parts... They even accused me of scamming .. I drove to Laurie MO , The crazy sales manager told me the list price was firm however if I wanted to make a counter offer he would need a $2,000 NON Refundable deposit to take to the owner.. I went back to the internet , found another and drove an additional 500 miles.. When I called this dealer we agreed on a price, never asked for a deposit etc .. So here I am ..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
Old 05-27-2019, 09:25 PM   #4654

Rvw is a joke I was the idiot that paid it last year and they were supposed to
Deliver it to Pennsylvania. Well I took the day off of work
And they never showed up I called them and
Made a bunch of excuses but in the end they refunded me I do not
Know how they have a business also the owner was super rude and arrogant and a liar!!!
winnebagosmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:05 AM   #4655

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnebagosmh View Post
Rvw is a joke I was the idiot that paid it last year and they were supposed to
Deliver it to Pennsylvania. Well I took the day off of work
And they never showed up I called them and
Made a bunch of excuses but in the end they refunded me I do not
Know how they have a business also the owner was super rude and arrogant and a liar!!!
They do exist however I am convinced the business is a dumping ground for units that did not pass QC.. I did save a ton on my 2200$$ but ended up with a dangerous POS.. It was probably a good thing for you if you got your $$$ back... Plenty of folks on this site report positive remarks about the dealer who sold them !
Old 05-28-2019, 05:31 AM   #4656

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Hey guys ,I am in Rockford IL ...Tomorrow I will be at the local Winnebago dealership to look at / purchase this 2401rg... https://www.rvt.com/Winnebago-Minnie...27148-UX116234.. ...So if any owners of this model have anything discouraging to vent or positive reports please do ASAP..
I think you should keep driving to MD and buy our 2017 2401RG for $18000 OBO. Sofa was replaced with a double electric recliner sofa. Also replaced the refrigerator with a 10.1 cu ft residential model and the gas range/oven with a convection/microwave (has more counter, refrigerator and storage space).
https://easternshore.craigslist.org/rvs/6872439532.html

We bought a stationary 5th wheel in FL as a 2nd home.

Tips if you buy somewhere else:
Replace the plastic air gap/check valve on the black tank flush under the kitchen sink
Replace or beef up the metal strap holding the drain pipe near the exit x it will break
A hard wired EMS fits nicely behind the power center...remote in cabinet with tank monitor
Carefree makes a really nice awning sensor that closes it when wind is detected (works great, sensitivity is adjustable, also includes awning light dimmer)
Not sure what steps come with a new one - the Morryde replacement is great!
Have fun! You’ll love the 2401
Old 05-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #4657

Congratulations on the 2401RG Monty. I'm a little surprised that you are buying another Minnie after the troubles you had with the 2200SS. We now have 8,700 miles on our 2250DS with one exception which I will relate in another story has been trouble free.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #4658

Since some of you don't hang out on Facebook Minnie website like I do I wanted to relate my story here also.

I DODGED A Bullet! We had a great round trip from Arlington TX to Marathon in the Florida Keys with this one exception. While on the way home I got a frantic call from my sister-n-law (she was following about 200 yards back in her car) that we had lost a tire. I quickly pulled off the road to see what the situation was. The spare tire and mount was gone. She said that it flew off to the right of the highway down into a ravine and into some high weeds. I walked back down the edge of the highway about a half mile looking for the spare/mount. All I found was the Winnebago cover.
I think there were two contributing factors. Extremely rough Interstate Highway and rust. From the photos you can see the extensive rusting that was invisible on the outside. I don't know what protective measures that I could have done for this situation. I inspected the bumper welds on both sides and they still look perfect. Of the many threads that I have read on this website and others I can't recall this ever happening. Have you heard of a similar incident? Other than this the 2250DS was perfect for 3,200 miles.

If you look at the vertical parallel rust lines, it looks to me that the top 2/3s of those lines are rusty. Meaning that a crack developed some time back. The last 1/3 of the lines are bright shiny metal. My suggestion is that everyone reading this go out and inspect the welds and square post with a bright light.

GOOD NEWS, Winnebago has agreed to ship me all the parts requested under warranty. Hollie said it should be 2 - 3 weeks.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:03 PM   #4659

Damn Ken that incident sounds like some of the unbelievable stuff that used to happen to me. The roads in Texas especially around Houston will rip ya a new one.. I haven’t got the 2401rg yet.. I am here in Rockford IL , met the dealer ( a ma and pa owners who have been selling Winnebagos for 52 years ).. I walked through the unit..layout is ok but everything is cheapened up..The facial around and on top of the slide is now mds foam, the cabinet doors are paper thin etc etc.. I am sure you can remember the solid wood cabinet doors on your previous unit, your 2250 has inserts like my old 2200, well the 2020 got cheaper.. The bathroom and bed room door frames are flimsy and shake .. I was able to pull on all the doors to open without turning the knob.. On my 2016 micro mini I could have done chin ups on the frame..I had to step back to think !
Old 05-28-2019, 02:18 PM   #4660

Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post
I think you should keep driving to MD and buy our 2017 2401RG for $18000 OBO. Sofa was replaced with a double electric recliner sofa. Also replaced the refrigerator with a 10.1 cu ft residential model and the gas range/oven with a convection/microwave (has more counter, refrigerator and storage space).

Replace the plastic air gap/check valve on the black tank flush under the kitchen sink
Replace or beef up the metal strap holding the drain pipe near the exit x it will break
A hard wired EMS fits nicely behind the power center...remote in cabinet with tank monitor
Carefree makes a really nice awning sensor that closes it when wind is detected (works great, sensitivity is adjustable, also includes awning light dimmer)
I was just looking at your 2401, a lot has changed.. On yours the dinette is on a slide, on the 2020 the sofa.is on a raised slide, you can not replace the sofa now.. As I said before , the older units are much better..See changes on this video...Editing.. It appears you switched your sofa to the dinette side an built a new eating place where the sofa was placed by the factory..Maybe I am confused.[url]
Old 05-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #4661

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Damn Ken that incident sounds like some of the unbelievable stuff that used to happen to me. The roads in Texas especially around Houston will rip ya a new one.. I haven’t got the 2401rg yet.. I am here in Rockford IL , met the dealer ( a ma and pa owners who have been selling Winnebagos for 52 years ).. I walked through the unit..layout is ok but everything is cheapened up..The facial around and on top of the slide is now mds foam, the cabinet doors are paper thin etc etc.. I am sure you can remember the solid wood cabinet doors on your previous unit, your 2250 has inserts like my old 2200, well the 2020 got cheaper.. The bathroom and bed room door frames are flimsy and shake .. I was able to pull on all the doors to open without turning the knob.. On my 2016 micro mini I could have done chin ups on the frame..I had to step back to think !
I have never heard of anyone loosing a spare and mount like I did. I was very lucky that it didn't hit anyone. If my Sister-N-Law had not been following I would have never known what happened.

It is obvious to me that you need to stay away from the Minnies that you have been looking at. You might look at one of the new 5th wheels or that fancy Winnebago Spyder.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:30 PM   #4662

Quote:
Originally Posted by neschultz View Post

Good TIPS. I have the first 3 but my wind sensors name is Joyce and I don't worry about the awning.

Tags
winnebago