Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2019, 10:44 AM   #4705

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfyffe View Post
When we are plugged into shore power, the batteries are not charging. Our lights are all very dim. When I hook up my tow vehicle, the lights are strong. When I run the town vehicle it seems to charge and when I unhook the tow vehicle after about an hour, the lights go dim again while the shore power is still working.
From your description I agree that the converter is not supplying power to the 12 volt system. Have you checked to see that 115vac is being supplied from the 15 amp breaker to the converter? My converter feels warm to the touch. Our Minnie is in the back yard and powered 24/7. The breaker on our 2250DS is labeled General.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #4706

Quote:
When we are plugged into shore power, the batteries are not charging. Our lights are all very dim. When I hook up my tow vehicle, the lights are strong. When I run the town vehicle it seems to charge and when I unhook the tow vehicle after about an hour, the lights go dim again while the shore power is still working.
I finally got the new Converter installed and so far, it sems to be working well. My batteries immediatrely went from 11.6 volts to 13.1 volts. So this controller is charging them and fast. Thanks for the help everyone.
dfyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #4707

Quote:
I finally got the new Converter installed and so far, it sems to be working well. My batteries immediatrely went from 11.6 volts to 13.1 volts. So this controller is charging them and fast. Thanks for the help everyone.
Congratulations! Sure glad you got it working.
Old 07-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #4708

Glad you got it working. Just one of the many joys of owning an RV. Now you're an expert on converter problems and you can pass the information on to the next person with similar symptoms. Welcome to the club.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #4709

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
I did join and was accepted back when you first sent the link...When I open Facebook it goes to the site however the page is as far as I can go.. I am using an iPad if that makes a diff .. shouldn’t, however those who are familar with me know I can screw up easily...
Hi Monty,
I too am prone to messing things up, as well as having iPad / Facebook issues. I finally realized I’m incapable of using the Facebook ap. If some one posts a link while using the ap it totally messes me up so perhaps your having similar issues. I only sign on to Facebook via the website. I then have all the recent feed, or I can access any particular group from the listing on the left. I can scroll through everything this way. If I acess through the ap or an ap link I very rarely can scroll further than the initial page. Not sure if this is your problem but hope I haven’t added to the confusion.

Leanne
Elander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:17 PM   #4710

Thought I would post an update on our new 2451bhs, we've had it since May and have had it out four times now. Our main goal has been to set it up for mostly dry camping. So far we haven't had any problems with it other than not getting the hot water tank to run off of AC power.

My truck is pretty good with towing it, however, I don't think I would want to go any bigger with the trailer. It handles pretty well, I hardly ever feel any sway. I have to cross mountains for pretty much any camping and they are big. You definitely feel the trailer behind you climbing and descending the Anarchist mountain summit, it's steep with hairpin corners. Ascending and descending this mountain is in 2nd gear most of the way.

Our upgrades thus far are:
2 - 6V GC2 batteries
Lippert slide topper
2 - 2200W Briggs and Stratton generators with 30A parallel kit
Small 75W inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter outlet below the TV
30A plug in on our house so we can use the RV as a guest house
and just today ordered a starting capacitor for my AC, the price was right so figure I'd try it out https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really glad we upgraded immediately from the dealer to the 2 6V batteries, we got a credit for the 12V that normally comes with the trailer. We can run our water pump, lights, fans, inverter, fridge, radio for 24 hrs (usually at around 60% remaining capacity) before needing a charge.

The slide topper is another nice upgrade, I still frequently check the top of the slide to make sure it's clean and dry, haven't had to clean any debris off of it yet, it definitely does it's job.

The Briggs and Stratton generators I bought on sale at Canadian Tire for $549 each, I had a few hundred dollars in Canadian Tire money saved up, so it turned out to be an OK deal. I ordered the 30A rv outlet parallel kit from Amazon. They work well, they are small enough I can fit them in the pass through storage in the front of the trailer. They run the AC just fine so far. They are louder than I was expecting and that is my only gripe with them so far.

We have booked a different campsite every outing within two hours of the south Okanagan. Trying them all out this summer to find out what we like best and where we'd like to return next summer. We have a couple of great looking campsites coming up in the next couple of months, really enjoying it so far!

Old 07-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #4711

Congratulations on the 2451bhs. That is really beautiful country that you are camping in. Thanks for the great story and nice photos.

Ken
Old 07-16-2019, 07:46 AM   #4712

Nice update and upgrades on your trailer, glad you're enjoying it and have it working well for your needs. We lived on Anarchist for 8 years before moving down to the valley so that first pic was our daily commute.

For those not familiar with the Okanagan, this is the mountain he's talking about...

"Hwy 33 east of Osoyoos (910ft) to the top of Anarchist Mountain 4200ft, Though widened and somewhat straightened in the late 1950s, the road is still rumoured to include “the longest continuous hill in Canada” – 12 kilometres of seven and eight percent grades."

The smell of brakes was common on that road for people who didn't know enough to gear down. And I believe the above must have been written before the Coquihalla Hwy was built. Of Highway thru Hell fame, which has a lot longer continuous grade.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:29 AM   #4713

Quote:
You are 100% right. I did find it, I bought a replacement, but the screws that hold the small wires in the box are odd shaped and I cannot break them loose. Think I need a specialty tool.
Same happened on mine... I could not get the nuts holding the wires to turn.. That is when I decided to flip it and inspect the solder lines... One actually sparked which gave me a hint where to re-solder.. Saved me a few hundred bucks.
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 11:50 AM   #4714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elander View Post
Hi Monty,
I too am prone to messing things up, as well as having iPad / Facebook issues. I finally realized I’m incapable of using the Facebook ap. If some one posts a link while using the ap it totally messes me up so perhaps your having similar issues. I only sign on to Facebook via the website. I then have all the recent feed, or I can access any particular group from the listing on the left. I can scroll through everything this way. If I acess through the ap or an ap link I very rarely can scroll further than the initial page. Not sure if this is your problem but hope I haven’t added to the confusion.

Leanne
Hi Leanne, when I find a Microsoft laptop top on sale I’ll bring it home.. Maybe it will work better with the fb mini site..The last pc I owned had windows 7 .. Briefly owned one for a day or so with version 8 but hated it , returned and have been using only Apple IPads since... I hear windows 10 is ok but I think Bill Gates tried fixing something not broken too many times..
2017 Winnebago 2200SS, Titanium Color........ 2017 Ram 1500, Reg Cab, Short Bed, 5.7 Hemi 3:92 Locking Axel with Factory Brake Controller
3 Card Mmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #4715

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Card Mmont View Post
Hi Leanne, when I find a Microsoft laptop top on sale I’ll bring it home.. Maybe it will work better with the fb mini site..The last pc I owned had windows 7 .. Briefly owned one for a day or so with version 8 but hated it , returned and have been using only Apple IPads since... I hear windows 10 is ok but I think Bill Gates tried fixing something not broken too many times..
I highly recommend this laptop. I have had it since last year and it has been excellent. When I am not on the road with it the HDMI cable stays plugged in to a much larger monitor.
Old 07-18-2019, 06:21 AM   #4716

I recently bought a Dell G3 17" computer and I'm very pleased with it and Dell customer service. I had to have it repaired (due to my fault) and the repair service was excellent.
I went with a 17" laptop as I do a lot of photo processing and my laptop is my computer i.e. I don't have a desktop machine. I do use an external monitor at the S&B home when I want to work on photos.

I should add that I purchased a refurbished Dell from the Dell website. It's a good way to save some money if you can find one that meets your needs. I added 8 gb of ram after purchasing the laptop, and installing the ram chip was very easy.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:29 AM   #4717

Our first trip this summer, just a couple days a few hours from home but nice to get away from work for a bit. Air conditioner got a good work out as it was 35C (95F) all three days.

Rode the bicycles into town each day and enjoyed some very good Vietnamese and gelato.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 06:40 PM   #4718

Traded Winnebago 2351DKS for Winnebago Voyage 2472RB

Called Dealer after seeing the video of this model at Hershey RV show, wife immediately feel in love with it. It’s a new model for 2020, completely all redesigned, It should be at dealer in the next week for us to pick up . There is a Youtube video of it from the show
Timtoolman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago