RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM   #1

This is for a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30 footer on the Workhorse Chassis.
When you pull down the hood and look to the left there is a heater core with a couple of hoses running off it. One of the hoses contains a sort of valve with a vacumm fitting. Well, this valve is leaking. I am guessing this is a bypass valve to control the flow of water into the heater core. There are only two openings on the valve. One for the coolant to come in and one for it to come out.
Workhorse told me it was a Winnebago part. My Winnebago dealer is having a hard time finding the correct part. He did come up with this number:
103930-23-000, 2 way vacuum valve.
Is this the correct part? I am going to remove this valve and install a piece of copper tubing as a temporary replacement untill the part can be found. Will this hurt anything?

Also need help finding a replacement screen for the windows over the couch. The screen is the same size as the one for the windows over the dinette..
Any and all help will be appreciated.

Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:30 PM   #2

This is for a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30 footer on the Workhorse Chassis.
When you pull down the hood and look to the left there is a heater core with a couple of hoses running off it. One of the hoses contains a sort of valve with a vacumm fitting. Well, this valve is leaking. I am guessing this is a bypass valve to control the flow of water into the heater core. There are only two openings on the valve. One for the coolant to come in and one for it to come out.
Workhorse told me it was a Winnebago part. My Winnebago dealer is having a hard time finding the correct part. He did come up with this number:
103930-23-000, 2 way vacuum valve.
Is this the correct part? I am going to remove this valve and install a piece of copper tubing as a temporary replacement untill the part can be found. Will this hurt anything?

Also need help finding a replacement screen for the windows over the couch. The screen is the same size as the one for the windows over the dinette..
Any and all help will be appreciated.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you have a Evans/Temcon unit this may help Evans
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Try going to the Winnebago web site, "Resources","Previous Model Years", then "Manuals and Diagrams". Select the year and then the model of your coach.
Go to the "Windows and Vents" heading and select the window you need the screen. Good exploded diagrams with part numbers.
Hopefully this will help you narrow the search
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #5

Think I found the heater core and the assocaited parts on Winnies web page....Anyone else have any ideas for the screen?
They dont even show up on the diagrams
Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 AM   #6

Snowwolfe, if you contact Winnebago customer service with your VIN and Winnie number, they can look up the exact part you need. They may even have it in stock to ship, or will be able to refer you to the original supplier. I needed to do this for a couple of parts on mine, they were very helpful.

Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote