Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 09:54 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Wow, good to know. I'll have my mechanic repair it at my next annual maintenance. Right now it is a very slow drip and more of an annoyance than a real issue. Thanks!

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
Friendly reminder - Don't get like I did with the sewer smell in the cabin and dismiss it as somewhat normal to prevent the hassle of taking it to the dealership for repair. I don't know what your dealerships are like up north, but ours in Southern California are jammed pack with a two week waiting period before they even look at it. Add the usual 5-7 day wait for parts from the manufacturer and you are looking at a month without your RV.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:13 PM   #22
Site Team

I use R-Mechanic in Livermore CA, a great shop that specializes in RV repair and maintenance. In my experience, they are much better than the dealers for non-warranty work.

2013 Itasca Sunstar 26HE, 2014 Honda CRV with Roadmaster tow package, RVing on weekends and vacation since June 2012
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Ive had my minni winnie for two months now and ive had no issues, taken it on some rough Northern BC roads and drives like a dream, hoping it stays this way as we are heading to Whistler BC then up to Skagway Alaska, loving every minute of it.
buck066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #24
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck066 View Post
Ive had my minni winnie for two months now and ive had no issues...
Welcome to the forum.com and the WBGO forum in particular. Congrats on your new coach. Safe travels! Ed
Old 07-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

It seems I am not the only one with problems with a new Winnebago.

Purchased a 2014 Istaca Suncruiser 37F in March. This is our first MH and if things keep going it will be my last. We like it so much we are thinking of selling it right after all the repairs are complete and before the warranty runs out. It has spent more time parked in the driveway or at the dealer then on the road. In fact the two times we took it to PA we could not use it and had to stay at inlaws house.

When we picked it up we made an appointment to bring it back for leaking jack system, cut in sidewall of rear tire, broken vent covers for AC system, empty fire extinguisher, cuts in floor tile, and leak in windshield. Before we could get back to dealer reclining bed stopped working.

Had MH at dealer for three weeks. When we picked it up they said they could not find leak in jack system. However, when I walked out to MH there was a puddle under jack motor. They then ordered a new jack system.

Got it home and the bed still did not work. Also in the process of retracting the full wall slide the right rear corner hung out 3 inches. After a phone call I took it back the next day to the dealer. Recrimped the wires on the bed and said it was OK. Worked the slide in and out several times until it only stuck out 1 inch. Said they had to order a complete system for the slide to fix it.

While there I asked for a couple of screws to replace a couple I found missing on the bedroom slide. When they looked at the slide we found out the "D" seals were not installed on the sides of the slide. These are now on order.

While at the dealer they tried to use the inverter for something and found out it was dead. That is now on order.

Wife is no longer interested in traveling in a MH because of all the problems.

So that is why I will be looking at selling it when the repairs are complete. This will probable be my one and only MH.

Thanks for letting me ramble on.
FirstMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #26
Winnie-Wise

New RV's are a complicated units. So many things on board. Had one Service Tech say it's a rolling earthquake waiting to break something. Remember that! Break-in issues for the NEW unit are ALWAYS something we have to deal with, never expect perfect. DP'ers seem to have 4 times the issues than gas MH. In addition to your cash investment and subsequent instant deprecation of value...you have to maintain your unit... equal more COSTS! An being patient with issues...is a must.

Well all that said I too had issues with my unit when brand new. BUT got them repaired and fixed. Now the unit as it ages has issues popping up now and again. As Forest Gump said: "IT happens"...you invest in a MH...expect delays and new expenses.

So Happy Trails an Safe Travels!
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

We had a 2911 winebago product with which we had very few problems so we upgraded to a 2013 42 qd ...wish we kept the 2011 because we had to dump the 2013 qd because of significant problems the dealers nor winnebago would fix
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:58 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Ask my brother about the four slide mechanisms he's had replaced in his first year of ownership (2013 Itasca Meridian.)

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Owners are screaming on the schwintek slide mechanisms. Ouch!

It's heartbreaking to hear stories like FirstMH where they just can't even get it out for a good trip.

My sister traded a 40' Tour that they really liked for a '12 43' and had so many problems they traded it off. My Binlaw made a point of asking every owner of every Tour he saw if they had problems and it was a real eye opener. One guy said if he knew where the owner of Winnebago lived he'd park his unit on his lawn and leave it there. LOL.

Every time they went out something quit working or broke down. Leveling jacks, inverter, slides, aquahot, AC's, the motor overheated, doors stuck. They came to the conclusion that the factory was selling them too cheap and just not enough profits to keep the build quality up. I have heard there is a shortage of labor as the factories ramp up production to meet new demand and the quality control has gone out the window. Sentiments are echoed in the Thor threads as well. I'm sure there are others.

A shame really. I was thinking of getting something newer but really put off. Don't want to go thru all that. We had some issues when ours was new but has been solid for many years.

In many cases I think a good DIY owner will take care of the majority of things. Mine would only go for repair of major things or high-dollar replacements.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:08 AM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I guess I will continue making improvement to my 2008 Winnebago Sightseer. The new stuff sure is pretty but reliability is far more important to me.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

We have had our fair share of problems, but as we approach our 1 year mark, they have all been fixed and we are really enjoying our Journey. Here is our short list.
Kitchen slide mechanism - Replaced 3 times (Lippert)
Bedroom Slide replaced (Lippert)
Bedroom Bed mechanism broke (Lippert)
Jacks wont stay up - Loose hose (Lippert)

Customer service was very good, I was always able to take pictures and they would authorize repair and ship parts to repair center and I would take it in when the parts where in, made repair times much shorter.

Hang in there, once all the bugs are worked out, I love my Journey way better than my 05 Alfa SeeYa that we had for 8 years.

Paul and Debbie
Currently in Golden CO
Old 07-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Kitchen slide not even when retracted. One corner protrudes (Lippert)....Lounge slide makes loud pop when reaching end of extension (Power Gear).....Had motor/pump replaced on leveling system (Lippert).....HDMI Matrix switcher replaced in April. Replacement unit is now dead.....Can't get a dealer to return my call to schedule warranty work for the Kitchen slide and HDMI unit. Very exasperating. New rig in March. Would like to spend some extended time in it yet this year.
2013 Honda CRV, Roadmaster Falcon AT, Invisibrake
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

We almost purchased the 38Q instead of the 37F but it was just a little more then we were looking for.

Talked to Dealer on Thursday and they said all the parts for all the "Current" problems "Should" be in this week.

One can only hope the dealer calls me back and sets up a schedule to bring in the coach to do the repairs.

With any luck, within a short time period, we can take the MH out for our first outing someplace besides the driveway or inlaws house.

Even though I have problems with my MH I do not get any pleasure reading that others have similar problems. I do wish everyone the best and hope they can get things working as things should be.
FirstMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:27 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Bring back Bryan Funk !!! He always helped me out.

Tags
winnebago