Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2003, 03:09 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

The following is to the best of my recollection...The first unit,,,a Adventurer DP,,was around a 96 or maybe a 97...I have to remember which unit I had there having work on...the second was a Itasca SunflyerDP ,,,bout a 98....the last one was in early 2001 as I had our previous motor home there,,,a Horizon for warranty work...Both of the individuals I knew from WIT which we are members of...Possibly they have changed their coverage since then...I havent looked in my book on the Advantage we have now...but will do so to see if it requires maintenance or not...not to worried as unit is still under first year warranty though...I know that the roof will tear off if it raises up, going down the highway,from the J strip, as I saw the amount of damage to these two units....

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:28 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Diesel Lover, and anyone else interested: The document as titled above does not have a document number on it. It has a revision date, and a copyright notice, the written procedure, and a cross section line drawing of the roof/sidewall joint. I have it on computer as a jpeg file, and if there was a place to post pictures, I would be glad to, for anyone interested. The other option would be to call Winnebago Industries and request it.

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 07:20 AM   #23
Winnebago Watcher

Capt.Bill
I just called Winnie and they don't know anything about a document. The CSR even asked around and no one seemed to know anything about it !!!! They still have not learned about the internet and not telling fibs... We need to find a way to distribute the document because if it does not exist it cannot be coryrighted! Would appreciate it if you could Email a copy to me.

Jim & Barb
Phooey & Pounce
01 Winnie 35U
& Tracker toad

& Phooey
Jim & Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 08:37 AM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Capt. Bill,

Could you post that info on the Open Roads Forum that Woodalls sponsers. No problemn with posting pics on that sight.
Old 05-02-2003, 05:19 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

I'm not having any luck at all. I cannot see anywhere on the Woodall forum how to post a picture. In fact, I think I remember a note specifically saying that attachments are not allowed.

So, I went to e-mail it to Jim, but ren into a snag there too. Jim, what the heck is your e-mail address. It's not in your profile, so I haven't been able to send this "non-existant" document to you.

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
Old 05-02-2003, 05:33 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Capt. Bill

Will you please send me a copy of the document?

My e-mail is in my profile.

Thank you.

Buddy & Jenna Kidd
Oklahoma City, OK
2001 Horzion
2000 Saturn, BrakeBuddy
WIT 103677, FMCA F291518

Oklahoma City, OK
Buddy & Jenna Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 05:44 PM   #27
iRV2 Marketing

Me too, please! Thanks.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 "¢ 22.5" Tire "¢ Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II "¢ Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 "¢ Robert Yates Racing "¢ 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 06:47 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Capt. Bill,

If you could email the doc to me as well I would totally appreciate it.
[email protected]
Many thanks for sharing this important document with us.

Okie,

The manual says every 6 months, owners responsibility to maintain. From what I have gathered off this and other forums it generally has a 2 to 3 year time span for occurrence if stored outside.

RUSTIC is good.
Kudos to those who make Local, State & Federal Parks & Campgrounds possible and to those picking up the slack by Providing Private Campgrounds.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:24 AM   #29
Winnebago Watcher

Capt.Bill I added my Email address to my profile so you can send the doc. I really appreciate it. My seam lasted only about 5 months but that side was sitting facing the sun in Quartzsite this winter.

Jim & Barb
Phooey & Pounce
01 Winnie 35U
& Tracker toad

& Phooey
Jim & Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2003, 10:19 AM   #30
Winnie-Wise

OK folks, I've scanned and sent the document to those who have requested it. If any of you can post a picture, with a link to it here, I would appreciate it.

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
Old 05-12-2003, 01:49 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone figured out how the document can be posted here?

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 03:26 AM   #32
Winnebago Watcher

I have noticed many of you are very loyal to Winnebago and I guess thats good, but more of us than you know got stuck with bad engineering and quality. I own a 1999 Ultimate Advantage that is the high end of the product line. My most recent problem was the same roof problem many other owners have stated. I admit that mine happened after driving through strong winds in Southern California. When I pulled off in a Flying-J I walked around to all the other rigs and funny thing I only noticed other Winnebagos with the roofs lifted off. Luckily I could push mine back in the J channel and rear cap with minimum damage.
What bothers me the most about this and other problems I have had is that I have written to the director of Quality at Winnebago about my problems and the letter I received said that I should talk to my dealer and not the factory.
When I worked on the assembly floor of a Diesel Engine Plant we took our customer complaints seriously and resolved them.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 04:46 AM   #33
Winnie-Wise

Problem with the J channel is that you have to push against every inch to find the weak spots in the seal. We took all the old out of our 2000 and resealed the entire driver side and got our recent leak resolved but one of the times I was down at the dealers saw a 1999 with the entire front cap blown off.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:57 AM   #34
Winnie-Wise

OH and we have always inspected our seams regularly, funny thing is the passenger side had never needed redone but as little as 1-2 inches of loose seal will cause a leak on the driver side. Maybe has something to do with the slide?????
Old 05-13-2003, 11:00 AM   #35
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 1999 Winn Brave, My roof fiberglass was clulked where the roof meets the side rail.Some spots needed replacement So Went to my RV dealer to find out what materal to use to recaulk and was told that it didn't have to be caulked at all. That if water entered the channel it would just drain out the ends.Well he may be right but I figured it wouldn't hurt to clean and recaulked both sides anyway, It helps hold the roofing in the channel..
Old 05-13-2003, 02:43 PM   #36
Winnebago Watcher

Capt. Bill, I would be interested in receiving the .jpg of the roof. I recently had a leak, and have had my roof inspected every 6 months as well. Just bought some eternabond and will be installing it shortly. My email address is [email protected].

Thanks.
bettye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 05:45 PM   #37
Winnie-Wise

Betty, I e-mailed it to you.

Admin, I wonder if you could post the document, with full credit to Winnebago of course, so others could click the link if they are interested.

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
Old 05-13-2003, 06:24 PM   #38
RLS
Winnebago Owner

Capt. Bill, I too would like a copy of the document that dosen't exist. I ordered Eternabond last friday to do my Journey.
Thank you.
Bob
[email protected]
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 05:16 AM   #39
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RLS:
Capt. Bill, I too would like a copy of the document that dosen't exist. I ordered Eternabond last friday to do my Journey.
Thank you.
Bob
[email protected]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob, I'll send you a copy, but I would like to ask you a favor too. Will you take some pictures of the Eternabond job when you finish, and email them to me? I'd like to see how it looks when finished.
If anyone else has used this product, same request goes out to them. Can anyone provide a picture of the finished job? Thanks

Capt Bill, At The Beach
Indian River, Delaware
32' Adventurer, Ford V10
19' Kencraft CC toad.
Indian River, De
Old 05-14-2003, 02:45 PM   #40
Winnebago Watcher

Capt. Bill I would also like a copy of the document that doesn't exist as I have a 2001 journey dl. Please email to

[email protected]

Thanks much
frank t is offline   Reply With Quote