Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2017, 08:23 AM   #1
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Arrow Winnebago Service- Happy Camper

In July while we were attending GNR we had some storm damage to our Horizon. The wind tore our door awning off the sidewall above the entry door. We wanted WGO to install a new one. We made an appointment at that time for October 2.

It made sense for us to make up a list of things we wanted them to take care of as long as we were at the factory. The list included new carpeting, new dash heater motor, new LP tank float gauge, and replace any needed seals in the bedroom slide. They advised me that I would need to leave it there for a minimum of of a week and perhaps a few days longer which we agreed to do. The driving time from our home to Forest City is approx. 5.5 hours in our car and 6 hours in the coach.

When we left the factory to drive our toad home we told them to call us when it was ready to be picked up. Our Customer Service Supervisor was Michael Wigern and he kept us advised with a couple of phone calls on their progress during the first week in October. We were told we could pick up our coach Thursday October 12 which we did.

When we arrived we had an opportunity to observe the completed work done by Winnebago which was accompanied by each Tech who performed each work project.

This was the 4th time we have had work done ay the factory and each time we felt the work was done professionally. The staff who worked with us have always been efficient and helpful. My wife, Bev, is really pleased with the carpet job and we have nothing but praise on the work that was done for us. We highly recommend Winnebago shop service to anybody who asks us. The shop is under the supervision of Bryan Funk and we believe he is doing a superb job.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
Glad to hear all went well. I wish I was only 6 hrs away. I was wondering if they give you a fairly accurate $$ quote before hand? What is the hourly rate now?
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:16 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bill;

Winnebago's hourly rate is $125.00. On any service I asked for a price WGO was right on. I sent you an email with a lengthy report on my trip to Forest City. To long and boring to post here.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 10-15-2017, 12:05 PM   #4

So much of what we often read here is negative. It's always nice to hear from those that have a positive experience at the factory.
Old 10-15-2017, 02:09 PM   #5

Our 2006 Horizon 40KD needs a few repairs and we are also considering taking our MH to WBGO and leave it with them for as long as it takes to complete the repairs. So, I am glad to hear that you have had great success and a pleasant experience with WBGO service.
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 09:43 PM   #6

Sorry to be a bother But if someone has the phone number handy for the WBGO service dept I would appreciate it. I could probably go out to the MC and find it somewhere in the manuals but its cold here.

Thanks
Wayne
Old 10-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Wayne,

Winnebago Service Administration (800) 537-1885

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:36 AM   #8

I'm curious if WBG made you unload your coach before you left it?
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #9
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dick;

The only request from them we had was to remove anything that would spoil from the refrigerator as it would be shut down. Also we would not be able to sleep in it nights due to the nature of our repairs.

We just went back home and told them to call us when it was ready to be picked up.

Don
Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM   #10

I called WGO today to make an appointment and was told they are currently taking appointments for the week of December 11th and I understand. However, I was also told that I would not be able to leave it with them and return home. It seemed like the service writer was only interested in booking the appointment and didn't want to discuss the repairs. Thats disappointing.
KD4XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:12 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
KD4XR, I would call back again. Get the direct email address for your service writer. In my experience, it works best to list (in sensible detail) each issue you need them to fix. If any more need to be added later, do the same. Call and make sure your service writer acknowledges your list item by item.

Once you've arrived, "add on" issues are seldom accepted, but sometimes are. Coming from Alabama, considering the distance you're traveling, leave nothing to chance. If it's on the list, it's on the work order schedule. If not, you may go home without that issue fixed.

They're pretty good folks there, been good to me and I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Best luck, safe travels,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service, winnebago