Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2008, 03:38 PM   #15

I agree with "Finhawk".

We who have older Winnebago's are left out in the cold. Of course maybe the majority believe if you have a 12 year old coach like I have it's time to "junk it, sign on the bottom line and buy new".

Sorry, but NO WAY. My Winne is still running and operating perfect, knock on wood. A true sign of a quality product. Until it starts to Nickle and Dime me to death I'll keep what I have.

It would be nice though if Winnebago would have an archive section for their coaches that go back from the beginning. Not that the first coaches are still on the road, but it might be interesting to take a look at the "then and now" information. Just MHO.

'96 - 38' Adventurer
Flintstones Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #16

Location: Columbia SC on our way to Sweet Home Oregon ETA 25 Sept 08
Waiting for that tip on where and how to install the digital converter box (DCB) with the Vidio Selector System. That is, located in the cabinet where the VSS is located. Just a rant or a whine here; I know there are only one million of us that occassionally use our batwings at State Parks and such but it still ticks me off that each TV is going to need it's own DCB if it has an analog tuner. Why can't the DCB just decode all digital signals coming to it and pass it along as analog without changing stations at the DCB? I know, I know, why ask why?
Old 05-03-2008, 09:05 AM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
I saw an ad by CW for the digital converter. I called and they said that if I had a central box that connected both TVs to the Winegard antenna that I would only need one box for both TVs. They install for $20 and accept the $40 coupon.

Nick, Journey '01
Old 05-04-2008, 01:17 AM   #18

Nick: Thanks friend. I think that CW and you are right but the other two TVs will probably be a slave to the first, something like a monitor. I don't think the other analog TVs will be fully independent channel changing boob tubes we are used to. I'm thinking the bedroom TV will be the first to be replaced with a built in digital tuner. The little analog color $15 TV I use outside will be an easy fix with the DCB. So now the IRV2 quest is to search for a make and model that Winnebago owners of a 33V know will fit in the BDR. Maybe I'll find gold and hit a post where somebody has already found and shared one LCDs that fits up front & in back w/o too much dificulty; difficulty being relative.... :-) CW is installing a DCB for me on Thur and I'll let y'all know how it works with the Vidio Selector Box we have in our Winnebagos
Old 05-04-2008, 03:29 AM   #19
RET

y interested to see how the C W hookup turns out. Please post with pictures if possible and model and final price of DCB. used.
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #20

Hey Ret: Well,,,, I even gave the CW guy the WIT mag tip pages showing them how and where to connect things. I just got the WIT mag last Tue and didn't even open it until Wed morning at breakfast just before my CW install appointment. The CW guy tried their install connect recommendations but it didn't work. So he played around and did it his way. Switches are now all messed up but if I push the right button; Aux = VCR/DVD, TV ANT = HD box. The small Wingard box fit just fine in the Entertainment Center. Just moved the DVD/VCR over to where it almost touches the end of the cabinet. HD at Myrtle Beach gave me 10 channels but only 5 were any good. The other 5 kept breaking up into small pixels and the signal was lost on these poor reception channels. As anticipated, the Bdr TV is a slave to the front TV and I didn't even try the outside TV. Will probably need another box for that set but that one is usually a slave monitor to the DVD player anyway...

Marco
Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 AM   #21
RET

Thanks Marco for the info. I will probably wait a little while to hear what others have done. RET
RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:17 AM   #22

FinHawk & Flintstones: I feel your pain with my little '89 Lesharo. I was told by Mobility don't even think about breaking a taillight lens or replacing some of the decals anymore.
Oh Well....

Mike
89 Lesharo w/3.3 Dodge Converson
"Can't sweat it... "
Mike & CeCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Chet:
try putting in the year before and then process your number. They use the year that the coach was made, not the year model.
we have a 2003 model but tried three times and could not come up with the proper list. I entered 2002 as the year and it came up with the spec sheet for our coach.
Sistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #24

Thank you very much! This is great information. Looks like every single part including nuts and bolts, including part numbers are included.
millsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #25

Forest River Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks, some very helpful information I can truly use. I am new and have been learning alot in this forum.
van-gogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Great info thanks for posting
bgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:24 PM   #27

I'm downloading them now and reading to get a jump on our new Coach. We just ordered a Sunstar 27N and can't wait till it comes in. It's going to be a long 8 weeks.
TravelDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCruiser
I'm downloading them now and reading to get a jump on our new Coach. We just ordered a Sunstar 27N and can't wait till it comes in. It's going to be a long 8 weeks.
Our best friends have had a twin to your coach, the Vista 27N for about 2 months now. They installed a combo washer/dryer a couple of weeks ago. So far they love it. They had one issue with the slide out motor that required replacement.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote