RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-07-2014, 08:30 AM   #127
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 15
Radio button

[wQUOTE=dethomson;1625072]Thank you for your feedback. It makes sense that if the radio buttons control the radio via an RF signal then the buttons may not light up with the other steering wheel buttons. I'll check to see if the radio buttons are battery powered.[/QUOTE]

We have a 2011 Tour 42QD and all the button are lighted up and I am wondering about the battery because the steering wheels comes with the Chassis from Freightliner.

The only Problem we had in the past was
- locking the pullouts
- Accuracy of the tanksensors
- Rearcamera get on and off.

Marc
__________________

SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #128
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 15
Airbed 2011 Tour 42qd

This is a common problem, because the airpressure is continously higher as long as the pullout is in as you sleeping on the bed for a couples of hours and the pump keeps the pressure.
Because of this Problem I hearded that Winnebago will to to Memoryfoam and maybe cheaper
Sorry for my english but motherlanguage is swissgerman.
I've noticed that when the slide is in (bed is up), that after a few days in storage, one side of the bed is deflated much more than the other side (I do bring the pressure down on both sides prior to bringing in the slide). Is this a common experience or is it more likely that I have a leak?

Thanks,

Mark[/QUOTE]
__________________

SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #129
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 15
Tour 2011 42qd Navi-System

I had the same Problem and gave up.
I invest the Money in a Rand mcnally and this is perfect dashmounted, easy to use the Touchscreen with wifi and RDS.
The only disadvantage is, the Speaker and voicequaility is very bad and sometimes hard to understand compare to a garmin 7200 which i had before.
On top I installed an external active GPS antenna and it makes it much faster and more accurate even in dense Areas where the sat-rec. is not optimal.

This is the link:
http://store.randmcnally.com/tripmaker-rvnd-7720.html
Marc
SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 AM   #130
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Punta Gorda, FL
Posts: 15
randmcnally tripmaker RVND 7720

Marc
SwissRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:06 AM   #131
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
Tired of the Ac units leaking off the side of the coach?

The return air is mixing with the conditioned air under the unit before going into the coach due to an improper placement of a seal under the ac unit. This is causing the units to over work and build up heavy condensation on the outside of the ac unit and drip off the coach even if the drain lines are working properly.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	61358  
__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #132
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
The first pic here is how the front Mach-8 roof ac comes and is set up to go on a non ducted rig. The second pic shows the unit with an added seal in the middle to separate the return air from the conditioned air for a ducted system. I had a lot of ac drainage down the side of the coach and could not understand why. My drains were not clogged. The units were sweating on the outside and running off the roof. Turns out that all three units when the added seal was installed it was too far forward and not sealing. On the last post notice how far the black middle seal is, it is well into the return duct when lowered down. Took the coach to the beach this week end and what a difference! No water down the side and cooled well even without a window shade. If you have the leaking going on you might want to have them checked.
Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2471862383.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	247.1 KB
ID:	61664   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3780494833.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	61665  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2555437858.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	61666  
__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #133
Member
 
marco1b's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
The first pic here is how the front Mach-8 roof ac comes and is set up to go on a non ducted rig. The second pic shows the unit with an added seal in the middle to separate the return air from the conditioned air for a ducted system. I had a lot of ac drainage down the side of the coach and could not understand why. My drains were not clogged. The units were sweating on the outside and running off the roof. Turns out that all three units when the added seal was installed it was too far forward and not sealing. On the last post notice how far the black middle seal is, it is well into the return duct when lowered down. Took the coach to the beach this week end and what a difference! No water down the side and cooled well even without a window shade. If you have the leaking going on you might want to have them checked.
Jesse
Jesse, I haven't had my A/C's units on yet to see if I have the same issue but I may take a look to see if my A/C units were done the same way. My spec sheet says I have Coleman A/C units. Is the Mach-8, you referred to, a model within the Coleman line or a different brand altogether? Thanks for the great "how to" photos. I hope Winnebago is following these threads to correct these issues in future builds. Mark
__________________
Time for Fun!
2013 Winnebago Tour
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #134
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Jesse, I haven't had my A/C's units on yet to see if I have the same issue but I may take a look to see if my A/C units were done the same way. My spec sheet says I have Coleman A/C units. Is the Mach-8, you referred to, a model within the Coleman line or a different brand altogether? Thanks for the great "how to" photos. I hope Winnebago is following these threads to correct these issues in future builds. Mark
Hi Mark
Yes our ac units are Coleman. The front unit is a straight cool model Mach-8 and the other 2 are heat pumps (heat and cool). I am very carful when on the roof. I have trusses in the rv garage above me to tie myself to incase I slip. Anyone who gets on the roof should not take any chances.
It is easy to check if the seal is in place or not without removing the unit. Removing 4 philips screws takes the black plastic cover off. Removing 4-10mm nuts will allow you to remove the inner cover. Stick your phone in the return port and take a picture with your flash on. If the seal is not in place you will see the flash in the other port. At this point if you need to replace the or relocate the seal. Remove 4- 8mm 3" screws and lift the ac up to gain access. The rectangular seal under the ac unit is stuck to the bottom of the unit and is reusable. Reinstall in reverse order. Tools and seal strip in hand it is a 15 minute job for each ac. Everyone can make a mistake even Winnebago. I wouldn't be driving this beautiful well built coach if it weren't for the good folks at the factory.

Thanks

Jesse
__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #135
Member
 
marco1b's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Mark
Yes our ac units are Coleman. The front unit is a straight cool model Mach-8 and the other 2 are heat pumps (heat and cool). I am very carful when on the roof. I have trusses in the rv garage above me to tie myself to incase I slip. Anyone who gets on the roof should not take any chances.
It is easy to check if the seal is in place or not without removing the unit. Removing 4 philips screws takes the black plastic cover off. Removing 4-10mm nuts will allow you to remove the inner cover. Stick your phone in the return port and take a picture with your flash on. If the seal is not in place you will see the flash in the other port. At this point if you need to replace the or relocate the seal. Remove 4- 8mm 3" screws and lift the ac up to gain access. The rectangular seal under the ac unit is stuck to the bottom of the unit and is reusable. Reinstall in reverse order. Tools and seal strip in hand it is a 15 minute job for each ac. Everyone can make a mistake even Winnebago. I wouldn't be driving this beautiful well built coach if it weren't for the good folks at the factory.

Thanks

Jesse
Jesse, again good information on verifying if there is a problem before removing the entire A/C unit. It looks like you purchased additional foam to make the fix. Did you have any problems location foam for the job?

On another note, now that the weather is warmer I ordered my mirror for the bedroom door, hope it looks as good as yours did when I'm done.

Mark
__________________
Time for Fun!
2013 Winnebago Tour
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #136
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Jesse, again good information on verifying if there is a problem before removing the entire A/C unit. It looks like you purchased additional foam to make the fix. Did you have any problems location foam for the job?

On another note, now that the weather is warmer I ordered my mirror for the bedroom door, hope it looks as good as yours did when I'm done.

Mark
Hi Mark
I have a repair shop and replaced a bad unit with a new one so I removed the foam seal off of the old unit and cut it to fit all three units. Thick foam tape from the hardware store will work. May have to double it. You will love the mirror. We do. I ordered the supplies today to complete the over dishwasher drawer. I will post the Install and supply list when I do it.
Thanks

Jesse.
__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #137
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
This was in our 2006 Itasca Suncruiser and we missed it.

Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3696311444.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	62884   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2389161137.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	62885  

__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #138
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
I learned something recently that helped with ac temperate variance being a greater difference than we like. Aiming the ac vents towards the zone sensors helps much. Try it.

Jesse
__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #139
Member
 
marco1b's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Mark
I have a repair shop and replaced a bad unit with a new one so I removed the foam seal off of the old unit and cut it to fit all three units. Thick foam tape from the hardware store will work. May have to double it. You will love the mirror. We do. I ordered the supplies today to complete the over dishwasher drawer. I will post the Install and supply list when I do it.
Thanks

Jesse.
Hi Jesse, didn't see your note on the drawer until a few minutes ago. I was going to tell you that I installed the mirror on the bedroom slide last weekend and I really like it! Thanks for the idea and the detailed information! Also, got the garbage can drawer put in, so I can check that off my list. Thanks Again!

I was wondering how your drawer project was going. I noticed that the new Grand Tour "appears" to have a drawer over the dishwasher. If it does, maybe it would work for a retrofit?

I received the bracket for the outside TV but will put that on the back burner until I get the jeep tow and brake packages installed.

Looking forward to hitting the road in early July and seeing how the coach works.

Mark
__________________
Time for Fun!
2013 Winnebago Tour
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #140
Senior Member
 
Jbmsr's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Apopka Fl.
Posts: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post
Hi Jesse, didn't see your note on the drawer until a few minutes ago. I was going to tell you that I installed the mirror on the bedroom slide last weekend and I really like it! Thanks for the idea and the detailed information! Also, got the garbage can drawer put in, so I can check that off my list. Thanks Again!

I was wondering how your drawer project was going. I noticed that the new Grand Tour "appears" to have a drawer over the dishwasher. If it does, maybe it would work for a retrofit?

I received the bracket for the outside TV but will put that on the back burner until I get the jeep tow and brake packages installed.

Looking forward to hitting the road in early July and seeing how the coach works.

Mark
Hi Mark
Good to hear from you. Must be warming up there. You are making great progress. My drawer parts still haven't arrived. I will have to look at that Grand Tour. July is soon. I am happy you are getting to try it out. It is an awesome rig and a joy to drive. And that 450 Cummins is a beast. Enjoy!
Thanks

Jesse
__________________

__________________
You Only Live Once Travel!
2013 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Apopka FL.
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
winnebago



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×