Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #183

Winnebago Owners Club
Bob
I didn't see any of that material in the slide area. I installed a complete Lippert slide mechanism from the manufactures packaging and the material in the picture was not included. I don't believe it is anything to worry about. It really looks like left over hose insulation.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2014, 10:21 AM   #184

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jesse

thanks for looking. must have been excess from the build and finally fell loose. it will go in my box of spare parts.

thanks

bob
Old 10-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #185

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Camera

My right camera says no video detected. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the cable coming from that camera several times thinking it might be a connection problem at that connector. No luck. I am looking for some advice on a DIY quick fix from someone that knows more than I on this problem.
Thanks,
Larry
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #186

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Larvance, you can try checking the RCA connections (red/white) behind the radio (remove a few screws from the dash pad and access from above) but, if yours is like mine was you'll be replacing the camera. You could also switch the camera from the left side to see if it functions. Do whichever is easier to determine the problem.

you might even get Winnebago to mail you a replacement camera if that's easier than a local repair facility.

good luck
Old 10-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #187

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Larry
Does your right blinker work?
If so switch chassis battery off and back on. Start the coach.
Jesse
Old 10-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #188

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post

Auto awning roller LED switch upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413582870.747731.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	605.5 KB
ID:	76771

https://plus.google.com/101316903016...ts/9jeYxnBJXpU[/QUOTE]

Jesse
Old 10-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #189

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Jesse, tried your suggestion and still doesn't work. Thanks for your imput.
Larry
Old 10-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #190

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
tnteacherguy, checked connectors in dash, still didn't work. Switched right and left input and left camera pix appeared on right side with blinker switch. My guess is that I will need to do the same as you and replace the right camera. Thanks for your help.
Larry
Old 10-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #191

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Learned something new about the RV today. Just found out that on the RestEasy bed it is two sided, that you can flip the inner mattress (on top of the air chambers) over for a choice of plush or firm. I have always thought the only control was with the numeric key pad. The mattress has always been with the plush side up. Has anyone flipped theirs and noticed any big difference that the key pad could not adjust for.

Bob
Old 10-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #192

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
Learned something new about the RV today. Just found out that on the RestEasy bed it is two sided, that you can flip the inner mattress (on top of the air chambers) over for a choice of plush or firm. I have always thought the only control was with the numeric key pad. The mattress has always been with the plush side up. Has anyone flipped theirs and noticed any big difference that the key pad could not adjust for.

Bob

Thanks Bob
That's good to know.

I also learned so thin yesterday.
I am a bit ashamed to say but
I did not realize that the awning arms were adjustable. So cool!
Jesse
Old 10-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #193

Winnebago Owners Club
Just noticed something interesting a day or two ago. We had the fantastic fan running overnight with the windows open. During the night we had a light rain. Did not think much of it but in the morning there was a wet spot on the floor under the fan.

Looking closer I find that WBO installed the cheapest fantastic fan in our coach. Our cheapie 5er had thermostatically controlled rain sensor reversing fans. At a quarter the cost! I had not paid much attention to the fan and assumed a better quality fan had been installed.

I am truly disappointed in WBO for installing the basic fan. I will be looking for a better fan shortly.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #194

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jesse,

I used those awning adjustments last year they helped. and what is nice you do not have to change them to roll the awning up. the little push pins are hard to work with to change the settings.

Trying to find a good place to install a printer, the only two areas is on the floor of one of the bedroom closets or the cabinet on the floor in between the two closets. This is low so would want to put some type of pull out shelf for it. Anyone installed a printer in their QD?

Bob
Old 10-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #195

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Just noticed something interesting a day or two ago. We had the fantastic fan running overnight with the windows open. During the night we had a light rain. Did not think much of it but in the morning there was a wet spot on the floor under the fan.

Looking closer I find that WBO installed the cheapest fantastic fan in our coach. Our cheapie 5er had thermostatically controlled rain sensor reversing fans. At a quarter the cost! I had not paid much attention to the fan and assumed a better quality fan had been installed.

I am truly disappointed in WBO for installing the basic fan. I will be looking for a better fan shortly.

Hi Gordon
I can't explain why Winnebago chose not to add the upgrades on the Fantastic fans.

We spent the night in our prior coach at a Cracker Barrel and ran the fans. I woke up to a loud bang and water pouring in both fan vents. A strong wind and rain hit all at once and broke both fan lids off.
So here I am bear footed half asleep racing up the ladder with duct tape to stop the flooding. We added the fantastic covers to this coach to prevent this from ever happening again. You can use them traveling and the look nice.
Jesse
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413844191.893655.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	420.0 KB
ID:	76993Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1413844242.411246.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	291.5 KB
ID:	76995
Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #196

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
I installed my hp scan/copy/fax/printer in the first cabinet above the living room tv. I did this mostly because there was a 110 outlet in there already. I just made sure to use an extension cord in case I ever need to take it out in order to fax or scan. you can't open the lid while it's in the cabinet...thanks for the idea (if it was on a pullout shelf, I could scan just by opening the door and sliding out).

Tags
winnebago