RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #197

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Gordon
I can't explain why Winnebago chose not to add the upgrades on the Fantastic fans.
I can't complain about the fans in my 2011 QD. I left it on my RV lot for a year with the AquaHot on electric. I couldn't go back to get the motorhome since I was doing hospice care. Somehow, the fan in the rear bath opened during that year. Neighbors called to tell me. When I finally got back to the motorhome, nothing seemed to get in. The rear bath was clean, with no water damage.

Since then, I have installed the vent covers to be safe. I like the ability to use the fans while driving and not have to worry about water getting in.

kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #198

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
tnteachguy

thanks. i did not think it would fit in in. I will have to try it. plus I bet the DW would need assistances getting to it since i am the tall one...I will check it out.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:32 AM   #199

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I always installed the vent covers right away, but there is an upgrade kit for these units to add the rain/sensor and a remote thermostat control from the fan mfg.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #200

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
I always installed the vent covers right away, but there is an upgrade kit for these units to add the rain/sensor and a remote thermostat control from the fan mfg.
The remote thermostat control would be nice to have. I will have to look into it.
Thanks
Jesse
Jbmsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:29 AM   #201

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Attachment 75217

Hi Hunter
They are attached with velcro so they can be removed if needed although we find that we haven't needed to. No more looking for them.
Jesse
I did this and now I am having trouble with the plug in the pump coming loose. Did you figure out a way to keep the pressure off the plugs? It is really hard for me to get to the pump to push cord back in. My wife can't hold up bed. How do you do this? Do you remove mattress from bed board? Help, please
Old 10-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #202

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter41 View Post
I did this and now I am having trouble with the plug in the pump coming loose. Did you figure out a way to keep the pressure off the plugs? It is really hard for me to get to the pump to push cord back in. My wife can't hold up bed. How do you do this? Do you remove mattress from bed board? Help, please

Go to the HW store and get one of their 4 ft x 1 1/2 inch dowel pieces of wood. They usually have them precut. Then go to another section and get what I call rubber crutch tips. Put those on the end of the dowel. Lift the bed platform and have your wife place the upright dowel inside the steel frame and let the platform down. You can adjust the dowel position as you need. The rubber ends make it very solid.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #203

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter41 View Post

Hi Hunter
That bed is way too heavy to be lifting very often.
When I first mounted the remotes I was very pleased with myself until I moved the slide out and saw that the cords were binding. The fix is to mount the cords around the outside and lower edge of the wood trim with stick on cord clips. Leave a generous amount of cord coiled on the carpet out of view under the bed so when you move the slide or the bed it won't bind. Mine has never unplugged. Sorry you have been having trouble.
Jesse
Jbmsr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 AM   #204

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for tip about how to hold up bed. Will do that. I called the company and lady said she would send me extensions for the cords. Need to call her when we set down for a week at next stop. Also she said I was keeping to much pressure. She recommends less than 30. Will try all these suggestions.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:48 AM   #205

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Gordon,

I wouldn't blame Winnebago because you don't have any common sense.

Number one if they did install the fantastic vent with sensors I wouldn't trust them and number two if you want vent opn while running down the road it may blow off in fact it may blow off in a heavy storm.

I'm on my 4th Winnebago and always purchase and install vent covers that way I can leave the roof vents open all the time even when sitting in driveway.

Fantastic makes their own vent cover in black or white, try it you'll like it!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 AM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majfrizz View Post
Jesse,

I used those awning adjustments last year they helped. and what is nice you do not have to change them to roll the awning up. the little push pins are hard to work with to change the settings.

Trying to find a good place to install a printer, the only two areas is on the floor of one of the bedroom closets or the cabinet on the floor in between the two closets. This is low so would want to put some type of pull out shelf for it. Anyone installed a printer in their QD?

Bob
What kind of adjustment did you make?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #207

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I changed the pitch of the awning by about 2 pin holes to lower the roller tube. gave a little more shade in most areas. I still clear my head when I walk under the roller tube.
Old 10-22-2014, 03:33 PM   #208

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersharkjd View Post
Go to the HW store and get one of their 4 ft x 1 1/2 inch dowel pieces of wood. They usually have them precut. Then go to another section and get what I call rubber crutch tips. Put those on the end of the dowel. Lift the bed platform and have your wife place the upright dowel inside the steel frame and let the platform down. You can adjust the dowel position as you need. The rubber ends make it very solid.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Got the 4ft dowel and put it under the bed. Made my wife stand there to make sure it stayed in place. I also got some Velcro wraps and put around cord and then attached to metal frame. I found that when I could get under there that there was about 2 feet of cord rolled up. Have plenty of cord now. Should be good to go now. I think. Will see after next move. Thanks for your suggestion!!
Old 10-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #209

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Gordon,

I wouldn't blame Winnebago because you don't have any common sense.

Number one if they did install the fantastic vent with sensors I wouldn't trust them and number two if you want vent opn while running down the road it may blow off in fact it may blow off in a heavy storm.

I'm on my 4th Winnebago and always purchase and install vent covers that way I can leave the roof vents open all the time even when sitting in driveway.

Fantastic makes their own vent cover in black or white, try it you'll like it!

Thanks for that. Appreciate the vote of confidence. Dont think I made any mention of wanting to run down the road with them open but . . . . The comment was aimed at the least quality fan in the high end coach. Go figure.

Have fantastic fans in the 5er. A both are rain sensors and have reversing fans. We set the one with the thermostat to the desired temperature and open the other at night without the fan running to cool the place down. When the desired temperature is made the fan shuts off and the vent closes. In the 10 years we used them never had an issue with the thermostat or rain sensor not working properly.

I put vent covers on all of the other vents but the fantastic cover restricts the opening of the vent cover. That restricts the air flow.

I will be replacing this fantastic fan with a reversing, thermostatically controlled, rain sensing fan.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #210

We keep our awning all the way down on the pin adjustment.
Would like more to keep the sun out.

John and Susan. New 2018 Chevrolet 2500 2 WHD . 6.6 Duramax 3.73 rearend. .4 door ,Short, Bed W/Topper. 2017 Grand Design 297 RSTS. Our rescue dog Annie. Still ,Full timing since 07-01-2011. No sticks and bricks.
poppopc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago