RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #239

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
Thanks Jesse ! Where is the location of that clip? Inside dash rear of monitor?

Can't find the clip again. Yes inside dash at rear of monitor. 4 screws removes the dash pad then you can reach the plug ins with your left arm to push them in. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417887802.170030.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	468.8 KB
ID:	80620Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417887816.908352.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	379.8 KB
ID:	80621Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417887828.768098.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	554.8 KB
ID:	80622
Jesse

Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #240

Winnebago Owners Club
Flashing red light

Our last trip out I noticed, I think for the first time, a flashing red light appearing from behind the left footrest which is to the left of the brake pedal on my 2013 tour QD. It doesn't matter whether engine is running or not, whether e brake is engaged or not, flashing all the time unless the chassis battery disconnect is off. Anyone experienced this or know what it is trying to tell me?

Ranger Rick
2013 Tour QD
2010 Chevy Equinox

Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 11:18 AM   #241

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
Our last trip out I noticed, I think for the first time, a flashing red light appearing from behind the left footrest which is to the left of the brake pedal on my 2013 tour QD. It doesn't matter whether engine is running or not, whether e brake is engaged or not, flashing all the time unless the chassis battery disconnect is off. Anyone experienced this or know what it is trying to tell me?

Ranger Rick

2013 Tour QD

2010 Chevy Equinox

Rick
The remote entry setup is under there. May be that and might have to just relocate a Little. Look in your manual it will tell you it's location.
Jesse
Old 12-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #242

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Zones

My notes:

3-3-13 The last two nights the temps got down to 37 degrees and the darn heat would not work in one zone and sweat us out in the other as it also has acted wacked in cool as well since we got it. After studying Aqua-Hots wiring schematic as well as WInnebagos wiring codes I realized that zone one and zone two's therm wires were reversed at the aqua-hot system so it had been trying to bring the zone temp down to satisfy and was unable to as the command call was in the other room.

Here is what was wrong:

Wire 90 and 91 was hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

Wire 94 and 95 was hooked to zone 1 (Therm-O and Therm-I) and should have been hooked to zone 2 (Therm-O and Therm-I)

All zones work well now in heat and cool.

This is how it was

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1419027322.824058.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	81429Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1419027346.855199.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	81430

How to correct.

Unhook shore power and turn off coach battery switch first.

Swap wire 90 with wire 94

Swap wire 91 with wire 95

While you are there check that all wires are snug.

Jesse
Old 12-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #243

You are a lot of good information Jesse keep up the good work
Freestyle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 AM   #244

Winnebago Owners Club
Jesse
You mentioned that your harsh front end ride was cured when freightliner moved your left rear ride height valve to the right front. Mine was also moved and I have not noticed any difference in my harsh front end ride, only now my left rear is leaning about 1.5 inches lower than right rear. Any thoughts?

Ranger Rick
2013 tour qd
Old 02-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #245

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Jesse
You mentioned that your harsh front end ride was cured when freightliner moved your left rear ride height valve to the right front. Mine was also moved and I have not noticed any difference in my harsh front end ride, only now my left rear is leaning about 1.5 inches lower than right rear. Any thoughts?

Ranger Rick
2013 tour qd

Hi Rick
Our first trip up the east coast 3/6/2013 at 5009 miles on the odometer we stopped at Freightliner in Gafney to have the coach weighed and get the ride hight adjusted along with a front and rear alignment.
On the way to Gafney we noticed that the front of the coach would bottom out with a bang even with small pot holes in the road.
When we left Gafney the coach was a different rig. It drove and road so nice it was amazing. No more loud bangs in the front when we hit a bump.
We completed our trip to Ohio and on the way back home we stopped again in Gafney 8/5/2013 and 8240 miles on the odometer to have the first service done. This is when we had the valve relocated.
On the way home the coach felt even more stable going into a curve.
It started out with one ride hight adjustment in the front and two in the rear. Now it has two in the front and on in the rear. Now it has true independent suspension in the front.
I believe that the ride hight and tag adjustment Freightliner done is what stopped the harsh front end ride. The front end seemed much lighter.
With your coach sitting still, hold your tag dump switch for a bit then release it. Do this while watching the the top of your mirrors as a site line to something to see if you have a significant change in hight travel. If you do you might want to have it reweighed and the tag readjusted.
There should be no harsh front end ride with your coach.
Jesse
Old 02-11-2015, 09:47 AM   #246

Winnebago Owners Club
Harsh ride

Jesse, I wish I could have the same luck as you with the harsh front end ride. Freightliner has adjusted my tag pressure from 60 psi to 30 psi and aligned the front end, little or no difference. I have even reduced front tires to 100 psi, no difference. Had coached weighed a year ago and came in at 14,250 lbs front axle, 15,200 lbs drive axle and 5500lbs tag. Tried a pair of Road King shocks on front, still harsh, had them revalved, still harsh. Freightliner had me remove the motion control valves from front bags and reinstall original sach shocks, still harsh. Smooth road equals great ride, rough road , expansion joints, the slightest pot hole equals dump truck ride. At times the bang is so loud and harsh that expect the front tires to join me in the cockpit. My 09 tour with straight front axle was harsh and I expected tag with ifs to be much better, boy was I wrong. It appears that what I am experiencing is not the norm so I guess I will keep trying to find someone who has a fix. I understand that winnebago increased the front axle rating from 14,600 to 15,600 by changing original air bags to larger bags, everything else was unchanged. At this time, no one has suggested that bigger bags could cure my harshness, freightliner claims that my chassis is specked out perfectly. we love everything about the tour with the exception of rough road ride, hopefully it's not a condition that cannot be resolved. Frustrated but still hopeful.

Ranger Rick
2013 winnebago tour QD
Old 02-11-2015, 07:30 PM   #247

Winnebago Owners Club
Rick
I would have Gafney Freightliner look at it.
Jesse
Old 02-12-2015, 10:28 PM   #248

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Jesse, I wish I could have the same luck as you with the harsh front end ride. Freightliner has adjusted my tag pressure from 60 psi to 30 psi and aligned the front end, little or no difference. I have even reduced front tires to 100 psi, no difference. Had coached weighed a year ago and came in at 14,250 lbs front axle, 15,200 lbs drive axle and 5500lbs tag. Tried a pair of Road King shocks on front, still harsh, had them revalved, still harsh. Freightliner had me remove the motion control valves from front bags and reinstall original sach shocks, still harsh. Smooth road equals great ride, rough road , expansion joints, the slightest pot hole equals dump truck ride. At times the bang is so loud and harsh that expect the front tires to join me in the cockpit. My 09 tour with straight front axle was harsh and I expected tag with ifs to be much better, boy was I wrong. It appears that what I am experiencing is not the norm so I guess I will keep trying to find someone who has a fix. I understand that winnebago increased the front axle rating from 14,600 to 15,600 by changing original air bags to larger bags, everything else was unchanged. At this time, no one has suggested that bigger bags could cure my harshness, freightliner claims that my chassis is specked out perfectly. we love everything about the tour with the exception of rough road ride, hopefully it's not a condition that cannot be resolved. Frustrated but still hopeful.

Ranger Rick

2013 winnebago tour QD

Rick
I spoke with Steve at Gafney Freightliner (855) 253-0421 today about the harsh front end ride you continue to have. He assured me that Kirk Ault. (623) 907-6642 at Sterling Freightliner in Arizona which is much closer to you would find the cause and correct it.
Jesse
Old 02-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #249

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner arizona

Thanks Jesse, been to see Kirk Ault four or five times, great facility and staff. Unfortunately they have done everything they can to address my harsh ride and it still exists. I really appreciate you following up for me, thank you so much.

Ranger Rick
2013 Winnebago Tour QD
Old 02-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #250

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Jesse, been to see Kirk Ault four or five times, great facility and staff. Unfortunately they have done everything they can to address my harsh ride and it still exists. I really appreciate you following up for me, thank you so much.

Ranger Rick

2013 Winnebago Tour QD

Rick
Freightliner told me to load it like I use it when they set the ride hight.
I was 3/4 full of fuel and fresh water was full. Do you recall what your fuel and freshwater was?
Jesse
Old 02-15-2015, 08:38 AM   #251

Winnebago Owners Club
To be honest Jesse I really can't remember my tank levels when freightliner adjusted tag pressure and ride height. We are attending the good Sam rally in Arizona the end of February and I will make an appointment with Arizona freightliner and have them adjust with full tanks of fuel and water. Good info Jesse, hope it makes a difference. Can you recall what they set your tag pressure? Thanks again for your continued help.

Ranger Rick
Old 02-15-2015, 10:10 AM   #252

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
To be honest Jesse I really can't remember my tank levels when freightliner adjusted tag pressure and ride height. We are attending the good Sam rally in Arizona the end of February and I will make an appointment with Arizona freightliner and have them adjust with full tanks of fuel and water. Good info Jesse, hope it makes a difference. Can you recall what they set your tag pressure? Thanks again for your continued help.

Ranger Rick

Rick
Man! I really want you to experience what your rig is capable of. Please keep me informed.
JesseClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424016636.334763.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	86149Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1424016648.585079.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	86150

Tags
winnebago