Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 AM   #295

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I wanted to add the second awning on mine also. Last year when I was at the factory they told me when they built the newer coaches with the 2nd awning on them there is additional support built in the framing of the coach wall, and they would not do it to my coach. They did double check my coach to see if it could handle it and they still would not do it, Mine was one of the early 14s that did not have the 2nd awning. So I sit with one awning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2015, 03:02 PM   #296

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by seas2sail View Post
Larry - By now you've probably corrected the problem, but wanted to let you know I had a similar issue - talked with Tony F. at Lang Mekra technical support and we were able to confirm it was the camera that failed versus a wiring issue. You can get the Lang Mekra manual - http://www.lang-mekra.com/pdf/servic...ice_Manual.pdf
It describes how to remove the mirrors to access the camera connection. I swapped the connectors in the dash on the switch controller as you did, then I swapped the right and left camera and as suspected my left camera was bad. I call Tony and with the help of Tracy (sales at Lang Mekra) I was able to purchase a replacement camera since my warranty had expired.
Hope this helps you and maybe others who have had a similar issue.
Thanks seas2sail, I had put this on the back burner but your comment has gotten me back on point. I have done as you said and the manual was great help. New camera ordered today. (not cheap)
Thanks again,
Larvance
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 PM   #297

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Thanks for the kind words Ranger Rick. The slide control for the large passenger slide out is located in the cargo bay directly under the sofa.

Info from Schwintek:
Press mode button 4 times quickly, then press a 5th time and hold for approximately 5 seconds. The red led will start to flash, flash, flash. Break the seal on the cover over the stall force calibration hole. Directly below the sealed hole is a potentiometer. Using a small screwdriver to increase the stall force by turning clockwise, turning counter-clockwise will reduce stall force. Once the desired setting has been reached press the mode button and both led’s will light up. The board is now back in auto mode. It is desirable to increase the stall force only enough to insure proper functioning of the room.Increasing the setting beyond the amount needed only shortens system life.

Attachment 79071Attachment 79072Attachment 79073Attachment 79074

Jesse
Jesse,
I also have had similar slide problems and in reviewing one of your previous posts about stall force calibration, you said you have yours set on 20%. How do you determine what the % is that it is set on and the % is you have changed it to? Just by the amount you turn the dial?
Thanks, Larvance
larvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:08 PM   #298

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by larvance View Post
Jesse,
I also have had similar slide problems and in reviewing one of your previous posts about stall force calibration, you said you have yours set on 20%. How do you determine what the % is that it is set on and the % is you have changed it to? Just by the amount you turn the dial?
Thanks, Larvance

Hi Larvance
If I remember correctly the turn travel of the adjustment dial is about 80% of a full circle. So with my dial turned down to the left and then up 1/5 of the travel is at 20%.
I arrived at this by lowering the adjustment then trying the slide out.
Once the slide out would not complete its complete travel I then turned it up a little. This way if anything got into a bind it would stop and not self destruct. A higher setting than 20% may be needed.
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #299

Winnebago Owners Club
If you dump the black water and fail to get an empty reading try this:

Turn on the aqua hot to heat water and run the half bath sink hot water until the red flush light displays then turn off the water. Don't forget it.

Let sit for 30 minutes then dump.

Jesse
Old 07-05-2015, 12:45 PM   #300

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Jesse
My black tank reading has been not going below 1/3 for at least six months.
Do you think filling the tank is necessary or are we just loosening something off of a sensor.

Anyway, can't wait to try this. I didn't realize that 1/2 bath sink drained into the black tank. Does the rear also...or, does it drain to gray tank.

That explains why my 1/2 bath sink smells occasionally after long drives.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #301

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnteacherguy View Post
Jesse
My black tank reading has been not going below 1/3 for at least six months.
Do you think filling the tank is necessary or are we just loosening something off of a sensor.

Anyway, can't wait to try this. I didn't realize that 1/2 bath sink drained into the black tank. Does the rear also...or, does it drain to gray tank.

That explains why my 1/2 bath sink smells occasionally after long drives.
Hi Tnteacherguy
The crud inside the black tank can't take the heat.
You want to dump first so that you can completely fill with hot water.
The rear bath sink drains into the grey tank.
Not sure how you could do this with a GD unless something in the coach empties into the black tank.

Jesse
Old 07-07-2015, 12:42 PM   #302

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Well well. After three hot water flushes I have success.
Thank you Jesse once again for solving a problem you didn't know I had.

Hope all is well. Keep on posting....
Old 07-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #303

I know the grey tank comes up through the kitchen sink and the black comes up through the half bath sink (and waterfalls over and splashes everywhere and then goes down into the basement compartment below). Both great stories but I can't put them in print. I also found out that after I clean up the mess and spray the bathroom down with Lysol that the alarms will sound and it will take awhile to clear the air so they stop!
sawdustsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #304

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustsal View Post
I know the grey tank comes up through the kitchen sink and the black comes up through the half bath sink (and waterfalls over and splashes everywhere and then goes down into the basement compartment below). Both great stories but I can't put them in print. I also found out that after I clean up the mess and spray the bathroom down with Lysol that the alarms will sound and it will take awhile to clear the air so they stop!

Sawdustsal
That's learning how your plumbing works in a number two kind of way. Great story. now we know how important it is not to take our eye off of the flow.
Thanks
Jesse
Old 07-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #305

Winnebago Owners Club
Whirlpool Microwave GH7208XRS F2.Q1 error.

My fix was a loose plug in at the touch pad. Removed the door and dismantled, then unplugged and replugged the connections to the touch pad board. Re-assembled and has been working well.

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436992465.790815.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436992522.574369.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  69.7 KB
Jesse
Old 07-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #306

Nor'easters Club
I had the same code when I powered up after a few weeks. Stopped beeping and showing code after 24 hours of being powered up.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #307

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks ditto
My unit started out that way but got worse. It wouldn't work at all until I reset it. Eventually no matter what I did it wouldn't work at all.
Jesse.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:17 AM   #308

Nor'easters Club
Jesse, did you have to remove cabinetry to access and remove the door? Was the plug inside the door or inside the unit? Just getting ready ha ha!
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago