RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #757

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The reason you get low voltage is the intake grid heaters are coming on and off. They draw hundreds of amps. You will notice your volt meter on the dash cycling up and down as the grid heaters come on and off. Wait until the voltage stabilized above 13 volts.

Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2018, 01:14 PM   #758
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Both Ron's posts, (#754 & #757) are exactly correct.

Follow this and you will have success, and, not burn up motors from low voltage strain.....(not saying you weren't doing this Brutusiii, just sayin' Ron is correct.)

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:22 PM   #759

Its actually an odd problem. Front motor works, but back motor will not...keeps saying low voltage. Replaced the motor, control panel and control module. Symptoms continue with low voltage error. Now Im figuring the problem is closer to the battery. The bus starts without issue, but the generator, and now both slides seem to have issues with voltage. Is there a solenoid or a relay back toward the battery that could be causing the low voltage error?
Brutusiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:53 PM   #760

Winnebago Owners Club
The first pic shows hidden key to lock the bedroom sliding door for privacy.
Jesse
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8980AB55-CE7D-45A3-8E0E-206DF9034268.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	196052   Click image for larger version

Name:	1EBA52F1-9079-4C2A-A7BA-081A63BBBA6A.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	196053  

Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #761

I had been having similar issues with my front passenger slide. Another possibility is your coach batteries. Mine is a 2012 Tour 42QD and I recently replaced the coach batteries. The reason I did was that after recharging them from the winter storage I used a volt meter and measured the voltage at the terminals in the back drivers side engine area. They registered 10.4 Volts. But when plugged in the voltage at the panel displayed 12+ volts. I then pulled the old batteries from the compartment in the center of the coach. Found two of them would only measure 10.4V and the other 4 were at 12 - 12.5 volts. When my buddy at the NAPA store checked them, it confirmed the two were at 40cca vs the 800 they were rated for. The others were in the 400 to 500 range. After replacing the batteries the slides were like being on waxed runners, they moved faster in and out than ever since I purchased the coach new. The batteries in mine were NAPA Group 31 AGMs and when I compared them to the Lifeline 31 and others the specs were comparable.
I too had thought one of the motors were bad because it states that the the sensor is in the motor. I was going to replace the motor at this years GNR but after replacing the batteries everything is operating much better.
Since yours is a 2011 I thought you may want to check the batteries.
Hope this helps!
Bob
seas2sail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:26 PM   #762

Has anyone had an issue with the AquaHot 450D where the diesel burner light turns off one the main control panel in the coach and the system doesn't operate?
I tried the electric as well, the status lights on the panel of the AquaHot are green but just cold water from the faucets.
In advance, thanks for your help.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:06 AM   #763

Quote:
Originally Posted by seas2sail View Post
I had been having similar issues with my front passenger slide. Another possibility is your coach batteries. Mine is a 2012 Tour 42QD and I recently replaced the coach batteries. The reason I did was that after recharging them from the winter storage I used a volt meter and measured the voltage at the terminals in the back drivers side engine area. They registered 10.4 Volts. But when plugged in the voltage at the panel displayed 12+ volts. I then pulled the old batteries from the compartment in the center of the coach. Found two of them would only measure 10.4V and the other 4 were at 12 - 12.5 volts. When my buddy at the NAPA store checked them, it confirmed the two were at 40cca vs the 800 they were rated for. The others were in the 400 to 500 range. After replacing the batteries the slides were like being on waxed runners, they moved faster in and out than ever since I purchased the coach new. The batteries in mine were NAPA Group 31 AGMs and when I compared them to the Lifeline 31 and others the specs were comparable.
I too had thought one of the motors were bad because it states that the the sensor is in the motor. I was going to replace the motor at this years GNR but after replacing the batteries everything is operating much better.
Since yours is a 2011 I thought you may want to check the batteries.
Hope this helps!
Bob
That makes a lot of sense. I will replace mine. Do you have a recommended part number or brand?
Brutusiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 10:57 PM   #764

2011 Ellipse 42QD here.
Replaced all 6 of my original NAPA Group 31 AGMs last summer when I was in Oregon (no sales tax). I just purchased the same NAPA batteries (9837 I believe, need to look or find the receipt). The in-store price was actually significantly cheaper than online as I recall.

Just take a picture or two of the cable wiring before you start to disassemble. It's about a 1 hour semi-backbreaking job!
toddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutusiii View Post
That makes a lot of sense. I will replace mine. Do you have a recommended part number or brand?
Hi - the ones in my coach were the 9831DT = Dual Terminal because the connecting wire matrix from Winnebago used the 1/4 20 posts versus your standard battery terminal.

My local NAPA store was able to have them within two days.

They were $275.99 each.

If you purchase alot of items from NAPA I'd recommend joining the NAPA rewards program - good news is that you get alot of rewards bad news is you can only claim $5 at at time and that depends on what your purchasing.
Old 03-24-2018, 04:04 PM   #766

Quote:
Has anyone had an issue with the AquaHot 450D where the diesel burner light turns off one the main control panel in the coach and the system doesn't operate?
I tried the electric as well, the status lights on the panel of the AquaHot are green but just cold water from the faucets.
In advance, thanks for your help.
I've been able to do some additional troubleshooting thanks to Jim at AquaHot but still unable to get the diesel burner to light.

The first test was the controller thermostat - the one between the two high temp cutoff thermostats. I jumpered the two connections to bypass the thermostat. I then tried the system again - this time the Heating Status indicator was green. The electric heating element then began to work. However, the diesel didn't. I did on continuity check on the control thermostat and it was 'open', so I've ordered a replacement part.

Today I replaced the nozzle on the burner and keeping the control thermostat bypass in place I tried the diesel but to no luck. I also replaced the fuel filter before changing the nozzle.

Checking the controller pins they seem to have the correct voltage as described in the service manual.

Hoping that you may have some recommendations on how to continue to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #767

Winnebago Owners Club
Sam's Club has the Group 31 AGM 800 cca batteries with threaded posts for $179.99
XBoater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #768

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am planning to replace my batteries with VMAXTANK XTR31-135 135Ah AGM batteries https://www.vmaxtanks.com/XTR31-135-...ry-_p_176.html. The total cost with free shipping is a $1700.95 or $288.50 per battery. This increases the total capacity to 810Ah vs 600Ah stock.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 08:26 PM   #769
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ron, let us know how they work out for you, please.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:17 AM   #770

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Hi - the ones in my coach were the 9831DT = Dual Terminal because the connecting wire matrix from Winnebago used the 1/4 20 posts versus your standard battery terminal.

My local NAPA store was able to have them within two days.

They were $275.99 each.

If you purchase alot of items from NAPA I'd recommend joining the NAPA rewards program - good news is that you get alot of rewards bad news is you can only claim $5 at at time and that depends on what your purchasing.
Those are the same batteries I have in my 42QD. Do a search on the internet to fond the best price.

Tags
winnebago