Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2019, 09:00 AM   #883

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Gordon
My controller is in the water pump compartment on the upper right way in the back. Attachment 260445Attachment 260446
Jesse
Thanks. Will be looking for it this morning.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #884

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

In January my dash AC was not cooling as well as it had so after checking, it was short on 134a. I added a small amount along with a leak detecting dye. It worked better until May and the stopped cooling all together even after adding freon.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0785.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	260900Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0786.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	372.5 KB
ID:	260901Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0787.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	260902
With a black light you can see where it had been leaking at the hose to compressor nut.
Vibration over time can cause them to loosen.
I decided to replace the compressor, dryer, and the expansion valve to be sure I didn’t miss anything. I also flushed the ac lines from rear to front with acetone. After seeing what came out it was a good move. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0781.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	260904Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0780.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	321.9 KB
ID:	260905Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	326.4 KB
ID:	260906 after replacing the new parts and sealing the system I pulled a vacuum for two hours, added the correct amount of freon and oil. Not a bad idea to clean the condenser fan located forwarding of the drive axel. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0782.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	342.4 KB
ID:	260907.

Conclusion
Parts were very responsible
Blows colder than new.
Weighing the installed Freon with a $39.00 scale from staples took all guessing out.
Good idea to run the dash AC at least monthly to keep the seals lubricated.

Readers:
this rig is not one to take lightly getting under without adequate Suport. If the airbags dump it can crush you.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 PM   #885

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Need Help

Can't figure out how to start a new thread so hit the reply button.

I screwed up today and now I'm I dead in the water. Upon leaving the fuel station today, noticed the step was down and would not retract. Stopped the coach and could not get the step to retract. Open the fuse panel (on the DS) to look for a possible loose wire or bad step. Since i forgot to switch off the main chassis switch it caused a spark/short and now I have no dash light, or way to start the engine. I checked all fuses on the DS, front and back including the 300amp in line fuse and all have continuity. Called Freightliner and we swapped a number of the relays related to ignition with other relays that matched the specs, like left turn signal etc still nothing. Moved the coach (house) wiring harness, to the Chassis Switch and it lit up so to me, says the switch is not the problem. Any additions ideas would be appreciated. Thank You!!
marco1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 07:17 AM   #886

Winnebago Owners Club
2013 Tour tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco1b View Post

I screwed up today and now I'm I dead in the water. Upon leaving the fuel station today, noticed the step was down and would not retract. Stopped the coach and could not get the step to retract. Open the fuse panel (on the DS) to look for a possible loose wire or bad step. Since i forgot to switch off the main chassis switch it caused a spark/short and now I have no dash light, or way to start the engine. I checked all fuses on the DS, front and back including the 300amp in line fuse and all have continuity. Called Freightliner and we swapped a number of the relays related to ignition with other relays that matched the specs, like left turn signal etc still nothing. Moved the coach (house) wiring harness, to the Chassis Switch and it lit up so to me, says the switch is not the problem. Any additions ideas would be appreciated. Thank You!!

The coach and chassis are powered from battery’s through on/off contactors operated by the on/off switches. Check that you have power going to them. Are they clicking?
That would explain why you can switch the harness and you have power.

Your step will work with both the chassis and coach battery switches off/ separate issue
The failsafe is no matter what , your step should retract when you turn the ignition on but it didn’t. I would guess bad step motor.
Jesse
Old 09-20-2019, 07:34 AM   #887

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The coach and chassis are powered from battery’s through on/off contactors operated by the on/off switches. Check that you have power going to them. Are they clicking?
That would explain why you can switch the harness and you have power.

Your step will work with both the chassis and coach battery switches off/ separate issue
The failsafe is no matter what , your step should retract when you turn the ignition on but it didn’t. I would guess bad step motor.
Jesse
Thanks Jesse, its been awhile. There is no noticabler clicking that results from hitting the switch. Do you know where I would find the on/off contactors operated by the on/off switches to check them for power?
Old 09-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #888

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Jesse, its been awhile. There is no noticabler clicking that results from hitting the switch. Do you know where I would find the on/off contactors operated by the on/off switches to check them for power?

The contators are located in the driver side front cargo behind the electrical panel. They click loudly. Have someone switch the coach
Battery on/off while you listen on the ds.

Then same with chassis.

If one does not click it is most likely missing 12 v power
Jesse
Old 09-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #889

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
The contators are located in the driver side front cargo behind the electrical panel. They click loudly. Have someone switch the coach
Battery on/off while you listen on the ds.

Then same with chassis.

If one does not click it is most likely missing 12 v power
Jesse
Thanks Jesse, when moving either the "coach" or "chassis" switches I do not hear clicking behind the front fuse panel but I do hear clicking in the back (on from both switches), next to the battery isolator. The clicking seems to be coming from the black Relays, which are labeled Load 14V/Coil 14V on/off. On. also when I put the step switch in the setting to open and close with the door it is now working.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:18 PM   #890

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks Jesse, when moving either the "coach" or "chassis" switches I do not hear clicking behind the front fuse panel but I do hear clicking in the back (on from both switches), next to the battery isolator. The clicking seems to be coming from the black Relays, which are labeled Load 14V/Coil 14V on/off. On. also when I put the step switch in the setting to open and close with the door it is now working.

You may have a toasted relay due to letting the smoke out. I would check the clicking relay first. 12v in / then 12v out when battery switch on.
Jesse
Old 09-21-2019, 10:55 AM   #891
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh my, escaped smoke. It needs to be sent back to Asia so they can repack it with more smoke. Good luck,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 10:43 PM   #892

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to RVtrader
HDMI cable replacement

My HDMI cable went bad to the main TV in the couch and needs replacing.

Any one every replaced theirs?
I just would like to know how it is routed up and across or down under

any advice i would greatly appreciate
RVtrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:32 PM   #893

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There may be a spare cable already in place. Look behind the matrix box for a cable with an end-protector on it - it may be red, yellow or blue.

If your QD is like mine the TV end of the cable is under the removable panel behind the TV (under the safe). You may have to fish the end out of an access hole where all the other wires route down into the space behind the fireplace.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #894

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Update: Problem fixed. After much testing, determined that the 150amp "Mega/AMG" located on the drivers side rear (under red rubber cover) was blown. Replaced the fuse and everything works. Not sure why the step didn't come in earlier but now does. If you want to carry any spare "Mega/AMG" fuses they can be found at O'Reilly's Auto for $4.99 each. Finding it to be a challenge to find the 15 amp square push button fuses in a stores.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #895

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Update: Problem fixed. After much testing, determined that the 150amp "Mega/AMG" located on the drivers side rear (under red rubber cover) was blown. Replaced the fuse and everything works. Not sure why the step didn't come in earlier but now does. If you want to carry any spare "Mega/AMG" fuses they can be found at O'Reilly's Auto for $4.99 each. Finding it to be a challenge to find the 15 amp square push button fuses in a stores.

Hey Mark
Happy to here it was something small and y’all are back on the road. Thanks for the update and the info that will help others
Jesse
Old 09-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #896

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, good to be moving again. Say..did you get the two emails I sent a few days ago? If not, may want to check your junk mail. Mark

Tags
winnebago