Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #1051

I was also told you could go over mfd by 5 but the voltage was important to stay the same.

I am wondering why the voltage is less than the unit specs wondering if it has previous been replaced. I would call manufacture and ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkahn View Post
Hey Brian, I think that will work if that's what was originally in there. As long as it's over 120v I think it will be ok. Same MFD, so should be ok. Any other opinions on this? I hope this works out for you.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #1052

Just curious, how many of us here still have a Schwintek slide mechanism on their coach?
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:45 AM   #1053

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Original Schwintek on bedroom slide.....
2nd generation upgrade on kitchen/lounge slide......
42QD model.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:05 PM   #1054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Original Schwintek on bedroom slide.....
2nd generation upgrade on kitchen/lounge slide......
42QD model.
Thanks, I should have clarified on the kitchen/lounge slide. Thats what I was referring to.

I dont think many have had issues with the bedroom.

My kitchen/lounge is still working, fingers crossed. I lube the thing at least every month or so but I still cringe when I use it.
loydt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:44 PM   #1055

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyland View Post
I was also told you could go over mfd by 5 but the voltage was important to stay the same.

I am wondering why the voltage is less than the unit specs wondering if it has previous been replaced. I would call manufacture and ask.

Brian, May be best to check your AC Model #. If it's the same as mine, I would go with the 250V just in case, maybe it's better quality? We know either one will work since your AC worked with the lower voltage cap. I checked the manual for my model # and it's the 250V capacitor.
Old 01-22-2020, 08:48 PM   #1056

Winnebago Owners Club
Have Power Gear replacement on my Kitchen/Lounge and cringe too. That's one heavy slide.
Old 01-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkahn View Post
Have Power Gear replacement on my Kitchen/Lounge and cringe too. That's one heavy slide.
So how do you tell if you have the power gear?
Old 01-23-2020, 09:58 AM   #1058

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Lippert/Schwintek bought out Power Gear, so it's all one company now days.
The replacement mechanism is the floating track, (not screwed to slideout wall)....it has teeth on it. It became standard issue on the '15 or '16 models.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:14 PM   #1059

We still have the original Lippert Schwintek slide mechanism on our kitchen slide but the bottom tracks are being torn apart. We have a June 1st appointment in Junction City to have the system replaced.
clhjsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:29 PM   #1060

I don't know if anyone covered this ( I read most of it ) but if you have a EC-30 on your Tour remove the wires off the shore sense transformer if you want the auto genset feature to work as it should.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 11:16 AM   #1061

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Can you share more info re: EC 30? Where did this recommendation come from? Thanks...
Old 01-28-2020, 06:35 PM   #1062

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv2Roam2 View Post
Can you share more info re: EC 30? Where did this recommendation come from? Thanks...
I had the same issue on my 15 Tour that I had on my previous excursion. In auto the generator would start, run 10 minutes shut down for 10 seconds and restart for another 10 minutes. When I had my excursion I found it after talking to Onan about my issues.

The problem is that the "shore sense " transformer is on the panel side not the cord side of the transfer switch so the EC-30 thinks the shore power has been restored and tells the generator to shut down. It takes 10 minutes because of a 10 minute minimum run time.

The way it should work in auto is if there is a loss of shore power and there is a call for a/c or low battery the genset should run. Problem is it sees it's own power and shuts down. Onan provided a work around on firmware 3.15 and later I think it was that allowed for a setting of shore sense before or after transfer switch because they kept being installed by the builders after the transfer switch causing the issue.

I was not able to change my setting because of old firmware so I had to locate the transformer and remove it so it would work properly when unplugged. I found my transformer installed on the back of the electrical panel, right where it was shown on the wiring diagram. I'm posting it here because I suspect all of them are done the same way. Many may think it is suppose to cycle that much and not understand how it is intended to work.

Removing the transformer from the circuit ( or if your software allows setting it for after transfer switch) fixes the issue of using auto dry camping. If you want it to back up the shore power the shore sense needs to be on the cord side of the transfer switch.
asuperheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 08:02 AM   #1063

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
We found metal construction debris stuck in 5 of the drivers slide rollers. Easy to remove and much better for your tile.

Jesse
. Hi Jesse, rangerrick22 here. I sent you a pm recently regarding sending me an email copy of your alignment and ride height specs when you had that done at Gaffney. Richardferrekk@cox.net. Having my annual service done in February and would like to share with Kirk Ault at Tollesfon Az. Freightliner. Would love to have the bottoming out issue lessened. Thanks.
Ranger Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #1064
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Regarding Lippert/Schwintek/Power Gear, our 2015 (2014) build date has the power gear rack and pinion floating rail for the kitchen slide and the Schwintek (snake) rail for the bedroom slide. Both rail systems use the Schwintek controller
------------------------
Just as a reminder

Here is what they didn’t tell me in the manual for an RV with Lippert controllers and power gear (electric) or Schwintek slides.

Never stop one and change directions as it messes up the memory. Always go full out or full in. If you have to stop make sure you continue in the same direction.

While extending or retracting, when the slide stops continue to hold the switch in that position for 5 seconds or longer. This keeps the motors aligned in memory.

------------------------
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago