Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 07:38 AM   #967

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
I'm waiting on the verdict about that myself. I've got a WGO service advisor doing some checking for me.
The Grand Tour 45RL is exactly the same as a regular Tour/Ellipse except for a couple feet added. It's still the Maxum chassis. As far as I know, (waiting to hear if there is a difference), the wheel wells, axles, etc, are all the same. The 45RL runs 295s on all wheels. I assume WGO upped the rears to accommodate the extra two feet in length, and possibly because of the side radiator.
When I know something definite I'll report back here.
Will be looking at this with interest. We are coming up to tires and would like to have the same size all around.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2019, 08:43 AM   #968

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I'm waiting on the verdict about that myself. I've got a WGO service advisor doing some checking for me.
The Grand Tour 45RL is exactly the same as a regular Tour/Ellipse except for a couple feet added. It's still the Maxum chassis. As far as I know, (waiting to hear if there is a difference), the wheel wells, axles, etc, are all the same. The 45RL runs 295s on all wheels. I assume WGO upped the rears to accommodate the extra two feet in length, and possibly because of the side radiator.
When I know something definite I'll report back here.
I had not thought about that. I took a look at the specs and there is a difference. The 45RL has a wheelbase of 291 inches. My 42QD shows a wheelbase of 279 inches. However I would think the offset betwwen the rear wheels would be the same. I will need to do some reserach with Freightliner and Winnebago. Thanks.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:23 AM   #969

Winnebago Owners Club
https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc....5-295-75r22.5Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1554.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	268896
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 02:40 PM   #970

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the chart Jesse. What do you think? Think it's doable?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #971

Here is my modification and additional of additional weep hole covers i filled in the gap area with scotch bright scrubbing pads i cut them down and siliconed them in place i added a little to the prongs and sealed the top and front.

Wind noise pretty much gone.

Here is pictureClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_101003.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	318.6 KB
ID:	268934

I went to the truck wash after i made the modification and verified they drained well
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM   #972

Now how do these lights turn on and what fuse controls them?

I believe there is a switch on the light side that read aux light that is suppose to light up when you flip it mine does not so i assume the fuse is popped but which fuse or is there some other way they turn on?

Attached is the lights i am referring tooClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191208_173857.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	317.5 KB
ID:	268937
Old 12-08-2019, 04:17 PM   #973

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Bill - I think it would be alright. Only thing I do not know about would be the sidewall separation between the drive tires. If we could find out if the 45' has the same rims we should be good on all fronts.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:12 PM   #974

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Electra
Not sure.
I would also have to get with Freightliner and Winnebago to feel good about making the change. For now I opted to replace with with the same size and make as original.

Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 08:41 PM   #975

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyland View Post
Now how do these lights turn on and what fuse controls them?

I believe there is a switch on the light side that read aux light that is suppose to light up when you flip it mine does not so i assume the fuse is popped but which fuse or is there some other way they turn on?

Attached is the lights i am referring tooAttachment 268937
Blaine, those are your fog lights if I'm not mistaken? They should turn on by pushing IN on your headlight on/off switch. That's how mine, Jesse, and Gordon's works......and being your Journey is a 2013, I'm sure you have the same switch. You should see a green icon on the instrument cluster indicating they're on.
If they're not your fog lights, disregard my answer.
BTW, great mod on the weep hole covers.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #976

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Gordon & Jesse,
Yes, I agree and for the moment erring on the side of caution. The rim size and sidewall clearance between duals, along with wheel well clearance is what I'm waiting to get a final verdict on also.
It should work without issue if those variables check out. My only other concern, though not potentially disastrous really, is a change in speedometer accuracy. I'm almost sure there would be, when referring to Jesse's chart, noting the difference in revolutions per mile between the two tires.
I suppose a tweak in the chassis software would remedy that easy enough?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:41 AM   #977

Quote:
Blaine, those are your fog lights if I'm not mistaken? They should turn on by pushing IN on your headlight on/off switch. That's how mine, Jesse, and Gordon's works......and being your Journey is a 2013, I'm sure you have the same switch. You should see a green icon on the instrument cluster indicating they're on.
If they're not your fog lights, disregard my answer.
BTW, great mod on the weep hole covers.
I give it a try tonight.

On the weep hole covers i found later ones i cut the pieces larger and stuffed them in a bit tighter even worked better.

Something I was going to add i use a sealant called M1 Adhesive sealant it works much better than silicone does not degrade with weather or time. I eternabonded and M1 all joints on the 2002 motorhome 10 years ago still looks just like i put it on yesterday. I wanted to say this because i also used M1 on these not Silicone for the same reasons on these. I am passing this along because it is used more in Commercial flat roofing so it is not as widely known in the RV business but some recent units i have seen them use M1(or Like) sealant it is much better than the Dicor type self leveling stuff and is pretty much a 1 and done product. Just in case anyone is interested. If not use silicone for this modification.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #978

How is this for chasing a leak? I fought a leak somewhere up on our flat fiberglass roof all summer. I recaulked every opening, replaced the AC gaskets (2), Raised up my solar panels and recaulked the feet, replaced caulk around every vent opening and still had a leak!
Water would show up on inside cabinets on both sides of the coach.
Finally, after caulking for a second and sometimes third time I had almost half a tube of caulk left so I told myself "why not use it up because it will just harden in the tube and be wasted" so I used the remainder and sealed all around the housing base of my King Dome satellite dish.
Wonder of wonders!!! The leak is gone!!
NITEHAWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #979

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Gordon & Jesse,
Yes, I agree and for the moment erring on the side of caution. The rim size and sidewall clearance between duals, along with wheel well clearance is what I'm waiting to get a final verdict on also.
It should work without issue if those variables check out. My only other concern, though not potentially disastrous really, is a change in speedometer accuracy. I'm almost sure there would be, when referring to Jesse's chart, noting the difference in revolutions per mile between the two tires.
I suppose a tweak in the chassis software would remedy that easy enough?
I am not particularly concerned about the change in speedometer. I have a Gold Wing and the speedo is in Honda Miles (about 10 under) so I rely on a Garmin Zumo for speed. I use the Rand McNally in the coach. Currently it is very close to the speed on the speedometer.

Most of the time I am in cruise. I have the GPS warning me of speed at 6 over (RV Tools/Warnings/Speed Limit Warning). Set at 5 over, warns at 6.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:11 PM   #980

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITEHAWK View Post
How is this for chasing a leak? I fought a leak somewhere up on our flat fiberglass roof all summer. I recaulked every opening, replaced the AC gaskets (2), Raised up my solar panels and recaulked the feet, replaced caulk around every vent opening and still had a leak!
Water would show up on inside cabinets on both sides of the coach.
Finally, after caulking for a second and sometimes third time I had almost half a tube of caulk left so I told myself "why not use it up because it will just harden in the tube and be wasted" so I used the remainder and sealed all around the housing base of my King Dome satellite dish.
Wonder of wonders!!! The leak is gone!!
Funny you mention the satellite we have monstrosity on ours i never use satellite and was going to to remove it when i had i chance well as soon as i got home from AZ sure enough we got some rain and there was a small water leak almost directly below the dish well i only had one evening to work on it so i removed the dish portion left the base in place put eternabond all the way around the base and sealed all point with white M1 leak gone. At some point when the weather is not bad i will remove that thing completely.

i will do the same thing around each vent the air units have there own seal i ad a bead below them as well.

Tags
winnebago