Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago Tour vs Revolution

We went to a dealer show today and they had the Tour 42QD and a Fleetwood Reveloution LE 42T

Price wise they we;re fairly similar but they sure we're pushing that the Revelotution was superior in construction.

Well that could be true I will say the Tour wins out over fit and finish and interior amenities. Also have to give the edge to the Tour on the floorplan too.

Was wondering on others opinion on the Revolution LE, although (this was the first time we saw one up close) I do know that DW's vote is definitely for the Tour/Ellipse but we still prefer the 40CD to the 42QD.

Although if I suddenly won some money my arm could be twisted to the 42QD.

Also did not like having a tile floor in the bedroom area.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Did they have examples of when it was superior? I think they may have been pushing it harder because there may have been some kind of salesperson incentive from the manufacturer making the sales person more money on the FW.
forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You'll see it in this forum time and time again: Floorplan always wins.

We've had our Tour for 3 years now and we love it.
RVing for 19 years & 150,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

We looked at the tour and hr scepter ended up with revolution it's all your personal preference.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest View Post
Did they have examples of when it was superior? I think they may have been pushing it harder because there may have been some kind of salesperson incentive from the manufacturer making the sales person more money on the FW.
The main difference was independant front suspension,
Supposedly a heavier and stronger frame with less flex.
Side radiator instead of rear.
305 instead of 275 tires
1250 ft lbs torque
2-2000 watt puresine inverters.

These we're the main differences that I can remeber,

Although have to agree with my wife on this one we'll spend a whole lot more time parked than travelling so have to agree that floorplan has to be the main consideration.

Trap
Old 01-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Should also add one big strike against the Revolution was that the gray tanks we're only 60 gallons, which is just over 1/2 of the Winnie.

Trap
Old 01-25-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

So a Winnie can hold 120 gallons grey 120 black and 240 fresh that's a lot of stuff. I have 295 tires 1200 torque and 400 horses.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I hate to break someone's bubble, but the freahwater tank on a 42' Tour is 90 gal, the gray tank is 105 and the black tank is 53.
I would rather have a 450hp/1250ft/lb torque Cummins in my coach than a 400hp Cummins. Especially a 42' coach. The IFS and the side radiator are a major plus. Winnie is missing the boat in the 42' class A coach.
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I kind of like my cat. With my side radiator and I guess 40ft will have to do no need to lie about how long it is.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We were at the Tampa show a few weeks ago and did a walk around comparison. I'm a little partial to the FW in the first place. However, side radiator is a major item on my list no matter if it is parked most of the time. Floor plan is great for the DW, but I try to do most of my own maintenance and accessability is a major factor with less debris in side radiator and less likelyhood of damage from flying objects.

Asside from that, the price they had on the Revolution & Tour in Tampa, the Tour won out.

Dave
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raca-roni View Post
I hate to break someone's bubble, but the freahwater tank on a 42' Tour is 90 gal, the gray tank is 105 and the black tank is 53.
I would rather have a 450hp/1250ft/lb torque Cummins in my coach than a 400hp Cummins. Especially a 42' coach. The IFS and the side radiator are a major plus. Winnie is missing the boat in the 42' class A coach.
The 2011 Tour has 450 hp and 1200 ft lbs. of torque. Yes the IFS and side radiator would be nice. But my wife had a hard time with the Rev when she saw the flimsiest shower door that we've ever seen and the 1/2 bath door was plywood with some molding on it that rattled like crazy.

Her exact words we're no way would I spend that kind of money with stuff like this in it.

As for tank size I was looking at the 40CD (which is the one we'll most likely get)
It has 90 fresh, 54 black and 117 grey

Revolution tanks sizes are 100 fresh, 40 black and 60 grey. I personally think the black and grey are to small for our needs and dry camping occaisionally.

Trap (Have to keep momma happy)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Rooster,
For your information I just sold a 42' coach so I have a good idea what one is like with a side radiator, IFS, engine brake etc. and other options.
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

I believe the topic was tour verse revolution everyone has a opinion I read prev. Post and don't think I cut down Anyones coach but I did see flimsiest and rattling someone posted about revolutions You like yours I like mine and everything is fine.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Sorry folks wasn't trying to create any problems here, was just trying to get a feel for the Revolution as that was the first time we saw one.

I will admit that I think the Tour has the Rev beat on the interior, but I think drive train and a few other fact give the Rev the edge on frame and drivetrain.

Rooster I was just trying to make a point of a couple of items that we easily noted when we looked at the Revolution. Now this is just my personal opinion, but I think for a few K more spent on the interior the Rev, could be a winner in this race.

However we we're at another RV show today and my wife got to see the 40cd Tour again today, and I no longer think anything I say will have any bearing on what we get expect "yes dear"

I will say I think I would be quite happy having either of these coaches.

Trap
Old 01-31-2011, 04:18 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

I'm surprised this has not already been mentioned but, I would certainly give the edge to a manufacturer with some financial stability.
Old 01-31-2011, 04:51 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

when did the revolution start offering ifs?
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjim View Post
when did the revolution start offering ifs?

I can't answer that, but I distinctly remeber the rep saying it had IFS and the side radiator, which I could see, but I didn't crawl under to check the suspenision

P.S.Just checked there website and I didn't see any mention of IFS on there chassis section.

Trap
Old 02-13-2011, 02:40 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

I just bought a Tour

2007 36 ft and am very happy with it, that being said, I have only had it for 2 weeks, 2007 with 9900 mi on it, so we'll see

Andy
Wxman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

The Revolution is not IFS. Checking specs on the Winnebago site is a bit confusing, but it appears if you order a new Tour, you'll get the 450 Cummins, earlier production '11s came with the 400. It also appears the holding tanks are bigger in the Tour, depending on which floor plan you go for. Maybe important if you do a lot of boondocking?

Now, that said, we purchased the Revolution (all electric). The floors are 4" thick, the frame is super strong and powder coated after all the floor and storage bay bracing structure is done. The side radiator, easy access to service points, it came with 8 AGM batteries...

There are a lot of other 'detail' differences too numerous to list here (I didn't like the stove or sink covers, for example, on the Tour / Eclipse), you'll have to do your own research. In the end, it comes down to personal tastes and expectations. Both are nice coaches, and we briefly considered both (the Eclipse QD, we liked it better than the Tour), but the final nail in the Eclipse's coffin, if you will, was a snide sales rep. It fell off the short list after that.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

A friend of mine was all set to buy a new revolution at gregge in tn. He went there to close the deal and pick up the coach but when they pulled in the slides he couldn't get down the center aisle. There was only 16inches width when closed up. He decided to keep his 05 revolution and called the deal off.
gmanatl is offline   Reply With Quote