RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 10:50 AM   #1

Winnie Forza vs Newmar Ventana LE vs Tiffin Allegro RED

We are looking to purchase our first class A, and initially I had narrowed it down to Newmar and Tiffin. However, after seeing a Forza at the DFW RV show, I'm considering adding it to the final 3 list. We would be using this for 3 month trips throughout the US, and some Canada. Therfore, I've narrowed our criteria to a used DP, 30-36', 5 years old or newer.

I'd love to hear from others who considered these class A DPs. What caused you to go with one over the other? Any regrets? Any ah-ha moments?

DRM901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2019, 02:55 PM   #2

Found our `13 Ventana 3433 in 2016. Had looked at RED 33aa but liked the VTDP layout a lot better. Also didn't like / want the L sofa in the RED we looked at and dlr wasn't willing to do any furniture swapping to make the deal so we walked.
Have been very pleased w the Ventana.

Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:03 PM   #3

We looked at all 3 of these models, but in the end we ended up buying a Journey. 2 things I didn't like about the Forza was the straight rails ( cut into the storage), and only available with the 340 HP engine and Allison2500.
'13 Ram Laramie 3500, Aisin auto,4:10, Reese adapter and 20K hitch, '10 HitchHiker 36LKRSB
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 10:26 PM   #4

We bought a 2018 Forza 38f in December. We upgraded from our 30 ft Monaco gasser. Husband loved the 40 ft diesel pusher and I loved the stacked washer/dryer that wasn't in the bedroom or bathroom. We looked at both the Ventana and the Red, but the Forza was the only one that had everything that both of us needed in a new coach. We're full timers so the spacious inside was important. The 50 in flatscreen on a pivot arm, bath and a half, king bed, everything we needed. We love it.
megthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:20 PM   #5

Thanks for your insight. We also weren't too happy with the L-shaped sofa. I went back and researched the engine/ trans in each, and I can sure see why you went with the Journey. Just not too sure I want to go to the larger rig for a first time RV. A LOT of RV behind you. But the storage could be an issue since we are not the best at only taking what we absolutely must have with us.
DRM901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:17 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM901 View Post
Thanks for your insight. We also weren't too happy with the L-shaped sofa. I went back and researched the engine/ trans in each, and I can sure see why you went with the Journey. Just not too sure I want to go to the larger rig for a first time RV. A LOT of RV behind you. But the storage could be an issue since we are not the best at only taking what we absolutely must have with us.

If the concern is driving it, I donít think you will notice any difference between 35 ft and 40 ft. My very first RV was my current 41 footer. Was scary initially but you get used to it pretty quickly. 35 ft has slight advantage in access to RV sites, but I havenít had any issue going where I want with my rig.
mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The rigs you listed are my top three rigs as well. Though there may not be much difference driving a larger rig, there sure is in parking, especially at a national or state park. We ended up with a Forza due to getting the best deal. Personally, I think all three will be great for three month trips.

Good luck in your decision processes!
Old 03-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Another consideration is which Allison transmission is used 2500 vs 3000. That will affect what size toad you can pull if it was me I would require the 3000. I know the newer Tiffin Reds have that. Not sure of the others.

mricet1005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allegro, newmar, tiffin, vent, ventana