Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Wiper blade refill

I need to replace my windshield wiper blades with two refill blades. No one seems to carry them including the Winnebago factory in Iowa. I need two 24 inch refill blades for my 2003 Adventurer. Is there some other name brand blades that can be bought at auto part stores or at walmart that will fit? I will need a part number to do this. Thanks for your help.
Ken & Joyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Wiper Blade Refill

I have recently spent countless hours trying to find wiper blade refills for my 2005 Winnebago Journey 39F. Previously, CarQuest had refills (Part No. 755-240) but they now contend that they can find NONE in the United States. I took the wiper assembly to a Napa store and they said they didn't have anything to fit (their Part no. is 75-240). I have sent emails to TruVision (Part No. TV6-24) and they have not replied.

Finally, I called Freightliner and talked to the parts guy. He said that Winnebago supplied the wipers and they had no refills. They tried all the parts numbers with no success.

As much as I hate to, it might be necessary to buy the entire assembly at Camping World unless anyone has better insight or experience.

Daniel C. Ellis
2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
Portland, Oregon
dcellisesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Seems like these things are getting hard to find quickly. I took a pair off of a bus at my local pick-a-part auto yard. MTA in L.A., ca is starting to salvage out the 90's buses.
J
GOLDWINGER2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem about 3 weeks ago. I ended up going down to my local Farm&Fleet and purchased blades and the assembly that holds them onto the wiper arm but not the wiper arm itself. The brand is "Max Vision" and the mfg sku above the bar code on the package is MXV241. I had to undo the nut and bolt that held the old holder assembly onto the wiper arm and then blot the new assembly onto the arm but that was not a big deal. If I remember correctly it was about $13.00 for two of them, and hopefully I will be able to find just a replacement blade next time that will fit the new holders I put on. About 4 days after installing the new ones we were caught in a real downpour and had to drive in very heavy rains at night in the dark for about an hour. The new blades performed great and we were thankful we had installed them.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Bought my blades at Wally World. Standard automotive blades and filed the rivet heads on the sides until they fit the assembly. Work great and no problems.

Good luck
Old 09-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

If your looking for Tru-Vision tv6-24 blades you might try here:

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...lades-TV6.html
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Same here Wally World. Installed 2 years ago and still going strong. Drilled out a rivet and they fit perfectly. Purchased 2 pairs so I have a backstock.
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

I get 24" blade refills for mine at AutoZone. Sometimes I have to ask at the counter because for some reason they keep the refills in the back, and only put the complete blade assemblies out front ($$$ issues perhaps?). Mine take Anco U-24R 610mm.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I bought refills by LEXOR that are labeled ' 11" to 28". cut to fit '.

Amazon.com: Lexor Rubber Inserts for Original Factory Wiper Blades Profile "A": Automotive

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Wiper Blade Refills

Since my last post on this subject, I have continued to try to find wiper refills for my 2005 Journey. As suggested above, I contacted Auto Zone who informed me that they do not carry ANY wiper refills whatsoever.

Realizing that I probably was going to have to replace the entire wiper blade, I checked prices which ranged from $24 - $28 ea. plus shipping (Trico and TruVision). Then I noticed that the OEM was "Dyna" and started a search for them.

Bottom line, refills for Dyna wipers apparently do not exist but the total replacement blade is. My search led me to Transportation Accessories Co.
(.: TAC :. Transportation Accessories Company) who carry all Dyna blades (they supply a lot for school busses).

Cost for the 24" OEM blade (Part No. BD52147) is $14.40 ea. (this is the entire wiper blade) plus shipping.

I'm tired of looking so I order two blades from these people. Perhaps this will help others who are also exhausted from the search.

Daniel C. Ellis
Portland, Oregon
Old 10-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Don't know if they will fit your Coach but I just bought 28" replacement arms from Costco, $9.00 and buy 1 get 1 free.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I get mine from Napa. The part number is; 60-2480. Mine are 24" and fit exactly as OEM with included hardware. Cost per blade was $18.21, I cover mine when not driving with 1/2" pipe insulation cut to fit
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Dcellisesq, you stated that you checked with NAPA and they have a part number but did not have the refills. Do you mean that they did not have them in the store? Did they try to source them from their warehouse system? In the past I have gotten refills from NAPA for my Dyna wipers but they never have them in the store and always have to get them from their warehouse system.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

FWIW This year, got the last 2 refills from the local NAPA, he said refills are no longer available and would have to buy complete blade assembly. $$$
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
FWIW This year, got the last 2 refills from the local NAPA, he said refills are no longer available and would have to buy complete blade assembly. $$$
Yep, that is what my Napa jobber said too
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Wiper Blade Refills

Navy Flyer - The part no. I used at the NAPA store (75-240) was gleaned from researching this issue in the archives. I took the entire wiper blade to a NAPA store and asked for a refill, noting that perhaps the part no. was 75-240. They said they didn't have anything to fit. I even telephoned a different NAPA store and used that part no. and was again told that they no longer stocked that part. So I ended up buying the replacement wipers from Transportation Accessories, as noted above.

Daniel C. Ellis
Portland, Oregon
Old 10-03-2010, 04:25 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

I bought a couple of sets from NAPA but they had to get them from the warehouse and I had to pay freight. That was about a year ago.
} Wiper Blade Refill
Trico # 75-240
NAPA # WIP602480

From Trico’s Website:
Wiper replacement for 2005 Winnebago Journey
Type Part Number
BLACK BLADE 68-241
TRICO REFILL 75-240
O E REFILL 75-240
WINTER BLADE 37-245
Hope you find this useful
Ron
Here's a link:

Trico RV Blades

Old 10-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for that Trico link. I can't find blades (whole unit) that has the right holes so this should help. Curious that they don't have anything later than 2007. But, doubt that anything changed for a 2008.