Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wire hanging loose

I have a 2004 Winnebago Journey. I had the auto AC worked on and the Generator repaired (it was removed and reinstalled. I opened the front access door today and there was a wire hanging loose. It is a two-wire configuration that ends in a two-barrell connector. I followed the wire. It emminates from the top of the access door and goes aft into oblivion. The hanging end is about 4 feet of wire. I searched for a compatable connector that it would connect to.

I removed the outer protective plastic cover of the wire. There is a white wire and a yellow wire with numbers. can someone troubleshoot and figure out what this goes to by the numbers.

white wire 145394-01 <R> WM
yellow wire 145394-01 <R> WL

It is a 30 mile trip to the Cummins place. Plan B is to drive it over and let them figure it out. I am assuming that they disconnected this wire since it is near both the gen and the AC (condensor maybe) but I am not sure. I never saw it hanging inthe compartment before but i am still new to this RV. I'm sure somebody will know what it is far and where it goes. I tried to insert a photo but apparently i don't know how.
Thanks
Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01265.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	12274   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01266.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	12275  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01267.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	12276   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01268.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	223.1 KB
ID:	12277  

Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #2

I am fairly sure that is cable connects to your electric door lock which controlled by either the keyless entry or the door lock switch. It is obviously unlocked so if that is what it is for then you will not be able to lock it.

I recommend you download the wiring diagrams for your coach.
For a WKP39K: Table of Contents

For a WKP39W: Table of Contents

Winnebago user documentation access page: Manuals & Diagrams

Having all the information could save you a whole lot of headaches if you or a RV Tech needs the information. It's all free so it is a good deal.

In this case, I went to the very back of that PDF and looked up the signal names (WL and WM) which told me what they were for (Power Door Lock and Power Door Unlock)

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank You Dave

I talked to the Cummins folks. They told me that the wire was already disconnected and they didn't know what it was for. You answer makes sense. I searched every inch of the radius that the wire could reach. Since I DON'T have electric door locks, you answer solved my problem. I operated everything I could to see if something didn't work to give me an idea wht the wire went to. i assume it is part of a wiring harness that is just tied off if the original owner did not want that option. I love this site. So much knowledge. Thanks for giving your time to answer my question. I will download the electrical diagram. It would be of limited use to me, but I bet I would have been able to find this wire if I had known about the wire diagram.

Jim
Old 07-21-2011, 05:04 PM   #4

Glad I could help.
BTW - Former Submarine sailor. Been working with Submarine Sonar systems for the last 35 years.

Dave
Dave78Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I retired as an ADC in 1983. I retired from Boeing today. The RV was in storage for 2 years after the death of the original owner. Trying to get it into ship shape before its first op eval. We already did a couple of shake down cruises. It's almost ready for its ORI. Thanks again.