Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #1

Wiring problems

I own a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer on a W22 chassis. A 40 amp fuse on my HWH leveling system burned out. The jacks would not go down. I replaced the fuse holder and fuse, now the jacks work like they're supposed to. However, now I have another problem that really bothers me. Now my jacks down warning indicator, the antenna warning light, my rear view camera and the coach heater do not work. I have, for several hours, been trying to solve this problem. To no avail.

Any help in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.
CBChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 09:02 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Have you checked the fuses of the jack warning indicator, antenna warning light, camera and heater. If they are blown, do the below checks, before replacing fuses.

Since multiple items went out, could be a loose positive/negative connection at the battery, fuse block, or loose ground connection attached to the chassis. Tighten all connections.

Check the above wire connectors, and make sure the connectors are secured to the wires. If not, you'll need to re-crimp or solder the connectors.

Could, also, be a chafed wire on the same wires, above. Tape up the bad wires to get you going, again.

Rich
__03 15' Klamath SS w/30hp
r___r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You said you replaced the fuse holder and fuse.

Why did you, and how did you, replace the holder?

Normally you pull the fuse out and plug in a new one.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:11 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Just fixed this on my 01 Adventurer, the coach heater blower motor seizes and blows the fuse, the jack warning indicator, antenna warning light and back up camera are on the same fuse. there are a number of threads here on replacing the blower motor, it is a major PITA, if you are about 3 ft tall and weigh 75 lbs and are double or triple jointed you might be able to get it out. If not the remove the water heater first for easy access. I was able to soak the bushings on mine with Marvel Mystery oil and get it working again, Not sure why i went through all that as I rarely use the coach heater, you could just remove the wires from the switch, tape them up and replace the fuse so the other items work. Then if and when you fix the coach heater put it on its own fuse, like it should have been from the factory.
Old 12-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBChief View Post
I own a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer on a W22 chassis. A 40 amp fuse on my HWH leveling system burned out. The jacks would not go down. I replaced the fuse holder and fuse, now the jacks work like they're supposed to. However, now I have another problem that really bothers me. Now my jacks down warning indicator, the antenna warning light, my rear view camera and the coach heater do not work. I have, for several hours, been trying to solve this problem. To no avail.

Any help in solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.
the top right green 30a fuse on the under dash fuse panel controls my bu cam, coach heater, and other things.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 11:00 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
You said you replaced the fuse holder and fuse.

Why did you, and how did you, replace the holder?

Normally you pull the fuse out and plug in a new one.
I had the same problem. My fuse holder was destroyed and I had to replace it. It took some searching to find one beefy enough.

I had to wire it in, not hard.

2007 Forest River Lexington Ford E450 Chassis
bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, problems, wiring, wiring problems