RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cable input from the rear did not work. I ohmed out the wire and nothing -- not a bit of continuity. I bought another roll of rg6 and fed it in from the back.
Turns out they must have been short a peice at the factory and put two female connectors on the ends. One just above where the cable came into the front of the coach and one at the end of the next 8 ft section.
OK, but:
Problem was they forgot to put the connector inbetween the two male F connectors
No wonder there was no continuity.
Now there will be a one piece home run from the back to the front.
If I brought the coach in to the dealer to fix all these little things, I would have had use of it for about a week over the past year.

At least most of the service guys at customer service are willing to correct things. Maybe they should give workers Monday off lol, but then tues would become the new monday.

ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Cable input from the rear did not work. I ohmed out the wire and nothing -- not a bit of continuity. I bought another roll of rg6 and fed it in from the back.
Turns out they must have been short a peice at the factory and put two female connectors on the ends. One just above where the cable came into the front of the coach and one at the end of the next 8 ft section.
OK, but:
Problem was they forgot to put the connector inbetween the two male F connectors
No wonder there was no continuity.
Now there will be a one piece home run from the back to the front.
If I brought the coach in to the dealer to fix all these little things, I would have had use of it for about a week over the past year.

At least most of the service guys at customer service are willing to correct things. Maybe they should give workers Monday off lol, but then tues would become the new monday.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #3

Our house wiring (and we have a bunch of it) has not been problematic. The wiring problems (exactly two) we have had have been with the chassis.

One problem was the wiring connector to the fuel filter water sensor was not seated, and we kept getting a check engine light. The other problem (still active) is an intermittent right brake light. The problem is somewhere between the steering column and the brake light. Freightliner tried, but couldn't fix it (so far.)

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:42 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
At least house wiring is easy to fix

Sounds like you possibly have a bad splice in the feed to the brake light. I assume they checked brake switch. Shouldn't be a complicated fix, hard part is tracing out the feed as Winne uses the same colored wire.

Chassis wiring and troubleshooting can be a nightmare in this day and age although it was no picnic 20 yrs ago either. But there are more electronics which can give there own flakey hard to find problems. Plus,It seems like not all the techs at the dealers are willing to spend the time on the tough issues.
Case in point. I bought a dodge conversion van in 98 as a leftover. When he gas mileage went down from 15 hwy to 11 and they said nothing is wrong. NO trouble codes. The engine gave all signs of a bad TPS but they made me wait until the vehicle was dead in the driveway and had to be towed in before they would replace it. Cost them more money to repair because of the towing but since there were no "codes" they can't do any warranty work I guess.
Another issue with the interior lighting on the van I traced to a faulty relay before I brought it in. The guys at the dealer couldn't find it and I received a call telling me that they were stumped. I had to tell them where to look and what part was bad. Funny thing, I tried to tell them when I brought it in to save them time, but all I got was "The Mechanics will find it".
Except for a bad chassis battery from sitting in the lot for a long time, the chassis on my new coach, has been performing beyond my expectations so far.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #5

House wiring isn't necessarily a cakewalk.

Our Vectra exhibited a problem during the delivery walkthrough - but was so intermittent it took almost 2 years to find.

Problem: When hooked to shore power, one side of the DC would drop, stay off about 2 to 5 seconds, and come back on. The other side never dropped. An unexplainable gremlin was that when this happened, the Select Comfort mattress would go crazy (and it's 110VAC) and either fully inflate or deflate one or both sides!!

Solution: They finally found a loose ground buss inside the inverter. Since the repair, it has been flawless.

Note: I seriously believe this was also causing the coach batteries to randomly overcharge when on shore power. We've replaced the batteries 3 times in 2 years (one when we took delivery).

FMCA; WIT; FCOA; Good Sam; Passport
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote