RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2017, 11:32 AM   #1

DIRTY WATER Winnebago Adventurer 33

Hello IRV-2'
We recently purchased a 2007 Winnebago adventurer 33. While in use this week end dry camping. Dark grey, almost charcoal color at times, came out from the fresh water at the kitchen sink. The water would change from crystal clear to dark grey and back to clear again. Would anyone know what this is and perhaps how I can fix it?
Please help...

Thank you

FernG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Sound like a charcoal water filter coming apart. If it is only at the kitchen sink, look for an under sink filter.

2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:05 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's not the filter, just fill your tank and use a little bleach too. I have a canister filter outside that treats all the incoming water. When my water indicates it's stale or smelly I take the cartridge out and fill the canister with about 1 to 2 cups of bleach and top off with water. I then turn on my diverter valve to direct the flow into my tank. I run all the faucets till I smell bleach. I don't flush the mixture out, I just let it dissolve as I replenish water to the tank. I don't drink from my fresh water tank- only wash and flush the toilet when we're on the road.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:42 PM   #4

Oh my! Looks like a problem of not sanitizing the FW tank regularly. So, you have black mold?, sediment and funk in the tank and lines.

First thought is that there was a new charcoal filter installed and it wasn't flushed of all the "fines" they are loaded with. Makes the water dark, black, cloudy until they are fully flushed out.

If you haven't sanitized the system....it is time to do so. To clean the FW tank, lines and HW heater.

https://www.rvtrader.com/research/ne...v-water-system

https://www.sanidumps.com/sanitizerv...atersystem.php

Pretty easy but takes a few hours.

The HW heater has a drain plug / bung (brass plug) on the bottom. If you can tease that out you can drain the sediment and crap out of the tank and avoid pumping it through the water lines. It would be a good idea to replace the bung with one that has an anode to slow/stop galvanic action in the water system.

At the top of the WH there is a pressure relief valve. Got a lever on it. Flip the lever a couple times to be sure it is free working.

Once you have sanitized the system and flushed the system, clean the screen filter on the intake side of the pump. Caps usually unscrew and pull the metal screen to clean it. Replace all the water filters (if you have them) because they are now contaminated with funk and clorox.

Walmart has inline filters for your shore water hose. I call them 'blue weenie' filters. Always use one to filter out sediment and chemicals out of your make up water.
Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
If it was a moldy tank, discolored water should come out of all of the faucets, not just the kitchen faucet. Possible a moldy kitchen faucet line.
2016 Colorado Z71 PU
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventurer, vent, water, winnebago