Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Red face Going to 2010 GNR from Oregon. . . any help?

I am going to the first WIT 2010 rally at the factory. Any input on when I should arrive in the area and other activities for this rally. I have no idea what to expect. We cannot afford to come back east too many times so I appreciate your input on where to go pre rally and where to go post rally.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
JimO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
JimO...I am betting that you will have a great time at the GNR! You may want to let others know how much time you have to make the trip - both before and after the rally - it may help with the suggestions they come up with!

Safe travels & have a great time!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Smile Time I have for GNR trip.

I am retired now, and I don't think I want to be gone for over a month. This would be our first longer trip. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimO View Post
I am going to the first WIT 2010 rally at the factory. Any input on when I should arrive in the area and other activities for this rally. I have no idea what to expect. We cannot afford to come back east too many times so I appreciate your input on where to go pre rally and where to go post rally.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
I would and will arrive at least 1 week before the GNR to get to know the town and area. The Chamber of Commerce has a motorhome wash before the GNR. The Puckerbrush parade is not to be missed and it is before the GNR. Also I like getting factory work done before rather than during the GNR. Much more enjoyable to have service work done and can attend all seminars, enjoy evening get togethers, entertainment, etc. Check out the small surrounding towns such as West Bend, Ia., Britt, Ia. and others. Also next to the GNR area is Heritage Park, great fun and memories from the past.
Maybe we will see you there.
Only 1 month? Have you been to the Black Hills and other areas between Oregon and Iowa.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:06 PM   #5

What types of things interest you?

There are lots of different things to see and do between Oregon and Iowa ...

HISTORICAL: Lewis and Clark sites (in Montana, South Dakota, Iowa) , Little Big Horn Battlefield,
NATIONAL PARKS: Yellowstone, Tetons, Glacier, Blackhills, Devils Tower, Bad Lands, Rocky Mountain National Park
CULTURAL EVENTS: Pitchfork Fondue and Show in Medora, ND, The Cody Museum in Cody, WY (I give this museum *****), mineral springs in Thermopolis, WY, Wading across the Mississippi River at the headwaters in Itasca, MN, taking a boat rip on the Mississippi River at Lake City, MN ...

This should be enough to whet your appetite ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GNR Trip

Thank you. I think we are going to return going south instead of North for more sites to see. This is our first long trip so we are a bit nervous. We don't want to miss anything.

What is the earliest day that you can show up at the GNR and park the coach?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:37 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I would 2nd what Jerry J said. Arrive at least one week prior to the start on GNR. Sign up for any work you need done the first day. Get into section E (50 amp) if you can.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:29 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
By now you have received your packet from WIT that should answer most of your questions. Hope you have a good time and make some new friends.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
We are arriving on thursday afternoon as we did the last time we went was quick and easy checkin. Friday we visited downtown Forest City had dinner and just relaxed. It's fun to watch the large field change from a field to a city virtually over night. Tehy do offer some pre rally stuff but we just hang out. We will be in the New Jersey row come visit. did you say east? it's west to us. You'll have a great time I volunteer as a conductor on the trolly and do traffic.
vbugles
vbugles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #10

If you are goint to spend some time in the area, don't forget Clear Lake, IA. I generally stop there before and after GNR. DW likes the shops and restaruants and it's where Buddy Holly performed his last concert.

« Gnr 2010 | WIT News »