Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok a newbie here and I'm going to stir the pot. What is the purpose or reason for the National WIT? Sure we get a sort of nice magazine each month(not near as nice as FMC) and can go to the GNR. We joined in Jan of this year. 4 months later we found out about a state WIT and just joined it. Now we are told about a local WIT and are joining it. Each has their own dues and while not expensive it just seems way top heavy. Why wouldn't it go the other way? People join the local club, pay dues in one place, and are automatically enrolled in the state and national org. Just my rant you mileage may vary.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #16

I can just talk to Virginia. We have a state club and 6 chapters within the state club. To join a chapter, you need to be a member of the national organization. Once you join a chapter, you are automatically a member of the state club and a part of your yearly chapter dues pays your state dues.

As I understand, Virginia is one of the few states that is organized this way.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Indy Itasca,

WIT is a "not for profit" organization - I don't think FMCA is. You can be a member of WIT and not join a local/state chapter if you do not want to. You'll still be eligible to attend the GNR, caravans and rallies run by WIT.
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:03 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ding-a-ling:

WIT is a "not for profit" organization - I don't think FMCA is. You can be a member of WIT and not join a local/state chapter if you do not want to. You'll still be eligible to attend the GNR, caravans and rallies run by WIT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, yes, that's kind of my point. Other than the priveledge of going to GNR or paying big bucks to join a rally/ caravan, what does membership in the national do for me? Yet I must join the national to be a member of the state or local club. In addition I must join each of these seperately. Also, if I want to be in any of the special interest groups, I must pay them and join up. I have a hard enough time just remembering to lower the tv antenna before we depart, the inner workings of the local, state and national clubs are way too complex.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
It's only too complex by omission of information and lack of guidance.

To distill the real point I've been trying to make, I would like Winnebago to provide some resources to add another section to the WIT area of the Winnebago Industries web site would list the local chapters, their geographic areas and some contact information. Allowing a link to a local chapter's web site would a bonus. I'm pretty sure National WIT has this information already in hand.

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:05 AM   #20

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Having been a WIT member for quite a while, I would applaud any efforts to bring reliable WIT info to this forum.

As a past WIT chapter Secretary and Treasurer of a chapter that went belly-up, my experience has been that WIT National does not force the Winnebago dealers to review WIT info with a customer and the dealers are not required to even offer a free membership. Some dealers do, but not many will. We also found dealers only gave token support at rally's and stopped showing units at rally's.

In our case found we could not grow our chapter because the list of new owners was always 2 or 3 months old and when we tried to contact them they already had gone onto other RV interests or groups.

Then there is the problem with dues...WIT NAtional allows chapter and state dues to be too loose and does not set limits except on the overall WIT membership cost. It should be uniform for all.

Finally every WIT member should be receiving the monthly WIT news magazine which lists all National, state and chapter activities with contact names, phone numbers and email addresses as maybe available.

Overall WIT National could do a better job.

Sorry for my rant, but I needed to say it.

We remain WIT members looking for a good chapter.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:46 AM   #21
Administrator Emeritus

We here at iRV2 are willing to do whatever we can, in order to make it easier for members to connect with one another as after all, it IS about the members.

In that vein, if there's anything further can do to help facilitate a more efficient means of disseminating the WIT member information, we're all ears...

We would love to help any way we possibly can.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #22

Bob,

How's about geting the list of local chapters and contact information from WIT and maintain it as a sticky post in this forum?

Old 04-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #23

Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you need the Florida Winnie-Gators (State) and chapters link, I can get that for you. Just let me know.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:05 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Going into my 4th year as a WIT member I would like to offer up some observations here. I found out about my local chapter through the sponsoring dealership. I contacted them and made arrangements to go to the dealer's open house where both clubs the dealer sponsors were there. The one for my area seeemed to make an effort of welcome wife and I. Made arrangements to attend an outing and have been active ever since. Our chapter is one of the newest in the state and I am told one of the largest. We have an outing EVERY month. It seems that we hear of one or two new members at every monthly meeting. An effort if always made to get new members to join us to see if we are for them. Bottom line I think working with your dealership is a great first step. Our know the value of loyalty as I personally am on my second Winnebago product from them. I wouldn't even think of looking any place else. Okay maybe look but I will always come back to them before purchase.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicsryd:
Bob,

How's about geting the list of local chapters and contact information from WIT and maintain it as a sticky post in this forum? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll work on this....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 PM   #26

Perhaps each state president could give a list of chapters and the contact info to each dealer and ask nicely but strongly that it be included in the pile of papers you get when purchasing. I think alot of dealers would be interested in getting involved in rallies if nicely but again strongly asked. I do know there are alot of dealers that wouldn't get involved so make it a club project to help host an open house or something. Show the dealer you as a club are willing to pitch in and help and not just show up to eat.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #27

Our biggest success so far has been pushing it from the bottom up. We do weekend show and tells with a couple of the local dealers every year. Some of their sales folks actually belong to WIT and our chapter.

Old 05-21-2007, 02:35 AM   #28

We just concluded our first Virginia state meeting of 2007. Because the state executive borad thinks this issue is a problem, Virginia will be bringing this topic up at the GNR WIT advisory board. What Virginia would like to see is WIT sponsor a web hosting site where state and local chapters can maintain webpages to promote there chapters and events.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote