RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Winnebago International Travelers Club (WIT)
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #1

RV door problems

I have a 2018 Winnebago Aspect 30J and having door problems. For some reason the door stem that is screwed into the door frame is not lining up with the door lock assy. I have to slam the door to ensure the door stem catches the door lock assy. This problem has gotten so bad that one day I couldn't unlock the door. I had to have a locksmith fix the problem so I thought. The locksmith filed down the door stem. Looking at both the door stem and lock assy I see that they don't line up. I noticed that both the door stem and lock assy are both tight. I've even had a dealer look at this problem with no help. Does anyone have any ideas or do I have to visit the factory? Is the Oregon factory still doing service work?

Thanks for any help
Rod

rj_winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2019, 01:18 PM   #2

Are you referring to the "bolt" in the door jamb? It may be loosened with a wrench and moved up/down/in/out as required to align with the door latch. Make sure the door hinges are aligned properly and tight before adjusting the "bolt'.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:21 PM   #3

Door problem

Thank you for your advice. Yes I'm talking about the large bolt that's on the door frame that the door lock assy hooks on. My problem is that bolt only moves very little side to side and it doesn't move up and down.
rj_winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #4

I have had two FR campers that did this, one a TH TT and the other a 5th wheel, on both of them the wall material was not hollowed out enough, on the TH the tech beat it into submission with a punch which I didn't like and made him stop and use a small chisel, on the 5th wheel it was the same way, I used a dremel tool to remove the extra material on the 5th wheel, never another problem.
wildcatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:09 PM   #5

I had to adjust the bolt on my MH due to hard to close and lock seemed to stick. I wound-up moving the bolt outward so the door didn't close so tight. It seems to have worked well ever since, except wind noise increased.

There is a possibility the door does not fit properly (wind whistle). it may be torqued by two people to fit the opening better. The caution is- remove the window first to prevent it from breaking when the door bends.
I had asked the repair shop about a new door, I was told a new one might not fit any better than the present door, thus they torqued//bent it to fit better.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, ems, problem, problems

« Grand Tour 45RL | - »