Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Just signed up yesyerday, looks like fun. Since no schedule out yet, when do thungs at the rally actually get started? Also any big things happen at closing on saturday?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2017, 04:58 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
gnr schedule

mark

do not know why they will not update their website with the information. It has been out for quite a while, it is in the Wit Club Newsletter. I will make a copy and send it to you

jim
450 Cummins, Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
jimallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:21 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
GNR schedule

mark

go here:

http://witclub.com/images/media/news...ubGNR-2017.pdf

it will take a little while to download as it is 52 pages. Maybe they are trying to hold down attendance.
450 Cummins, Jeep Wrangler, Blue Ox
Old 05-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Quite a bit goes on at the pre-rally, which starts July 11. That's when many of the crafty classes occur. It's also a good time to meet your fellow attendees.
The rally starts off right away with seminars. etc. Also, please note that once the rally starts the gates are only open from 4-6 PM for parking your rig (except for those returning from service). Saturday after closing ceremonies is pretty quiet, mostly the 'motorhome indy' leaving the rally-grounds.

Skip Y
Journey 40TD
WIT 47083
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 02:14 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks all for the load of good information via the posts (you can't beat first hand information) and plus the good info from the GNR edition of the Wit News. I am wondering about the row party night how is that handled in the C-50 area where the people are not affiliated with a chapter or a state. Also we plan on reaching out to the NJ chapter to find out about the group and perhaps join. Will participants get a listing of what group is where? What do most people bring just for the Rally. It seems like it could be a big party if you want. It's my first National Rally and don't want to forget anything. BTW arriving Saturday around 1pm and leaving on Sunday late morning seems like it maybe too much time. The day before and after staying in Davenport just over a four hour drive away.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Robmat, this will be our tenth GNR (we either have a great time or we're in a rut - IT'S ACTUALLY THE FIRST CHOICE). Regarding your questions:
*those in c-50 don't normally put anything out for Row Party as they're not associated with a specific group. That means you can get to all the other States and enjoy their food!
*There is a street sign showing each State at the end of each row (on the boulevards). Look for NJ and introduce yourself. We're from Mich and our club has a listing of everyone attending from Mich and where they're located at the Rally.
*Evenings are very social, a big party. Many seminars and other activities during the day.
*What to bring - chairs.
*Arriving on Saturday at 1PM is a good time for parking, but it's too late for the Puckerbrush Parade downtown. A typical small town parade that's a lot of fun. The parade is followed by free root beer floats at Bill's, the local grocery.
*Leaving on Sunday gives you a day to 'decompress'. All events end Saturday AM.
Look for the Sign Crew work carts. Flag one down and ask for Skip. I'd love to meet you.

Skip Y
2010 Journey 40TD
WIT 47083
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:25 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I noticed the detailed schedules are now on the GNR Wit Club page. Just curious when the individual packets will be mailed to those attending. Any ideas - nothing on the website. Thanks.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They generally are in the WIT magazine, but when you check in at the gate they will give you all the material.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 09:40 AM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
I talked to Heidi at WIT, she says they don't mail out anything. You should have gotten an email confirmation however.
Old 07-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Wit gnr 2017

Question for those of you who have attended past GNRs. I checked cell coverage maps and it looks marginal around the rally grounds. Do the cell companies bring in any temp cell towers during the rally, or will we just be off grid?
Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhbike View Post
Question for those of you who have attended past GNRs. I checked cell coverage maps and it looks marginal around the rally grounds. Do the cell companies bring in any temp cell towers during the rally, or will we just be off grid?

I'm at rally grounds - cell service works, but spotty
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:48 AM   #27

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cell service

I am at rally grounds. Verizon cell seems fine, 2 or more bars. Wifi also works fine
Old 07-16-2017, 07:11 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Gnr17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmat View Post
Don, I should of responded earlier when I read your post. This is exactly the information that I am looking for. I signed up for one of the C-50 spaces figuring they were simply closer and as I didn't belong to any chapters yet figuring it wouldn't make a difference. This won't put me with the state row but at this point I really don't know them so being in a different section is fine with me. I plan on reaching out to the State Club and meeting them at the GNR and hopefully joining them after that.

A couple of questions if you have the time - Is the ground level? Is the ground soft? do I need boards or other support under the jacks? I have the plastic pads that go under the jacks if needed. Is the electric reliable? What do they do in severe weather? I just want to be prepared. I planned on staying and leaving Monday Morning to avoid the rush leaving on Sunday. It sounds like there isn't a rush on Sunday as most people have already left. I would mind leaving on a Sunday if I was able to get out by noon. My next stop is four hours away.
Morning
We arrived at rally site on Wednesday - came to forest city early to get warranty work done - can't say enough good things about customer service and Quality operation - they are working over time to get as many coaches seen as possible - I am so grateful and happy we came here and then to the gnr rally
Not much going on early , but we have enjoyed meeting neighbors and the forest city town - fully stocked grocery, a few good restaurants , great Winnebago dealer in town - lichtsinn with parts, shop and information and coaches on display

As far as rally grounds , we got lucky to be in handicapped section - my husband can't walk far or fast - site is gravel and level. We heard that other areas are not and soft. Good idea to ask for boards or bring your own

Electric is good and convenient - we already helped our neighbors with a smaller coach hook up to water and fill their tanks - no problem at all , but we did need about 200' of hose
I agree with other comments that coming with a group is much more fun - im sure we'll be busy starting Tuesday but so far not nuch to do however, as I said before, coming early for service worked out very well for us
Joanne and jim denny
Journey 17
The villages fl
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote