Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #1

02 Mountain Aire Limited 4371 - new to us

Hello folks,

What a great community of Newmar owners. Thanks in advance for your advice and comments.

We just got our coach and there are a few things we need to sort out to make things better. Hope somebody has the knowledge to point us in the right direction. Love the layout. This is the one that became the Essex Oxford 4371 in 2003.

The dash A/C does not blow cold air. The system is full of freon but the compressor in the back dose not start when the dash switch is moved to A/C or Max A/C. Is there a way to test if the compressor it good and maybe a sensor is the trouble ?

The roof A/C cold air and intake distribution system sure is different in both the lounge and bedroom. I want to install some ceiling mirror medallions and was wondering if anybody has an idea where the ceiling joists or supports are that I can anchor the medallions in. Does anybody have a diagram of how the stacked chambers of the A/C system run? How wide ? Where they start, stop,etc ? Maybe some dimensions and relative positioning ?

The lounge entertainment are with the chair and A/V system is nice but we would like to put another couch there. Has anybody made the move ? How and where have you relocated the audio/video electronics from the cabinet , sat dish control system , generator autostart panel etc ?

Has anybody found a Directv receiver to work with the Trackview LM dish ? It appears that it is the older technology where it has to have a Low Speed Data port connection to function....

The driver Panasonic screen front unit works fine with the camera and CD changer, but I can not figure out how to turn on the navigation portion with the Avic Navigation module that takes the Nav disks (above the driver in the cabinet). I am wondering if there is a trick to get that unit to turn on, there is no power button on it .....Checked the connections and all seem fine there....mystery.

Has anyone changed the carpet in the livingroom and installed laminate flooring ? The kitchen slide goes down to floor level. How does one change the carpet there where the slide glides on carpet ?

How do you change the light bulb in the roof markers on top of the coach ? I can not figure out how the lenses open to get to the bulbs . There are no screws....Afraid to pry up the plastic and risk breaking it....

Has anyone upgraded the day/night pleated shades with the MCD Duo roller shades ? Do I need to make new valances or the existing one are deep enough ?

The slide locks rattle in transit. Is there a trick to quiet them down, a particular position that they should be put in ? Never dealt with this kind before....

The lounge slide ( long one behind driver) seems to open ok at the bottom but leaves a gap at the top. Could go out another inch at the top to be flush against the gaskets. Is there an adjustment to look at ? It travels in and out fine, closes perfectly. There is no obstruction or something up there when it opens (that I can see) , just does not go out all the way a the top.....or maybe it needs the rollers adjusted at the floor level to square it off ? Can't seem to find access to the rollers or supporta at floor level either..... You can tell it is leaning a bit when fully open because the kitchen overhang cabinet is slightly tilted down....an inch at the top would make it flush against the top lip seal and straighten the cabinets....

Thanks in advance. God Bless

Marius and Tatiana
02 MA 4371
Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	21568
magav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum Marius & Tatiana.
Congrats on your new MA many safe miles for you.
You should start in the Quick Tips link for info on AC dash and Evans control units and for overhead AC's also.
The link will have pretty much what you have asked.
You can also do a search on the NEWMAR main page for floor info,furniture etc,etc.
Others will chime in on some of your other items I'm sure, when you looking in QT's link check all the links in posting by members for added info.
The locking bar can be tightened by removing and hitting the clamp portion that has the ball bearing in it with a hammer gently to close clamp more firmly on ball bearing.
The clearance lights are like mine and are surrounded by sealant and has to be pried off fiberglass.
If its a wiring problem all the wires are up in overhead fan compartment possibly.
Your slide adjustment problem maybe covered in QT's but you live in IN. and Newmar maybe just down the street from you and in the Jan to March time period they could cover any items for you with 15% savings on labor and they will even winterize the coach for you maybe something to consider.
You have a long list but most items have been covered before and the info is here on forum.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #3

Congratulations on your new rig. Your nav CD/DVD driver is located behind the screen. It is accessed by pushing a button on the front of the set at the bottom. That should cause it to power open exposing the drive. Sounds like the disc may be missing.
That's all I can add currently. Best of luck.

Peter
Old 05-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on the new MA and welcome.
The clearance lights, if there is no screw, pop on and off. Gently pry between lens and housing. Lens is all you will be taking off.
Nav system and cameras in same monitor? If your NAV system is anything like mine (06 Essex) you may find out the system is no longer made and support is N/A. We have the west coast disc for ours, but no help east of the Mississippi. Garmin DEZL 560 was our best option.
Dig into the QTs that 007 linked. I have found many helpful things there that has helped solve problems and answer many questions.
Dash A/C would, for me, be a task for the repair shop. ( I understand some of my limits)
Safe travels.
Chuck
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #5

We had a 2000 MADP and took it to McKinney, TX and had MCD duo shades installed. Current valances should work just fine. Best upgrade we did.