Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2015, 03:11 PM   #1

06 DSDP Screen Door handle holder thing

On my 06 DSDP the screen door is held against the entry door by a slot like thing on the entry door that consists of a little frame with a piece of rubber that the handle for the screen door goes behind. This rubber piece has dried out/torn and no longer holds the screen door handle.

I have looked on ComNet and searched online but don't find a replacement for that piece. If no one on here can point me to the replacement part I think I will try to just find a piece of heavy leather or rubber and make my own.

Has anyone else had to replace this? Thanks!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #2

I used a piece cut from a drink cozy. The thin, flat kind, not the thick foam rubber things.

J hope I'm talking about the same thing you are.

Tom
TLGPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I ordered one from Newmar and I believe for this little piece of rubber it was like $13, which didn't surprise me .!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:07 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
For my 2003 DSDP I took the old piece out and used it as a template on a cheap rubber mud flap ($4 for two flaps).
Has worked great ever since and I have enough spares to outlast me!

My problem has been finding a handle for the door itself. One end cracked (the end you put more pressure on). I crazy glued it and flipped it around and now pull gently. It seems every other door handle is either a touch to large or too small.

Chris
cvbdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:44 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvbdsl View Post
For my 2003 DSDP I took the old piece out and used it as a template on a cheap rubber mud flap ($4 for two flaps).
Has worked great ever since and I have enough spares to outlast me!

My problem has been finding a handle for the door itself. One end cracked (the end you put more pressure on). I crazy glued it and flipped it around and now pull gently. It seems every other door handle is either a touch to large or too small.

Chris
I broke my inner screen door handle and found an exact replacement here
RV DESIGNER COLLECTION L559 - RV Designer Collection Handle Inside L Handle L559 - RV Plus fit perfectly.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I bought a thick piece of gasket material,used the old one for the pattern.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:11 AM   #7

Thank you for the feedback and ideas! I will go for the homemade fix.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #8

Can any of you get a picture of what you are talking about. When we bought our used coach there was no rubber, and I did not realize there should be. I have been pulling the screen door far enough to lower the metal piece inside the frame instead of in between. I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Thank you
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraFlap View Post
Can any of you get a picture of what you are talking about. When we bought our used coach there was no rubber, and I did not realize there should be. I have been pulling the screen door far enough to lower the metal piece inside the frame instead of in between. I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.

Thank you
I'd love to, but right now there's about 3 feet of snow around the MH
At this rate it will be late March before I can get out to it.

Chris
Old 02-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarwiebe View Post
I broke my inner screen door handle and found an exact replacement here
RV DESIGNER COLLECTION L559 - RV Designer Collection Handle Inside L Handle L559 - RV Plus fit perfectly.
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific, its the plastic handle on the main door itself that has cracked. The one you pull on from the inside to close the door(not the screen door).

Chris
Old 02-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HambonesBBQ View Post
On my 06 DSDP the screen door is held against the entry door by a slot like thing on the entry door that consists of a little frame with a piece of rubber that the handle for the screen door goes behind. This rubber piece has dried out/torn and no longer holds the screen door handle.

I have looked on ComNet and searched online but don't find a replacement for that piece. If no one on here can point me to the replacement part I think I will try to just find a piece of heavy leather or rubber and make my own.

Has anyone else had to replace this? Thanks!!!
Can you get a photo of the area and piece you are talking about? There seems to be a couple of items being discussed.
Thanks
Nina
DuraFlap Mud Flaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:47 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraFlap View Post

Thank you
Here are the pictures you requested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0150.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	86832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0151.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	86833  

mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:08 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
ptl engineering 019-033 block, screen door latch 1 10/19/2012 $19.07

3333 JOHN CONLEY DR., Lapeer, MI
PTL Engineering
Entrance door parts
Old 04-11-2015, 05:26 AM   #14

I had the same problem. This is what I'm trying. I found this small piece of leather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1428751594380.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	91110  
mbishop10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, scr