Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #15
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Peter, that makes the second nice guy you've met this week!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2006, 02:50 PM   #16

Yeh, but I think it was more. There is Henry, Rob, Del, Bill, and geeze eh, let's not forget Dick Parks.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #17

lug nut where is frakenmouth?
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #18
Administrator Emeritus

harley, WELCOME to iRV2!!
We're glad you came along and hope you will jump in and contribute on a regular basis.
I think you'll find a great bunch of folks here that share a common bond of RV'ing.

Frankenmuth is a neat town in Michigan where,according to the referenced website, some THREE MILLION people visit every year...

Take a look at the site!
Old 10-29-2006, 06:14 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to have missed you this a.m. Lug Nut.

Lug Nut and DW are great people. They graciously invited me into their rig to have a peak and some great conversation. Wish I would have had time for a full tour.

First time in an all electric coach. Lug Nut is a techie like me. Dual touch screen control panels, a power dinner table and much more I won't divulge. Let's just say he has some surprises for would be intruders. If the coach is armed and someone touches it, they get shocked. That's part of the all electric feature.

Thanks again for inviting me into the community.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:31 AM   #20
Administrator Emeritus

javajelly, the extra touch screen in the bedroom is an option I'm glad I ordered,but the electric table is standard on every Essex...

I had the techs here in Nappanee show me everything the security system can do and it's something else I'm glad I ordered as an option.

Lugnut's selection of the power slideout trays is yet another option I'd recommend.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #21

Javajelly, I'm sorry I missed you too. I went down and knock at your door about 9:00 am or so. Maybe you were having a shower or were out. Anyway we had to hit the road and are home now. Hopefully next meeting will work out.

Peter
Old 10-29-2006, 10:55 AM   #22

Further to my last. Javajelly, that is the best looking DSDP I've ever seen. We walked the dog down around it this morning. It's the first one I've seen with three AC units and painted up well. The color of the coach is awesome, what color is it?
I said to Cherrie, my wife, if you didn't know models it would be a coin toss to guess whether yours was more expensive or mine. It is truly beatiful, so get those things adjusted and fixed and get out there and show it off.
Hope to see you in my travels.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Peter & Cherrie,

Truly sorry. 9 a.m. at the store buying sewer hose and trying to entertain the little ones at the playground. Before leaving New York, we literally drove to the dealer, unloaded what we had, dry camped, and drove off at 4:30 the next morning for 7 hours to Frankenmuth.

w/two little one, the baths, laundry and dishes add up quick. Tank full. Store opened at 9. Sue (DW) and I needed a shower bad.

(Sue said she said hi at about 8 while walking by, but, you wouldn't have known who she was)

Here's the kicker, as a campground owner we have plenty of RV supplies in the store. I of course, in all the excitement to get out of Dodge, did not go raid the stock.

Thanks much for the compliments on the coach. The color scheme is Cider in and out. We do feel that the new 43' DSDP floor plans are a great value. This is especially true given that we have limited time in the coach and young children.

I spent a glorious day reading manuals, experimenting and watching football. Everyone who happened to walk by today could see my backside in the front windshield re-wiring the audio and video. I am a geek when it comes to this stuff.

BTW, after reviewing your coach, it seems that the street side slide was deeper than the slide on my coach. Inside space comparison seemed to indicate the same. Any comments.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #24
Administrator Emeritus

Here's a Newmar pic of the Cider Exterior...

Old 10-29-2006, 04:06 PM   #25

No problem Scott, we'll connect next time. The street side on mine is deeper than the curb side as the kitchen slides on the left. The rear slides are similar with the deepest to the driver side.
Well it was a windy ride home. For a change the wind was mostly behind, one of the few times on this 5,200 mile trip. Fuel consumption was nothing to write home about, 6.2 for overall trip. I can live with that as it's just breaking in, we had severe head winds most of the time and I drove hard and fast to break it in for best performance.
Hope you have a great get-away and enjoy your coach. She's a looker.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #26

Thanks Bob. That's it alright. Nice lines and colors.
P.S. How was dinner at the Italian joint?
Old 10-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #27
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, the Italian joint was as good as it always is....good food in a casual setting.

java's DSDP sure must've been a looker in person!

Speaking of the wind, it must be blowing this way tonight as the train whistles are especially noticeable here in the service lot...