Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I have kept this forum up to date on the buying process of my new rig.

Overall - We are delighted w/our coach presuming some key issues can be corrected soon. We are confident as well as others who have seen the coach, that this is absolutely the best value out there given the size, features and quality.

Also, there were many little pleasant feature surprises I found when digging into the coach. From my days in the auto industry, we called this customer delight vs. customer satifaction.

We took delivery on Friday 10/28 at 4 - 7 p.m. I had reviewed the rig before and we had problems w/vibration at 50mph and up, coolant leak, cargo doors uneven, and an all important (to me) custom satellite cable run not done.

Coolant leak was two loose clamps. No big deal from the Cummins dealear's perspective.

Vibration was partially corrected by balancing front tires. Didn't want to wait for the rest. Will have back tires balanced and U-Joint lubricated to correct.

Cargo doors still unresolved. Will get advisement from Newmar

Voyage:
We dry camped at the dealer and left at 5 a.m. Saturday. Had an uneventful trip considering my first time w/a tag.

Fridge did not work on LP. I was upset, but, asked myself what would Bob do. Called the dealer, got some troubleshooting tips and dinner out paid for. Turns out everything is all right. Should be just one time thing, as all worked well rest of trip.

Arrived at destination in Frankenmuth, MI, met Lug Nut and read manuals, played w/all the gadgets and my kids, watched football on multiple TV's. (FYI, Lug Nut has a nice ride, can't wait to see him pullin' the 'sclade)

Returned home today. Dealer is working on punch list. We will be ready for our big trip South in 2.5 weeks. I am a happy camper.

BTW, I'm sure I overused the Tag Axle Air Dump.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I have kept this forum up to date on the buying process of my new rig.

Overall - We are delighted w/our coach presuming some key issues can be corrected soon. We are confident as well as others who have seen the coach, that this is absolutely the best value out there given the size, features and quality.

Also, there were many little pleasant feature surprises I found when digging into the coach. From my days in the auto industry, we called this customer delight vs. customer satifaction.

We took delivery on Friday 10/28 at 4 - 7 p.m. I had reviewed the rig before and we had problems w/vibration at 50mph and up, coolant leak, cargo doors uneven, and an all important (to me) custom satellite cable run not done.

Coolant leak was two loose clamps. No big deal from the Cummins dealear's perspective.

Vibration was partially corrected by balancing front tires. Didn't want to wait for the rest. Will have back tires balanced and U-Joint lubricated to correct.

Cargo doors still unresolved. Will get advisement from Newmar

Voyage:
We dry camped at the dealer and left at 5 a.m. Saturday. Had an uneventful trip considering my first time w/a tag.

Fridge did not work on LP. I was upset, but, asked myself what would Bob do. Called the dealer, got some troubleshooting tips and dinner out paid for. Turns out everything is all right. Should be just one time thing, as all worked well rest of trip.

Arrived at destination in Frankenmuth, MI, met Lug Nut and read manuals, played w/all the gadgets and my kids, watched football on multiple TV's. (FYI, Lug Nut has a nice ride, can't wait to see him pullin' the 'sclade)

Returned home today. Dealer is working on punch list. We will be ready for our big trip South in 2.5 weeks. I am a happy camper.

BTW, I'm sure I overused the Tag Axle Air Dump.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its better than wearing off the tread on your tires Scott, keep the questions coming
I'am sure we have some GUESTS that are learning something about all the features they may have never known they had.
Lug Nut has been giving you the answers you need I thank him.
By the time you go South "YOU" will be a pro in the operation of your new Newmar.
I have a question of you do you have the large 4 door refer? If you do make sure your fans are working we don't need another refer problem like Bob G. had.
You can test to see by putting a heater fan in the bottom of you outside refer access door and you should hear those fans come on.
Do it during the warm part of the day.
My refer wouldn't work on gas at first either, they were going to replace it , went camping anyway and it started to work must have had air in the gas line that worked itself out. My fans always worked and I check to make sure every spring.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote