RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

10 Year rule

Hi guys and gals,
My wife and i are taking a 14 day trip to the gulf @ Port Aransas, The park we are staying at required pics of my rig, I am not new to rv's by no means and i do understand the "10 YEAR RULE", My rig is a 1999 dutch star, cummins on a spartan chassis, and super clean, and i absolutely love it, I have never been embarrassed to pull the ol'e girl up anywhere, My question is this:
Do you guys with new rigs get offended when a 20 year old rig pulls in?
I'm certain i am not the only person that has had this question, I would really love to hear some real answers on this.
Thanks in advance
By the way, They did approve the coach!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #2

We have stayed beside horse trailers without any second thoughts so for the most part I bet the majority feels the same

Cousin Eddie is out there and therefore lies the problem

Old 08-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #3

Bye the way our park owner friends say it is the liability issue
Old 08-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
From the understanding that I have gotten from park owners and managers is that the rule is in place IN CASE someone rolls up in a rig that is a "refugee from a wrecking yard". It is to give them an out so that they are not sued for discrimination or some other type of lawsuit. Sort of like the sign "we reserve the right not to serve you"
I have not seen anyone on here that has said they were refused with their older rig.
lawjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:19 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We've parked next to all types of campers throughout the years. The rigs will never offend me, but the people sometimes do. I don't have an issue with the ten year rule, even if I still owned my 2005 Diplomat, as my coach always looks nice. I understand why the rule is there and I'm glad many places are implementing it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

10 Year rule

We have stayed next to some beautiful, well maintained 20 plus year old RVs. Enjoyed talking to owners, they share wonderful stories.
Jerrilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Offended by the age of a coach? Absolutely not! I don't care how old a coach is and, in fact, I am impressed when I see a "vintage" (better term in my view than "old") that has been well-maintained or restored. That includes a beautifully restored 1928 custom "motor house" that I encountered a few years back. Stunning!

What does offend me is a coach in obviously poor condition full of folks who lack any of the fundamental social graces. Coaches leaking oil, loud music at all hours and undisciplined kids running amok are some of my pet peeves, along with people strewing garbage about and dogs running loose...and doing what dogs do...in my space.

TJ
Old 08-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If your rig is good and you send pictures then they say no you really haven't missed out on anything.
https://wordpress.com/posts/enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
What does offend me is a coach in obviously poor condition full of folks who lack any of the fundamental social graces. Coaches leaking oil, loud music at all hours and undisciplined kids running amok are some of my pet peeves, along with people strewing garbage about and dogs running loose...and doing what dogs do...in my space.

TJ
This.

Dont care how old a rig is or even what kind (5er, TT, A, B, C). As long as its in good shape and the people are polite, respectful and clean, well all get along.
Mapnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:38 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
If your motorhome looks good I would say its a 1999 this year and a 2000 next year and so on and so forth............
I do understand why they have implemented the rule for all of the negative issues named above. And I also have been told that its an insurance issue for the parks.

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote