Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2017, 07:09 AM   #29

I contacted CS about our piping and was told that they would have all new material for us but we would have to pay to have it installed. They have us scheduled for August to pickup the material. I asked what it would cost to have them install it and was told they would just send it out to Villa for re-covering and back to them for install. Still no estimate for labor costs.
DW is a bit upset that it's going to cost us to have it done. Bad enough that it will put us out of our home for over a week as we are full-time and have no where to go.
Is anyone else being charged for their repairs?
opeltodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #30

Todd, is your coach still in warranty?? If so I would think there would be no charge, however if you are beyond 1 year that may explain the installation charge.
David D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:06 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
J couch

I have a J couch for sale from our 2015 DS 4018, its in like new condition.
We are located in Lake Havasu City, Arizona.
Color Tan with tan piping, just went to stadium seating with powered recliners.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
We are scheduled on April 24th to have our furniture replace...recovered.
lrose44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrose44 View Post
We are scheduled on April 24th to have our furniture replace...recovered.
Hi Len & Sue --

I'm also scheduled for the week of April 24th. Let's get together.

Hilton
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:47 AM   #34

My 2015 DSDP is out of warranty but then again who's 2015 isn't?
Many of the posters here are saying they're having their furniture replaced. I would like to know how many are having to cover their own cost for labor. Also, why wasn't this concidered a recall and covered under extended warranty? It just seems to me that I shouldn't have to pay for something I had control over. Does anyone else have issue with this? I'm afraid the cost to do the switch is going to break the bank and I won't be able to get the job done till I save up some "fun tickets".
Old 03-22-2017, 06:59 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybtt View Post
Sounds nice. Any pics of your setup? We are headed to the factory in July and one of the items I'd like to do is get rid of the couch in favor of recliners. Lots of the "rv" recliners I've seen pretty much suck. I'm a big fan of the theater seats you can get in higher end 5th wheels, but haven't seen anyone do that in a class A. I had powered theater seats in our old house and I miss them.
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:39 PM   #36

[QUOTE=srrobe;3504984]Wagonmaster

For the life of me I don't know why you don't sell the coach and buy something your happy with![/QUOTE

Don't think I haven't laid awake many nights thinking this very thing. But considering our age I don't think we have that much time left to find a buyer, spend another year or two searching for a satisfactory coach, waiting several months for it to come in, then spend another year or two getting the bugs out of it.

This was supposed to be our last one before we had to give up rving. Maybe 10-15 years ago all this frustration would have just rolled off like water from a ducks back but knowing we don't have the luxury of time like so many on this Forum it's all hard to bare.

So sorry for all the negative posts but guess it all started when Newmar delivered our new $400,000 coach with the wrong color interior decor from what was ordered. Should have taken that as an ill omen from the very start and refused the coach even though the dealer stated he wouldn't refund our deposit. Hindsight is 20/20.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 08:50 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeltodd View Post
My 2015 DSDP is out of warranty but then again who's 2015 isn't?
Many of the posters here are saying they're having their furniture replaced. I would like to know how many are having to cover their own cost for labor. Also, why wasn't this concidered a recall and covered under extended warranty? It just seems to me that I shouldn't have to pay for something I had control over. Does anyone else have issue with this? I'm afraid the cost to do the switch is going to break the bank and I won't be able to get the job done till I save up some "fun tickets".
Can't answer all of your q's but I'll offer some more info specific to our furniture. We noticed shortly after taking delivery 8/15 & made the appointment at Newmar after just four months of ownership. Even though you are out of warranty I agree with you Newmar should step up as they know the fabric was defective. Lastly they did not replace our furniture. They removed it, sent it to villa to recover, and then reinstalled.
twojayhawks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 02:38 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
J couch

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybtt View Post
Couch still for sale, whole or if you need any pieces or pillows. Our interior is
Toffee, couch is tan and in like new.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
garybtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #39

I take it from the lack of responses that most of you had to pay for the labor to repair Newmar mistakes.
It is nice of them to provide the materials​ but how about taking the next step?
Newmar knows the problem exsists, I believe they should step up and do right by their "so far" loyal customers.
Sorry for the rant.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #40

They are replacing all of our furniture on May 8, and never said a thing about charges for labor. So, I have no expectation of being charged for anything regarding this furniture issue!
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by opeltodd View Post
I take it from the lack of responses that most of you had to pay for the labor to repair Newmar mistakes.
It is nice of them to provide the materials​ but how about taking the next step?
Newmar knows the problem exsists, I believe they should step up and do right by their "so far" loyal customers.
Sorry for the rant.
There is no labor charge!
Newmar has, as they have in the past in other issues, stepped up and accepted complete responsibility for all the costs associated for both material and labor, in this case, the defective material. As I mentioned in my previous post, I initally became concerned about a small blistering on my passenger seat only. Much to my surprise at the time, and before other furniture pieces began to show signs of defect, Newmar, without hesitation and of their own volition, stated to me they were going to replace all the upholstered furniture in my coach. Since then, of course, I learned others were experiencing the same issue. The point being, Newmar did not hesitate to mitigate or sweep an obvious problem under the rug, they simply are doing the right thing and correcting it.
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:29 AM   #42

August 2015 DS 4369

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsup View Post
There is no labor charge!
Newmar has, as they have in the past in other issues, stepped up and accepted complete responsibility for all the costs associated for both material and labor, in this case, the defective material. As I mentioned in my previous post, I initally became concerned about a small blistering on my passenger seat only. Much to my surprise at the time, and before other furniture pieces began to show signs of defect, Newmar, without hesitation and of their own volition, stated to me they were going to replace all the upholstered furniture in my coach. Since then, of course, I learned others were experiencing the same issue. The point being, Newmar did not hesitate to mitigate or sweep an obvious problem under the rug, they simply are doing the right thing and correcting it.
When did you first contact Newmar about this problem? I'm wondering what criteria they are using to determine who gets complete replacement furniture or just replacement material.
Michman66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dutch star, replace