Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 05:50 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snomas1 View Post
Your A/C can also shut down when the coils freeze up. Usually when it is set too low. We keep ours set @ about 76 degrees to prevent this from happening.

I run mine at 67 without a problem. If a unit can't maintain this operating temp then there is something wrong.

There are times that my unit never shuts down. Keeping it clean is key.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
I run mine at 67 without a problem. If a unit can't maintain this operating temp then there is something wrong.

There are times that my unit never shuts down. Keeping it clean is key.

I like it cool when sleeping and 76% would be to warm for us. 67% sounds much better!!
roadtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #17

Wink right on

Quote:
Originally Posted by HicksRA View Post
One day into our vacation, the front roof a/c unit quit working (dual Dometics with the integrated Comfort Control thermostat). It just cut off when it cooled the coach down to the proper temp and then would not come back on.
I could move the setting to low fan or high fan and the fan would come on, but no compressor. Move it to auto and nothing would come on. I immediately assumed that the starting capacitor had bit the dust, so I called a RV Service place to come out and fix it.
When he arrived he said the first thing we should do is reset the thermostat. I had no idea the thermostat could even be reset. He showed me to turn the thermostat off, press the "Mode" and "Zone" buttons at the same time and turn the stat on. After a "FF" symbol appears, turn the stat off and back on.
Lo and behold after resetting, the front air fired up and everything was good again.
So with a service charge of $150, I learned that if your a/c's are acting up, the first (and easiest) thing to do is reset the thermostat......

Maybe this can save someone else a service call in the future.
almost happened too me but I got lucky and happened too have the manual,great post
vagabon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Just thought I'd let you know that I couldn't get my 3 zone system to reset this way.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Red Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof